It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sun-Watching Satellite Spots Comet Elenin in Deep Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have read a vast number of threads here on ATS with a wide variety of paranoia and some belief that this comet is going to end the world.Well hopefully now we can finally put an end to all the hoopla.
(Link to source below for full article)

Conspiracy theorists say a planet, known as Nibiru, will swing in from the outskirts of our solar system and collide with Earth and wipe out humanity in 2012. Since no rogue planet has been found in the outer solar system, some people have argued that comet Elenin will be the true culprit in the Nibiru-Earth collision.Conspiracy theorists say a planet, known as Nibiru, will swing in from the outskirts of our solar system and collide with Earth and wipe out humanity in 2012. Since no rogue planet has been found in the outer solar system, some people have argued that comet Elenin will be the true culprit in the Nibiru-Earth collision.

NASA has dismissed the notion that comet Elenin is anything other than a dim, wimpy comet. It poses no threat to Earth, making its closest pass at a distance roughly 100 times farther than the distance from Earth to the moon.

Source

Alternative source:Stereo
edit on 12-8-2011 by Daedal because: Added text

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

but what about the Brown Dwarf behind it

Sorry .. had to say it

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Well hopefully now we can finally put an end to all the hoopla.

Yes, because Space.com and NASA said so.... that always works for me. The same people shelve technology that could free humanity from debt slavery, but they are honest at the same time. Whatever fills your Twinkie man.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

it may be a green kachina, but it sure ain't a red dwarf.

time will tell.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by Daedal
Well hopefully now we can finally put an end to all the hoopla.

Yes, because Space.com and NASA said so.... that always works for me. The same people shelve technology that could free humanity from debt slavery, but they are honest at the same time. Whatever fills your Twinkie man.

I think the source is much more credible than the various conspiracy information that has run rampant across the net.In fact I think all the info everyone has gathered has come from NASA to begin with.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

What makes a source credible? Being well funded? Because they have degrees & suits? Because NASA says so?

If Elenin or it's tag alongs were a REAL threat, you my friend would never know it until right before something happens.
The movie 2012 said it best, how would the world governments warn the people of the world of a disaster that great? ....They wouldn't.

Don't buy into the fear mongering, but don't lower all your shields based on the word of known liars like NASA.

edit on 12-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Really need to know. Literally. What is the best method to wade through the two polar opposite positions here? One side says "yes, it is there" and the other group says "absolutely not". Of course, there is almost always room in the middle, but its like being a little pregnant. There really isn't much in the middle (pardon the pun). A lot of us have read some or all of the multitude of threads and articles elsewhere, and as important as this is no one can truly afford to be wrong when, or if, the time comes. I am one who is not convinced, but I also am not willing to risk the lives and safety of my family by being unapproachable or too stubborn to change my mind if I see I need to.

So, instead of an ugly name calling or insulting debate/argument/etc, can we develop the best way to come to a majority and well-determined conclusion? There are people on this site well educated and capable of delivering definitive answers who are further capable of offering the best, non impeachable support for their conclusion. Or are we doomed to failure?

Personally, I think ATS is far too good for that.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No sign of the sun.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What makes a source credible? Being well funded? Because they have degrees & suits? Because NASA says so?

An intelligent, knowledgeable person is usually able to make a fairly accurate assessment of the credibility of a source based purely on what is being claimed, how it is being claimed (for example, what evidence is presented in support of the claim) and how the claim fits in with what is already known about the world.

It is true that this way of establishing the credibility of a source is not available to people who lack the necessary knowledge and intelligence to use it. But that is not the fault of the source.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thx for the thread.

I think the powers that be wouldn't tell us the truth for reasons they would say were for the good of all..(
(All except for the ones in the know)
But on a more serious note, I think mankind (Govts.Greed Corruption) is our greatest natural Disaster and Enemy !! Strange how so many of the people on the planet worry about everything except the way they treat their fellow man and woman..

Thx ..

new topics

top topics

join