It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ozone Layer Conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Remember decades ago when there was a scientifically proven dramatic thinning of the ozone layer over Australia and Tasmania in Particular?
Now no on ementions it?
It has suddenly repaired itself?
I have lived in Northern NSW for a few months of every year since the late Nineties and let me tell you some days you can get sun burnt after ten minutes in the sun, other days it takes hours to receive the same degree of sun burn.
My suspiscion is that we are being denied the critical information to save us from all sorts of cancers, by the downplaying ie the clever masking of the ozone depletion threat.
It is now called UV radation threat.
In far North NSW it is regularly above ten, I believe the max is 11.
Are we being fried inside?
The cancer increase in the last few years is extraordinary.
In fact many canncers are left undiagnosed in older people as they die of old age before the government has to spend any money on treatment?
I say we are being lied to.
The ozone layer is gone or at least severley thinned for many months of the year.
But they don't want the publicity?
Anyone else think this is on the money?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'll be very interested in finding out too.
Made huge news in the 90's, now naught..
I live in northern Vic, near the border, & I have experienced the same alternating doses of sunburn severity.
In regard to the cancer cases in my area, I usually hear of at least 2 new cases a month.
Great thread, S&F

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Dr Expired

omg the ozone layer, thats so early 90s

i agree my friend, have to say the last time i ever heard ozone mentioned in the news was about ozone pollution being too high in certains areas so people were advised to stay inside

and theres no denying the sun is toastier

nowadays i go to the beach one day and get the tan it would take me a week a dozen years ago

i dont wear sunscreen, all i do is drink alot of water to stay hidrated, sweat, plus seawater heals anything.

maybe ill suffer from it in due time, but for now, the sun and the ocean alone make sure i dont need any flu shot

interesting questions you raise here

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
It hasn't suddenly repaired itself by any means but since the banning of CFCs there does seem to be an improvement, some years are better than others. It will take decades more to fully recover.

But the main part of the hole has always been located over Antarctica. It doesn't really extend as far north as Tasmania, never really did.
www.theozonehole.com...

edit on 8/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
yeh this is a problem for sure,
i live in adelaide and have definately noticed the severity of the sunburn
10 minutes some days and your scaldered.
even through cloud u get smashed some days at the footy or what not.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I remember being taught in middle school about the ozone depletion issue. Its funny you mention it, I wonder why they dropped it? remember being told not to use aerosol sprays because, it destroys the ozone.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As far as cancer goes yes it is a huge for profit enterprise.

The Greatest Historian of the 20th century Eustace Mullins has a great chapter on the profits of cancer in his book 'MURDER BY INJECTION'

Chapter 3 pg 59

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

More UV rays = more money for "treatment"
edit on 12-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It will take decades more to fully recover.

please explain this theory

The 2nd line is here.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I think the issue is quite the opposite. The thinning of ozone layer was highly exaggerated imo and some of the depletion seems to have more natural causes, even though humans have played a part as well.

I think the increased cancer has a very different reason.. Nearly all human cancers have gone up like hell including rare childhood cancers, which has nothing to do with UV radiation.
I wonder why animals and native tribes arent dying like flies from skin cancer even though they are out in sun all day and have no sunscreen.

I also wonder why skin cancer rates here in scandinavia is high even though UV levels never get above moderate 4-6 during summer.

Personally I think it is all the chemicals we are exposed to that is a big reason behind this.
Also if you want to protect yourself a bit you should try to stay indoors at noon or at least protect yourself well.
The UV is worst right before and after noon and UV levels drop quickly after a few hours.

Edit: It is not just cancer either.. All kinds of disorders, autoimmune disorders, brain disorders and so on is highly increasing.
edit on 12-8-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

I remember being taught in middle school about the ozone depletion issue. Its funny you mention it, I wonder why they dropped it? remember being told not to use aerosol sprays because, it destroys the ozone.

Probably because they got their funding and then moved on to more profitable things like global warming.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

It's in the link but ok.

Sunlight is required for the formation of ozone. The ozone hole forms every winter over Antarctica because of the lack of sunlight. During this period, natural processes reduce the amounts of ozone but the chlorofluorocarbons which came into use as refrigerants in the 1930's have a much greater and long lasting effect.

Even though the use of CFCs has been drastically reduced they are long lived compounds, they are still there eating ozone. It will take a long time for the natural ozone creation/depletion cycles to return.

While the hole itself resides over Antarctica, the link also says this:

However, less-well-known is that ozone depletion has been measured everywhere outside the tropics, and that it is, in fact, getting worse. in the middle latitudes (most of the populated world), ozone levels have fallen about 10% during the winter and 5% in the summer. Since 1979, they have fallen about 5% per decade when averaged over the entire year. Depletion is generally worse at higher latitudes, i.e. further from the Equator.

www.theozonehole.com...

The problem has not gone away. It's just that there isn't much to be done but wait to see what happens next.

edit on 8/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok , but they say physical observation is science worthy?
And the sun has been playing tricks since the mid eighties.
Also they say solar flares can steadily erode the ozone layer.
In the media the hole Significant thining) was reported to be as far north as Brisbane Qld .
Even if it is entirely natural it could still be cancer causing.
On two consequtive sunny days the Uv rating can swing from 11 down to 8 so what causes this?
Sorry just read your post above andr ead fully your link.
I guess it will pay to read the UV alerts in oour weather bulletins, before taking off the hat and sunscreen.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Dr Expired because: adittion of words

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Yes you are probably on the money.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the link. Good info.
Unfortunately the hole is in the green directly over us atm........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Variations in the ozone level overhead, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure (which affects how "thick" the air mass is). Probably some other things. Weather.

edit on 8/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

I'm in the tropics.
It always is.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Derp.
Its been a long day.

-.-
edit on 13-8-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

join