It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing the USA, UK and 17 Western countries' efficiency and effectiveness in reducing mortality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Comparing the USA, UK and 17 Western countries' efficiency and effectiveness in reducing mortality

the incidentaleconomist.com

...a paper in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine to look at how mortality rates (ie people dying of disease) have changed in the UK, the US, and a number of other countries in the last few decades…

… Nineteen Western countries’ mortality rates compared between 1979–2005.

the US spends more than any other country. …(but) almost all of the countries reduced their mortality rates more than the US did.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
shortreports.rsmjournals.com

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is a NEW study, just published, and undertaken because so many Americans trashed Britain's NHS when the Dems were pushing healthcare reform.

The study proves that up 'til 2005, the USA spent HUGE sums of cash, wayyy more than other countries - and got wayy less back in return.

US Gets Less for Its Healthcare Buck Than Other Nations

In short, the American healthcare system is one of the least cost-effective, whereas the system in the United Kingdom is the second most cost-effective, doing more with less…

So the Brits are vindicated.

I personally choose NOT to defend any allopathic Western-based healthcare system.

However, I am extremely happy to take this opportunity to trash corporate systems that surprise, surprise, profit from real peoples' pain - as opposed to corporate persons - who don't actually feel pain.

Please note: Medscape is the source from my original thread; it's a highly respected medical journal, and it's well worth a few moments of your time to get a FREE membership to read their articles.

US Gets Less for Its Healthcare Buck Than Other Nations

the incidentaleconomist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/8/11 by soficrow because: format

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
¿What about increasing mortality in other countries? U.S.A probably got first place!

Sorry, couldn´t help it, but don´t tell me you didn´t think of it....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All those other countries have less people to die off now because they already died from disease.

America wins

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Diseases probably brought by the destruction of the economy and the lack of medicines, and/or the results of the war and the mess it causes.

Nobody wins....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

¿What about increasing mortality in other countries? U.S.A probably got first place!

Sorry, couldn´t help it, but don´t tell me you didn´t think of it....

I didn't! But -

Really though - the facts here kinda speak for themselves: the market forces of a largely private healthcare system are assumed to foster efficiency - but they don't.

The authors attempt to answer the question of why the United States performs so poorly on healthcare cost-effectiveness when the market forces of a largely private healthcare system are assumed to foster efficiency.

top topics

join