It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother Told me of his abduction but I laughed it off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Many years ago when I was still a child I sat in a room with my oldest brother (who left home years ago( and it was the first time I seen him in 3 years. Anyway I already knew he was a bit of a recreational drug user, I knew in the past he'd smoked lots of weed, done anphetamines, lots of ecstacsy and cocail and can only speculate as to what else. Anyway he is still a gentle character and in my lifetime I cannot remember him ever lying. When he moved away when he was 17 years old he moved to a rural area of england and became a chef in a remote hotel. They gave him a room and he stayed in there. He had some friends close by and used to spend alot of time with them, they had a dog and one night when my brother was leaving for home the dog ran into the fields barking and agitated so my brother chased after it. This is his account not mine and it is vaigue because I'm recalling it from many years ago. But he told me he chased it for a while then it stopped in a field barking at thin air. My brother said that a sphere appeared from nowhere and a door opened with a bright white light on it and the dog ran in barking.

My brother said he didn't know why but he felt urged to run in to bring the dog back. so he ran towards the door and then something tapped him on the back of his head and he went out cold.He said the next thing he woke up on a table having an orgasm and the aliens had an instrument attached to his privates. He said he was so scared and could barely look to see where he was in fear, he said the aliens seemed to be reading his mind because evry time he thought of hitting out and running they punished him. Anyway what was strange was that he said there was 3 or 4 of them and they were about 4 ft tall with skinny bodies and enlarged heads and greyish in color. Next thing they touch him on the back of the head again and he wakes up in his bed in the hotel. Obviously at this point he assumes it is a dream.

He then goes to see his friend the next day and his friend said that his dog never came back and it never did. It just disappeared, no trace of it ever. I must admit I thought my bro was on drugs and imagined it even though you could tell it was real to him as he said it. I questioned him about the drugs and he said he was clean for a few months at rhe time. I immidaiately assumed that would be it that caused the hollusinations, so I dismissed it at that pont and asked if he would see a doctor. At this time he was also compplaining about a rash on his inner thai and his doctors could not explain it. I put it down to anxiety and paranoia brought on by drugs.

Anyway many years have passed and he has since lived a nomadic life and has never seemed the same since. The thing is from reports I read and a bit more understanding I am beginning to feel I have made a grave mistake by disbelieving him. What are peoples thoughts on this, does it sound genuine. Do I owe an appology?

So he goes to see the shrink and the shrink turns him away and says your not crazy.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting story, dont know if to believe it or not. My conscious tells me not to but my head tells me that its real

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You were a kid, so I don't know that an apology is necessary, but you might want to acknowledge to him that as time has passed you have come to look at things a little differently.

His tale has a ring of truth to it considering some of the details. He also sounds like a nice--if somewhat tortured-- soul. I wish him the best.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Interesting story, dont know if to believe it or not. My conscious tells me not to but my head tells me that its real

Like I say he has never lied to me so it is either the truth or he believes it but it didn't happen. Thinking back it was very detailed and took about 2 hours to tell the full story. I believe there is life out there and I believe if life was intelligent enough to find us then they would probably observe us like we observe animals in the zoo. I am really split 50 - 50 on what to think.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You telling me this story makes it seem real. Im sure if I was there too I wouldnt have disbelieved him. Yeah I think you were wrong not to keep and open mind, but hey, I'm just a guy. If it did happen though, that is very scary. I do not want to have a forced orgasm by aliens.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes I think you should talk to him about it. He should be commended for confiding in you. Budd Hopkins has written extensively on the abduction phenom and many elements of your bro's story match similar narratives that he has documented. Dr.John Mack is another great researcher from Harvard who has written on the subject. Your brothers case should be written down with as much detail as possible. Maybe even hypnotic regression if he is looking for closure.

edit on 12-8-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies I guess I need to speak to him on this matter

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Thanks for the replies I guess I need to speak to him on this matter

