It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: Ron Paul is "nuts on parade"; will destroy Republican party

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

...What a bunch of phonies. They can't see the forrest through the trees.

They're intellectually dishonest and as offensive as the "Left" they claim to despise.

They talk a good constitutional game and mouth a love of liberty but wouldn't know either if they bit them in the
a$$....

They are all bought and paid for whether they know it or not. If they get out of line the OWNERS of the MSM silence them.

Derry Brownfield is the first to come to mind.

...Nothing got past Derry. He wasn't afraid to take on rot and corruption which cost him a long time radio show slot. You see, he took on Monsanto, a sponsor the network felt was more important than the truth. That didn't stop Derry. He found a home on another network and continued broadcasting...
DERRY BROWNFIELD, REST IN PEACE

And then the florida reporters who were fired...

...Florida Reporters Awarded $500,000 in Damages after FOX TV Caved into
Monsanto and Killed an Investigative Series on the controversial
recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH).... www.organicconsumers.org...

Of course Organic Consumers itself is another Elite Mouthpiece SEE: Food Freedom Betrayal

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

I'm sure it's already been said by someone else, but I just saw this and felt that nasty urge to point out the obvious: Rush is a person that does what he does not to spread truth, but to garner money. The more sensational things he says, the more money he rakes in.

He's manipulating and duping those with conservative leanings.

Look at what happened when he admitted to be a drug addict, which is another thing to never forget: he is a drug addict. He has an addiction problem.

Rush has a contract that pays him over $400million thru 2016. He also got a $100million signing bonus. And his endorsements bring his income well over $100million/yr. He doesn't need money.

As far as his past drug problems, to dwell on that point is pure meanness. As humans, none of us is perfect, and understanding and forgiveness go a lot farther than casting stones.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
As far as his past drug problems, to dwell on that point is pure meanness. As humans, none of us is perfect, and understanding and forgiveness go a lot farther than casting stones.

That's true. Ron Paul would work towards making it to where people suffering addiction, such as Rush did, could get treatment instead of jail time regardless of their social standing. Where's the understanding and forgiveness of those who don't have their own talk show? There are people doing life sentences for drug use, while pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc. are released to make room for people who commit crimes against nobody except themselves. And the taxpayers foot the bill for the arrests, incarcerations, the helicopters flying around looking to drop armored warriors to the ground to do battle with....plants. Meanwhile, instead of mom and pop farmers getting responsible adult's money and creating jobs, that American money goes to cartels in Mexico.
edit on 14-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Mr. Paul believes that social security and medicare are unconstitutional. Trust me when I tell you that those of us on social security and medicare will not vote for this man should he be a candidate. It won't happen.

Mr. Paul believes the two entities are "extreme liberal viewpoints". Well, it's not just that. It was the decision of the Supreme Court in 1937 when they said that Social Security was constitutional, under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.
edit on 14-8-2011 by aero56 because: more info

edit on 14-8-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Mr. Paul believes that social security and medicare are unconstitutional. Trust me when I tell you that those of us on social security and medicare will not vote for this man should he be a candidate. It won't happen.

This is the reason I can't support Dr. Paul. I can't afford to pay to take care of my aging parents that rely on SS and medicare.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You won't have to, he's not talking about pulling the rug out from under people who are dependent on it, he's talking about making changes, because the system as it is can't be sustained, so what's the point in talking as if it will be around much longer anyway?

Q: How do you propose to keep Medicare financially solvent?

PAUL: Well, under these conditions, it's not solvent and won't be solvent. If you're an average couple, you would have put $140,000 into it. And in your lifetime, you will take out more than three times that much. So a little bit of arithmetic tells you it's not solvent, so we're up against the wall on that, so it can't be made solvent. It has to change. We have to have more competition in medicine. And I would think that if we don't want to cut any of the medical benefits for children or the elderly, because we have drawn so many in and got them so dependent on the government, if you want to work a transition, you have to cut a lot of money. Some revamping has to occur. What we need is competition. We need to get a chance for the people to opt out of the system. Just--you talk about opting out of Obamacare? Why can't we opt out of the whole system and take care of ourselves?
www.ontheissues.org...

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security?

A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas.
www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

This is the reason I can't support Dr. Paul. I can't afford to pay to take care of my aging parents that rely on SS and medicare.

And you're part of the big reason why the establishment cherry picks your candidates for you. If you actually knew what he stood for, I bet you'd support him. But, keep on touting the good 'ol Republican party mantra and I'm sure things will turn around in 2012.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He got it backwards. Rush Limbaugh is nuts on parade and will destroy America.

Rush Limbaugh suposedly came clean a few years ago saying he was through with carrying the water for the Republican Party, who he claimed were hacks.

I guess he's back to his old tricks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
With dignity Ron Paul addresses Limbaugh's place in the Republican party.
Ron Paul on Rush Limbaugh (YouTube video)

I wish every Neocon could see this. It provides a little contrast between Limbaugh and Paul's philosophies.
Limbaugh, like Obama is a divider - both for profit. Paul unites.

Ron Paul discusses Limbaugh further. Love the fact that he puts "princiiples ahead of personalities" and won't take the bait offerred by the correspondent.

edit on 14-8-2011 by robyn because: can't type

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

He's talking about allowing young people to opt out of the system, not destroying it. In NO WAY would your aging parents be affected. Just "google" Ron Paul and SS and you can see for yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by SheopleNation

No need for "partisan blinders" because I am a life long Republican. Well, atleast until if or when Ron Paul leaves the Party to run as an Independent Conservative because the braindead GOP will never give him the nomination.

So the GOP is braindead. I AGREE. So what?

Gingrich the "most intelligent, experienced in the race"? LOL! Well I'll give yuh the "most experienced" because he probably is because he is the former Speaker of the House. However, I wouldn't call being a Liberal Republican, Neo-Con yes-man robot anything close to being intelligent.

