It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIPS, I welcome you Big Brother!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I searched the older topic on ATS but I haven't been able to find anything about this, so I guess I'll post it.
Of course, if there is a topic on this, mods feel free to lock this thread.

Suggested in 2001 and implemented this year is a new ID card system in Bosnia. It is called CIPS = Citizen Identification Protection System.
The old ID cards have been replaced with very modern looking new ones.
To get this ID card you go to "data collection", digital picture of you is taken, both left and right hand fingerprints are taken, and a digital signature too. It is all stored in a computer which is connected to other comps all across europe (and world, I assume). This ID card is mandatory for all citizens in Bosnia. They are all fingerprinted, photographed and stored in computers.
When the deadline expires end of this year, without the card you are nobody in bosnia. You can't do anything without it, you can't apply for a job, buy a car, rent an apartment. You need the new digital card.

This system has been approved by a few other EU countries, though I don't know if they have implemented it yet or not.
I assume the system will soon be implemented in other countries around the world too, to "protect" the citizens, as the name says.

On a lighter note: I am from bosnia and I applied for this card recently when I was back home. While the machine was taking my fingerprints I think I felt a little pinch on my finger. I assume this card now also contains my DNA fingerprint too
Either that or I have a chip under my skin...

What do you think?
Is this a positive development? To have people taged like this makes it harder for criminals to forge papers, IDs, Passports and such. Might prove itself to be very useful in fight against terrorism.

On the other hand it dangerously looks like a creation of Big Brother society, mark of the beast, NWO etc, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot the link: www.ohr.int...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If it is the case that a DNA sample was taken, then they should have no right to do that to people who aren't criminals. I would fight it and call my senators and congressmen if it was up for debate in my state. This sort of thing should be optional and never mandatory in my opinion. No one should be forced to give up their DNA.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
digital picture of you is taken, both left and right hand fingerprints are taken, and a digital signature too. It is all stored in a computer which is connected to other comps all across europe (and world, I assume). This ID card is mandatory for all citizens [emphasis added] in Bosnia. They are all fingerprinted, photographed and stored in computers.
When the deadline expires end of this year, without the card you are nobody in bosnia. You can't do anything without it, you can't apply for a job, buy a car, rent an apartment. You need the new digital card.

So when the Year is up the old cards all expire and everyone must have this new biometric card? Dang. That sucks guy. In the US, its a crime to not present an officer with identification upon being asked, however I think thats only if you have Identification and it is not required to actually have it, [tho i suppose nearely everyone has a social security card, but I think they mean if you have it on you you must present it to identify yourself].

Are there any other restrictions on the public in bosnia? What I mean is, can you move freely throughout the country, or are people required to stay a certain distance from their home town/state/whatever?

Was there much debate over creating this card in the country?

[edited to add]

I was looking at the link and it doesn't say anything about the card being required to make purchasing transactions and the like. Is there someplace that explains what it is required for? Are there other forms of identification that supplement this?

[edit on 18-8-2004 by Nygdan]

new topics

join