When you do...ask him if he has had any other incidents with ufos or paranormal experiences.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
well, you asked so I'll give my opinion. the abduction story aside, he is your brother. you should believe him or at least believe in him. I know all about drugs but I think at the end of the day we all should stand beside our family and close friends; and that means in the good times & the bad and even the hard to understand times. so yeah, maybe you can say something like.. you know bro, I've been thinking, remember you told me about that alien encounter ............. (and you take it from there). if nothing else you will probably give him a boost and giving someone a boost is always a good thing IMO. next, as far as drugs, I have done a boatload in my day, I mean a boatload, and they can do a number on one's psyche. I often wonder to this day about residual effects. for what it's worth I've experienced some wild things but I do know I truly experienced them. that's where your bro is coming from. now finally; the missing dog, that fact in and of itself leads me to believe (personally) that your bro may indeed be speaking truth. talk to him ......... what have you got to lose? if nothing else you get to spend time conversing with your bro and again IMHO, that is time well spent. good luck ~

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I was 10 years old or so when he told me so obviously I was unsure. Looking back though I think I am inclined to believe him. I guess the true test would be if I asked him to tell the story again and if it was the same then it is probably ture.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yea I think you should believe him. If he has never lied to you and he is the kind of person you say he is trust worthy. If it changed him in a completely different way its even more easier to believe. Iv'e lost time two times already and I went to tell my family and my boyfriend, they thought I was crazy. I felt alone until I got my boyfriend looking into it also. Now he believes me and I don't feel so alone. Talk to him and let him know that you believe him or your willing to open up your mind in believeing him. Do some research, maybe even get someone to do a regression on him. That's my advice.

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Something has to be out there. People need to get rid of their egos and realize that we are NOT that special.

It seemed like they wanted his sperm. Must of been the greys from his description. Seems like that species of extraterrestrial really needs us in order for their self-preservation. Some of us tend to forget, while going about our "earthly" matters that there are billions and billions of star systems out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would say definitely talk to him again, tell him you're getting a new perspective on things.

I was a wild child, and had my fill of certain substances, and I don't think there's anything out there that can make someone hallucinate to that extent.
It could have been a dream, but it sounds too real somehow. It changed him.

Plus the dog never came back

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just looking at this from another angle

Does anyone else think that a forced orgasm is a really odd think for an adult to recount to a ten year old?

I think I would have censored that out as an adult to tell the story to a child.

Like the story but for me this points to a potential for your brother to be fantasising/hallucinating - he's used drugs....a ten year old gets the full forced orgasm story....

Why confide in a ten year old...

It's not that I don't believe you. I am just speaking from experience.

My mother used to treat me like her best friend and tell me all her adult problems from the time I was five - including her sex life, etc.

That for me points to a lack of boundaries and a few mental issues..

Your brother may be telling the truth, but that truth may not be reliable.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think there is a difference between believing that the story is true in it's appearences, and believing that he believes it.

I have had abduction experiences, and frankly I almost feel people are more sane if they react with scepticism. Anyone who would react with total and utter belief in the alien abduction explanation seem gullible and perhaps a bt naive to me. I do, however, appreciate when they believe in my honesty in describing my subjective experience..... that I am not lying about what I saw, felt, experienced.

But there are many other hypotheses that could explain what I experienced- like you pointed out, hallucination, or perhaps a sort of military experinmentation which is covered up by having false memory implantation. -That may sound just as far fetched, but if you look at the history of past experimentation on the public, like MKUltra, regular citizens were abducted and tested on and often chosen specifically amongst a part of the public who were known to use drugs, be nomadic, or have an unstable lifestyle, because there was less chance of them being taken seriously if they remembered anything, disappeared, or had resulting strange behavior. So I wouldn't completely throw that possibility out the window.

There could also be more spiritual types of explanation- there could be beings not of this dimension, but not particularly ET's, nor interacting with us in a physical way- it could have happened to his consciousness, not his body. -Which doesn't exactly make it less traumatic or serious!
There are many different angles I've been able to come up with that all jostle each other along with the obvious physical alien abduction explanation.
There is a phenomenon- he had an experience. Believe that.

new topics

top topics

join