I doubt if you'd recognize intelligence if it sat next to you at lunch time.

But you might have to take the puppet blinders off to realize that. ~SheopleNation

Uh huh...
And who might this puppet be following, praytell?

So what? Because you're a perfect example of how braindead that they are.

Your opinion on my intelligence I could care less about. However, It sounds like a personal attack, which I know is against the rules here. Otherwise, I gotta trunk full of retorts in order to get the jump on a chump like you bro. Hey, You seem so angry? Truth is, I have only shown you respect. Try reading the rules here, or risk being put in your place and both of us being banned because of I still don't even know why. Get over it crybaby.

Let me ask you this,....? What exactly is your problem anyway? Isn't that a reasonable question?

Waiting for your answeR. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

You folks speak as if RP is the only candidate that wants to bring our men and women home. You're deluded.

The difference is, we believe he actually means it. Obama ran on that platform too, and it tricked me into voting for him. We don't want the 3rd coming of Bush, we want REAL hope and change. Don't bother trying to convince us another establishment candidate will be different...this time.

100% agree my brother. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Nice post. Very courteous and mature. You sound very reasonable.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

That's true. Ron Paul would work towards making it to where people suffering addiction, such as Rush did, could get treatment instead of jail time regardless of their social standing. Where's the understanding and forgiveness of those who don't have their own talk show? There are people doing life sentences for drug use, while pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc. are released to make room for people who commit crimes against nobody except themselves.

Life sentences for using? C'mon, isn't that exaggerating just a little bit?

And how is it Rush's fault that money buys 'justice' in this world? Way off topic.

And the taxpayers foot the bill for the arrests, incarcerations, the helicopters flying around looking to drop armored warriors to the ground to do battle with....plants. Meanwhile, instead of mom and pop farmers getting responsible adult's money and creating jobs, that American money goes to cartels in Mexico.

Again, sad but true. But again, how is this Limbaugh's fault?

Except that, other motives may be in action here. Like inserting his name whenever you speak of injustice. Do it enough, and the association sticks, making him somehow responsible for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Nope. Sadly, it's true.

Cornell Hood II got off with probation after three marijuana convictions in New Orleans.

He didn't fare too well after moving to St. Tammany Parish, however. A single such conviction on the north shore landed the 35-year-old in prison for the rest of his life.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A Texas state trooper stops a 1990 Mercedes with an expired registration sticker. The driver says he does not have his driver's license or proof of insurance. After arresting him for "failure to identify," the trooper searches him and his car, finding 14 grams (half an ounce) of marijuana and hashish. Indicted for possession with intent to deliver, he could be sent to prison for the rest of his life.

Does it matter that the defendant is a 20-year-old asthmatic who obtained the cannabis with a doctor's recommendation in California? Not under Texas law, which prohibits the use of marijuana for any purpose. And the situation in which Chris Diaz finds himself would be outrageous even without the medical angle.

*snip*

Seriously? No matter what your view of the war on drugs, the leap from citable offense to first-degree felony is hard to fathom, let alone justify. In Texas, according to Dean, half an ounce of marijuana can get you anything from a ticket to life in prison, depending on factors that have nothing to do with the moral gravity of the offense.
reason.com...

I didn't say it was, but I do remembering him speaking out against "scum" drug users, before it came out that he was one.
edit on 14-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Nope. Sadly, it's true.

Cornell Hood II got off with probation after three marijuana convictions in New Orleans.

He didn't fare too well after moving to St. Tammany Parish, however. A single such conviction on the north shore landed the 35-year-old in prison for the rest of his life.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I read it as possession with intent to distribute, which is a whole 'nother ballgame.

But I will agree with you that the mj laws are almost insane. It's time to at least decriminalize usage, if not to actually legalizing it. But, baby steps. The amount of resources wasted on enforcing the mj laws could be put to so much better use.

Seriously? No matter what your view of the war on drugs, the leap from citable offense to first-degree felony is hard to fathom, let alone justify. In Texas, according to Dean, half an ounce of marijuana can get you anything from a ticket to life in prison, depending on factors that have nothing to do with the moral gravity of the offense.
reason.com...

I didn't say it was, but I do remembering him speaking out against "scum" drug users, before it came out that he was one.

Yeah, that was definitely a stupid comment on his part.
edit on 15-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Did you read all this from a teleprompter?

And since you went there with anti-war folks, I think that soldier-sniffing sheep are scum too.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

No hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ron paul is a living legend, and if you make him president he will lead this country to unbelievable liberty and prosperity.

rush Limbaugh is a fraud he is not even a good republican . he uses his first amendment to attack Ron Paul who has never backed down on asserting Liberty our ancestors killed for.

Ron Paul is the lion of Liberty. I hope he becomes the commander and chief .
That is a man i would fight for for FREE!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am new to this site. In fact this is my first post. I came to this site while trolling for WHy the heck Ron Paul is being neglected by MSM... Well I have found a lot of pro paul information amongst the internet. I also feel that the constant neglect by the media will only further help RP in his running. To not be the MSM highlight reel, to keep the focus as one of the people. America is sick of being spoon fed these fake propaganga filled representatives. RP seems like the only truth in our seemingly corrupt government. I have looked through a lot of polls (mainly online) and all I can find I see RP dominating. Why then is he not a front runner? It sickens me to see RIck Perry get so much lime light when he is just another notch to be added to the conventional republicnas that are running. I hope and pray that america wakes up and elects someone who stands for them and not the establishment. I think if RP does "Destroy the republican Party" that will be a good start. I am a registered R. However in the last 4-5 years I have really started debating myself how much I want to stand for the R which denotes my voters registration.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join