It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: Ron Paul is "nuts on parade"; will destroy Republican party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcsuperman
Ron Paul is too old to be threatened to get the JFK treatment and I highly doubt he can be bought. Every other tool seems to have a price or a weakness (family to live for, etc.)

Perhaps their "campaign contributers" let them revel in the spotlight, get a taste of the life...then as any time you make a deal with the devil...you gotta make good on your end, or they threaten to drop some sort of bomb about them to destroy them. Probably not to hard to dig up and have some provable dirt on hand to release.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Pssst Rush..

GO SNORT ANOTHER LINE OF OXY!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Limbaugh’s and Hannity’s WABC shows have been stuck in a ratings slump since last year’s midterm elections, with Limbaugh’s ratings dropping 33 percent from October, and Hannity’s falling 28 percent from its fall peak. Ratings for fellow conservative Mark Levin experienced a similar decline............................

Ratings Drop for Limbaugh, Hannity Radio Shows

I can only hope he goes the way of Glenn Beck................

When most members of Congress see a bill for the first time, they immediately judge the bill on its merits, or if you're more cynical, they determine what the political interests that support them will think of it, or how it might benefit their constituents.
For Paul, the vast majority of bills don't get that far. He first asks, "Does the Constitution authorize Congress to pass this law?" Most of the time, the answer to that question is "no." And so Paul votes accordingly.

LINK

Great site on ALL the nominees and their stances..!!!!
Wish old Rush would do his homework............................

2012 Presidential Candidates

edit on 13-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I agree with Rush and his ilk I suppose. Ron Paul is awsome on most things, but his foreign policy would be suicide for the US. Putting your head in the sand at this time in history would be idiotic and dangerous. Isolationism is not the direction to go.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drah1168
I agree with Rush and his ilk I suppose. Ron Paul is awsome on most things, but his foreign policy would be suicide for the US. Putting your head in the sand at this time in history would be idiotic and dangerous. Isolationism is not the direction to go.

Ron Paul is not an isolationist, but a non-interventionist.

LINK

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The difference is, we believe he actually means it. Obama ran on that platform too, and it tricked me into voting for him. We don't want the 3rd coming of Bush, we want REAL hope and change. Don't bother trying to convince us another establishment candidate will be different...this time.

Oh, I believe he's sincere. But he still has no plan and no understanding of the consequences of an abrupt drawdown.

He's like the starry-eyed debutante who plaintively says.."Why can't we all just love one another"?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by marg6043

The GOP has been taken over by the religious right funded by big corporations and intent on turning America into a fascist state of the very wealthy vs. the serfs.

The new feudalism is upon us.

edit on 12-8-2011 by whaaa because: Judith call me..

Yah, well the Democrats have been taken over completely by the radical Marxists. I'll take the religious right over the godless, thanks very much.
edit on 14-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ron Paul seems like the right choice for us. However, who will big media push for office and, do they really count our votes? After Bush/ Gore in Florida I lost my confidence in the election system.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You forgot this closing paragraph....

A spokeswoman for Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates the talk shows, told Crain’s that the company isn’t worried about the report, since Limbaugh and Hannity “continue to be No. 1 and No. 2.”

And don't worry -- as the election nears, their numbers will skyrocket.

edit on 14-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I suppose the only thing worse than Rush Limbaugh railing against Ron Paul and continuing his crucial role in the perpetuation of the left-right propaganda matrix is hundreds of words and hours of energy wasted by people who are supposedly awake and above politics arguing about it all.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I thought republicans were more for the constitution. Oh wait most are corrupt so its no longer the "republican party for the republic"

if anything Ron Paul is the only TRUE republican left.

if Ron Paul is going to destroy the current republican party and return it to its roots, then by God so be it. The only politician that makes sense now is him.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

My friend, I was being sarcastic...
edit on 14-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm sure it's already been said by someone else, but I just saw this and felt that nasty urge to point out the obvious: Rush is a person that does what he does not to spread truth, but to garner money. The more sensational things he says, the more money he rakes in.

He's manipulating and duping those with conservative leanings.

Look at what happened when he admitted to be a drug addict, which is another thing to never forget: he is a drug addict. He has an addiction problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
bachman is much more dangerous with her clown hubby

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why doesn't Ron Paul wake up and smell the coffee - and DUMP the republican party and go independent once and for all? The GOP only keep him around 'cause RP stirs up more trouble for the Dems than he does for his own party, but as soon as he defies Karl Rove, Roger Ailers, and the GOP strategists, they'll trash him just as they always do.

Sit back and watch as the Fox-led tea-baggers begin trash talking the guy who was the spiritual founder of the tea party, because that's what the GOP planners dictate for the sake of their corporate-backed mainstream candidate.

I agree with the 3rd party sentiment, and in fact, I voted for Ross Perot. You see how THAT worked out. Unfortunately, the 3rd parties tend to divide the conservative party and therefore hand the vote to the democrats. In theory, I would LOVE to have a 3rd party, but in practice, it seems to be more divisive.

The only way I see it actually working would be for Ron Paul to be elected as a Republican, and then while President, change his party affiliation to 3rd party. I'm just speculating here, and maybe that could cause even more problems that don't come to mind. But off the top of my head, it seems like it could just work. Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

saw this last night and thought it was a great Rush spoof.

On topic though, I just think it's sad that people rely on these guys' opinons to form their decisions instead of using their own brain to come to their own conclusion. The more the media marginalizes Ron Paul, the more I like him. Anyone that can send both sides into a tizzy is tops in my book.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok,,all you Ron Paul nut jobs.....get off your butts...now...I have supported Ron Paul forever...It is time for you and me to get off out twats and tell/talk to everyone you can and have them talk to every one they can...and so on and so forth to make a change....the US has gotten here because of bought a paid for corrupt Congress on both parties..The Media and Hollywood is also bought a paid for...let's show TPTB that we have had enough...Ron Paulrevere is our only chance...If all we do is type our support and go back to work..we are done...prepare..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by booky

I will definitely be volunteering for the campaign this time around, something I've never done. I agree about alot of the RP supporters not leaving the house, if they're agoraphobic, they can always mail in their votes. We need to do like they did in the movie Gangs of New York when it's voting time, grab everybody by the ear and drag them to do their civic duty.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

That's why trickle down economics has proven it doesn't work. The rich are cheap, that's how they've become millionaires and billionaires! They don't spend it to create more jobs. They save it and only spend money on their luxury items for themselves!

There are very few wealthy people who use their excess money to help benefit society. They don't value their workers who helped them achieve success. They expect loyalty from their workers, yet the worker is the first one on the chopping block while their over paid management receive bonuses or are the last to be cut!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
And this means, that along with the Supreme Court's decision to allow corporations to donate unlimited funds to PACs, that those few concentrated numbers of people have concentrated power to affect elections.

Right, but the wild card now is social media. Dumping money into mainstream media campaigns used to drown out any candidates those corporations didn't want used to work well. But now, the people spend more time on FB than they do watching talking heads. We can do this.
edit on 14-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join