It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer seeks criminal charges against woman who videotaped police beating

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Didn't take long for this to get thrown out. As I said.
Mass. D.A. Says No Wiretapping Laws Broken When Cops Have No Expectation Of Privacy: PINAC

I notice you refused to address the arrest, jail time, court costs and permanent arrest record.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Mass. D.A. Says No Wiretapping Laws Broken When Cops Have No Expectation Of Privacy: PINAC

I notice you refused to address the arrest, jail time, court costs and permanent arrest record.

How much time was spent in jail?
What were the court costs?
What does the record actually state?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Yes, that is the point, it is a crime without consent, aims it was done in secret then it must be true much like the first case with the helmet cam. It is simple a way for the cops to ensure they cannot be held accountable for their thuggish actions.

Consent and knowledge are two completely different things. You never covered consent. I am not sure what your point is because it is quite apparently not the same as what mine was.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Yes, that is the point, it is a crime without consent, aims it was done in secret then it must be true much like the first case with the helmet cam. It is simple a way for the cops to ensure they cannot be held accountable for their thuggish actions.

Consent and knowledge are two completely different things. You never covered consent. I am not sure what your point is because it is quite apparently not the same as what mine was.

If you read back i was told is was not a crime, when in fact it is, it doesnt matter that there is an exclusion for public recording. No matter what you do, a cop will claim it was done without consent and that it was done secretly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

How much time was spent in jail?
What were the court costs?
What does the record actually state?

Why doe it matter how much time was spent, if its not a crime then that is kidnapping and false imprisonment
Even a dollar spent is to much when no crime has been committed
Does it matter what the record shows other then a previous arrest?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Your arguing over semantics. It is not a crime if the filming is not "secret" (ie: a concealed camera). Yes, the person was arrested because yes the cops of course will say it was concealed.

But how many times to cops plant false evidence? How many times do cops reach into their pockets, then yours and suddenly find drugs?

You are correct in what you are saying.. I just think you are saying it wrong.

And someone else had pointed out it is illegal to record someone without their permission. That is only true in a state by state case. In NY there is a "one party law" which means I can record you without your permission. Some states have a "two party law" which means you must inform the person that you are recording them.

Either way, I think this cop is just mad that he got caught and is trying (as usual) to pass the blame off to others.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why doe it matter how much time was spent, if its not a crime then that is kidnapping and false imprisonment
Even a dollar spent is to much when no crime has been committed
Does it matter what the record shows other then a previous arrest?

Are you for real? You are the one that brought this crap up. When pressed on the details it no longer matters? Either you have the answers or you are having an emotional response to a LACK of information. Which is it? You were so worried about those things being addressed.

So I am addressing them for you.
Now can you answer? It seems rather important to the point you seemed to want to make.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If you read back i was told is was not a crime, when in fact it is,

If you read back you will see where you were corrected on that. The crime is "secretly" video taping them when you said the crime is taping them in any fashion. You were wrong and shown to be.

it doesnt matter that there is an exclusion for public recording. No matter what you do, a cop will claim it was done without consent and that it was done secretly.

You are saying the actual law does not matter because the cop is going to just lie anyway then?

Sorry but if you claim something is illegal and it is not, it really does not matter how many cops you distrust about it. Illegal is illegal and legal is legal. You cannot say something is not legal to do just because some cop TRIED to punish someone for it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Are you for real? You are the one that brought this crap up. When pressed on the details it no longer matters? Either you have the answers or you are having an emotional response to a LACK of information. Which is it? You were so worried about those things being addressed.

Yes I brought them up as they are part of this problem, Even tho it may not be a crime technically, it is in reality a punishment. what more details do you need? you think its ok to put someone in jail for no reason? do you think its ok to force them to pay to defend themselves? are you saying its ok to have an arrest record of any kind when all you did was ATTEMPT to hold these thugs accountable? Go spend some time in jail and get back to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you read back i was told is was not a crime, when in fact it is,

If you read back you will see where you were corrected on that. The crime is "secretly" video taping them when you said the crime is taping them in any fashion. You were wrong and shown to be.

it doesnt matter that there is an exclusion for public recording. No matter what you do, a cop will claim it was done without consent and that it was done secretly.

You are saying the actual law does not matter because the cop is going to just lie anyway then?

Sorry but if you claim something is illegal and it is not, it really does not matter how many cops you distrust about it. Illegal is illegal and legal is legal. You cannot say something is not legal to do just because some cop TRIED to punish someone for it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

Wether it is legal or illegal, people are being punished, even in the case where the cop was told it was a helmet crime he was arrested. ignorance is no excuse unless your a cop, its plain and simple. So until people are no longer being punished for doing what is "legally" allowed (what a crock that is) I will continue to say in fact it is illegal to tape a cop.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You do know that cops can arrest you for having an ugly mug. By your definition does it make it a crime to have an ugly mug?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You do know that cops can arrest you for having an ugly mug. By your definition does it make it a crime to have an ugly mug?
I don't put it past a cop to charge an ugly person for "disturbing the peace"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join