It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: New Study Aliens May Be Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Aye carumba I can't believe people are still eating the MSM storylines being fed.

DOH - only some of apparently read and heard stories over the centuries of visitors from other planets on earth.

Do any search on ATS - haven't y'all seen the spaceships in all the old religious paintings through the years? Read any believable books on it lately?

Are you guys gonna spend like there's no tomorrow if the mainstream media says its so?

The aliens may take us over. Really. They can travel light years and maintain on earth's atmosphere.
If they really wanted to take over our planet, they woulda/shoulda/coulda by now.
Who says advanced civilizations believe in war or taking over other planets? Kind of arcane, non??

Think about it for just awhile.

Then see who's been lying to ya all these years.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

With the deepest respect, Explanation, I think you may have missed the point. I think HenryTwoTimes was alluding to the fact that, if "they" could conquer us, they wouldn't wait until we're on the verge of the beginnings of free energy, let alone Multi-yield, multi-Megatonne warheads. They would have done it when we were painting on cave walls, and scratching the fleas from our privates! If you have any evidence of this so-called "sharing of technology", I should very much like to see it. As, I am sure, others would. I don't wish to belittle you, honestly. I'm just like so many others on here. Deny ignorance, right? Hugs, respect and best wishes. C.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Interesting. I may watch the show. I agree that they may be hostile, but he also brings up good points as to why they may not be. Perhaps they ARE millions of years more advanced. That part where he said "well, they have had a million years more time..." to sort out their indifference, religious issues, social issues, etc, makes a lot of sense. Also, a civilization THAT much more advanced than us would have to have logic and reason. How can you develop technology allowing interstellar travel without being logical and reasonable? Without being educated? For your own species to have survived that long, you will have to learn to 'get along' with one another.

Another thing he says is that technology a million years more advanced than our own is something we probably could not even BEGIN to comprehend. Similar to how a dog cannot learn calculus, or trigonometry, or learn to paint. It is just not something the dogs brain can comprehend, no matter how hard it tries. Our brains are similar. Alien civilizations may employ technology that, even if they were to GIVE it to us and say "here you go", our brains may simply not be capable of grasping the concepts in order to analyze it. There may be concepts out there that, as it stands, our brains will NEVER be able to comprehend, because they have already reached their limits. Many people say the only way for us to surpass the constraints of our biological brains is for the singularity to occur, where man and machine will merge. Aliens civilizations may have started biological, had a singularity, realized after many many years that even their computer assisted brains and machine assisted bodies were reaching their limits, found another way to evolve further...perhaps into pure energy or pure thought. Who knows. Nobody can, yet.

As to whether or not aliens would wipe us out? Yes. They would. In the beginning of the video the OP posted, where Travolta from 'Battlefield: Earth" is saying it only took them 9 minutes to win the war against humanity, I find it hard to believe that it would even take them that long. For all we know aliens could employ technology which could instantly just totally and utterly obliterate anything biological on the planet. That would be in the case that they WANTED something from our planet. It's also possible they could just implode the planet into itself, into a tiny little infinitesimally small singularity of matter. Conquer of our species would be so fast that we would never even have a CHANCE for our scientists and astronomers to say "Hey...something is coming towards our planet from far away" like they did in "Independence Day". Also, in 'Independence Day' the aliens just sat above our major cities for a while..did nothing.. The aliens knew why they were here even before they arrived. Species that advanced would be so logical and rational that they wouldn't bide their time like that if they knew what their mission was. They would arrive (MUCH faster than they did in the movie) and they would destroy us (immediately. Not after a day of waiting, not in 2 hours. Right when they arrived.)

Cheers folks.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Dear Explanation

As someone has already said if an alien race is here and they want us dead we will not even know what hit us

Think of HG Wells but in reverse of his war of the worlds.

They will hit us with a virus and we will all be dead within a week.

Sorry guys it doesn’t make good Hollywood but it is more than likely what will happen if they are hostile.

Do I think all of this is propaganda? You bet your sweet bippy.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Explanation

As someone has already said if an alien race is here and they want us dead we will not even know what hit us

Think of HG Wells but in reverse of his war of the worlds.

They will hit us with a virus and we will all be dead within a week.

Sorry guys it doesn’t make good Hollywood but it is more than likely what will happen if they are hostile.

Do I think all of this is propaganda? You bet your sweet bippy.

Why do you think this is "propaganda"?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

I find it fascinating that OP recently registered and started a thread about the same propaganda he's peddling in this one.

OP post

Talk about an agenda...

Oh - so this is just a ploy to see if we believe or don't, and why. Ho hum.
My take on it now, thanks for the digging.
edit on 12-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot to include the quote

edit on 12-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I dont know whether to bag Kaku on this thread or the OP for discussing attacking invaders from space!

Why do we always lay our own beliefs over that of other species.

Kaku does it, as he famously says: For a race to reach earth they must be imesurable more intelligent than us. Why is that Kaku, becuase we cant do it in return? That arrogant comment sums up a very narrow mind from someone who claims to see the bigger picture.

