It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Intentions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think you make the fatal mistake of assuming they are very similar to us, which may not be so.

I often wonder what would happen if tomorrow we managed to stop the aging process or atleast slowed it down to a point where the average life span was thousands or millions of years. What effect would that have?

Would we continue at the same pace we are now, or would we slow down?
I think it would certainly slow us down, the vast majority of people are waste their lives anyways (Myself including) despite our short lives making our time so precious. How much more would it slow us down, if time was essentially meaningless? Exponentially I think.
After all, why do something today, when it can be done a thousand years from now.

It would also make travel different I think. What is a week, a year, a thousand of years when you live to be a million years old? A week would be like half an hour. A year would be like a day and a half. A thousand years would be like 2 years. (Just some rough math in my head, very possibly flawed.)

Such a long lifespan would certainly allow a species that is maybe 100 or 200 years more advanced as us to travel the stars, and act in a way similar to what people propose the aliens do.

Why would they use another species as slave labor rather than create robots? Maybe it was a case of using another species was easier, granted maybe not fast but we have established time has no meaning to them.

Granted of some recent information that I have found out, I am putting less stalk into our being created as the slave for another species.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreezingVoid

I don't think we would necessarily slow down because there are pros and cons to living long lives. As you mentioned we are already waisting much of our time even though our time is finite. However keep in mind it takes 20-30 years for an individual to be proficient at any given skill(in most cases). Essentially we spend half our lives growing and being trained, and the other half working and gaining experience until we retire. The constant turn over rate of training youth,retiring, dying is very ineffecient.

I think the vast majority of people would continue to waste their lives, but it is the few that don't waste the time that really matters. Imagine for a moment we could double or even tripple the lifespan of Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, or Ray Kurzwell to name a few brilliant people. It is the chance to accumulate knowledge and become a master of all trades. In this way we could spend the first 20-30 years of our life being trained, and the next 200 years advancing ourselves.

Speaking of Ray Kurzwell, he thinks we will be able to have our brains interface with technology sometime within the next 40 years so that we can essentially "Think Faster". Rather than living twice as long, imagine if we could make discoveries in half the time. It is also possible Aliens evolved in a similar fashion.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Naw. Aliens and our future selves live for as long as they want to in order to complete whatever task they have set for themselves and then they take themselves out.

We do not die of old age in the future. We die by our own hands.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5andman
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos made an interesting analogy (paraphrase):

As humans are to a pet cat/dog -- ET's are to humans (we being the pet animal)

As a theory, of course it is possible. If it were a possibility then Aliens sure suck at having pets and don't deserve any.

Perhaps the biggest mistake would be to make assumptions that if there were aliens that they would even be remotely like us in their looks or behaviour. If they needed us to survive, then they would not be alien. If they needed us as a resource, they would not be alien. In fact if they needed us for anything, I would be highly suspect of extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Do the math for a moment. There are 9 planets in our Solar System. This is one Solar System in the entire Milky Way Galaxy. How many other solar systems are there and how many other planets per solar system? how many other galaxies? It's sheer ignorance to think that we're alone. With the hieroglyphs in the pyramids that look like spacecraft and even one of our Apache helicopters and the monuments in the Cydonia section of Mars, not to mention a host of other signs like the Nazca Lines in Peru, there's more than enough evidence to prove that we're not alone.

As for the agenda, it depends on who you're dealing with. Just like among Mankind there are the good, the bad and the indifferent, what makes you think that it's not true with other species??

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can see only 2 intentions:

- Scientific purposes;

- Help/warn us

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Anunnaki are here and have been to aid and help mankind from the begining. Many other races as well.
There is one race that I know of for sure that is out to try to enslave mankind for their own dark,lazy light reasons.These have caused havok and the actual ruination of several planets,(not only in this solar system)-you know It as The Beast....
Anunnaki know It by another name. It mocks and mimicks other races in what you call time and space/dimensions. It usurps records,history and the course of true events to Its own means,as some corporations and individuals do now.....
We Never Left Mankind! For hey are our own literal DNA family!
"You will know them by the fruits they bare"-Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join