We do it with animals too, we assume that because we compute fear in a certain way, that farm animals do too. Battery chicken farms are cruel, how would you like to live 100 people to a room? How the hell do we know what a chicken thinks or feels, yet we lay our own beleifs on them. Hare coursing, fox hunting these are similar, we assume cos we would be scared that is how a fox or a hare feels. Its all nonsense really and now we are doing the same with ET, assuming they operate on a level same as us.

We assume they will form societies, armys, weapons and tacktics, a reason to invade, scout us out and choose to invade. Of all the species on earth, humans are the only ones that do it, and yet we assume thats how ET lives.

What if they lived on a hotter planet than ours and didnt need fire and therefore had never seen it, they come to earth and see fire, perhaps touch it and they fear it. What if they have so much food they never need to hunt and therefore never developed weapons, what if they had no land and lived on water and there were just 2000 of them on a planet the size of our moon and they dont evolve from apes, they didnt have territorial behaviours or fight or flight adrenaline type responses, what if they dont die? Surely all of these things and the billions of other which may affect their development could lead them on a completely different path to us and yet here we are, assuming they know what our weapons do, they understand our mentality on defense and attack, they know what radar, stealth and atomics are.

What did Bowling for Columbine teach us? That the governments keep us in a state of almost constant panic so they can control us and make us reliant on them, well when all the evil on the earth has been pacified and people start to wake up, why not use space as a threat?

I think we will be suprised.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by venatorX

Dear venatorX

Have a look at what the subjects are on discovery, national geographic, etc are in the last few years.

Too me it would seam they are priming us for something and it ant gona be nice.

Either a false flag invasion as Vernher Von Braun is said to have said or indeed the real thing.

Hell just about everything is propaganda in one way or another.

Why? CONTROL.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
Kaku is a government agent, I would bet the ranch on it.

And you would be very correct:

"Michio Kaku SaysPeople Who Oppose NWO Are 'Terrorists'"

October 2010

It was that comment right there that made me write off Michio Kaku in an instant. Used to enjoy hearing his thoughts/facts on many things but his TRUE COLORS showed right there and since I haven't been interested in a single thing that he has to say. Yes he is a shill big time.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: (no reason given)

people who deny that a new order will come are mentioned in biblical prophecy. maybe he is just a man of faith.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

You make good points. However, I'm still pretty sure that for a species to attain interstellar travel, it would have to be intentional, and they would have to be pretty intelligent. Perhaps not IMMEASURABLY more intelligent than us, but more intelligent than us none the less.

Of course... if it was simply a species that was born and raised in space, not on a planet or in an atmosphere at all, then they would have a distinct advantage, even without having to be intelligent.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
I find it fascinating that OP recently registered and started a thread about the same propaganda he's peddling in this one.

OP post

Talk about an agenda...

whats fascinating about it?
I was reading the science section and came across this video.. I thought it was interesting and decided to share.

How does that mean I have a agenda?
let me guess you are a child.
/sigh.
That topic you linked too is different from this one.

I guess I'm a government agent.

Lol...

edit on 12-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I doubt they would drop Nuclear bombs or anything...how ancient tech is that, its dirty and leaves lingering radiation for 1000s of years.

They already know our DNA, they would simply create a virus that "Changes" humans to their needs. They wouldnt want to Kill 6 billion people...imagine the stench and disease, the cleanup and well you know...

If they wanted the Earth for resources or colonizing, they would alter (make dumber, more drone like) the human psyche or Will, to their advantage.....Humans would be the slave labour source, and then they could eat us.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
isn't dumber already annoying enough?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There r some that prob want 2 kill us or open us up.
Prob some want 2 greet us.

I think nasa knows all about diff alien species & is helping somehow in shooting at there ships whenever they can.

What would be the point in telling us the public that?

We will never know unless they crash at a live sporting event or r shot down over a live sporting event or something like that. They would still try n cover that up / take it away and tell us weather balloons or something like that!

I saw 1 of those ufo documentaries awhile back / it had this footage from nasa of ufo getting closer and closer 2 1 of nasa's ships / then the nasa ship blinked its lighting and the ufo just moves away / while moving away a missle or something comes right from earth straight at it / the ufo just dodges it so stealth like. Nasa said it was just space debris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 13-8-2011 by catman333 because: added something

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
But if they attack because they need something from here, doesn't that imply that their technological capabilities are at least somewhat within the range of our own?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Kaku is a government agent, I would bet the ranch on it.

I'm not quite convinced of that. I would say that Kaku has a lot of stake in it. He's a very successful man who co-founded 'String Field Theory,' and has a big stake in making a crapload of money, leaving a legacy, and moreover-- helping to get our culture more interested in science.

What I found unappealing was Kaku's logic on hostile aliens was his lack of perspective. He could have easily turned the tables and effectively pointed the finger back at our own culture like:

"We might not have any definite (physical) scientific proof of aliens, however we do have plenty of proof that humans are immature, war like, and haven't sorted out our differences yet. This observation in itself certainly points towards the idea that they are the ones monitoring us because of THE WAY WE ARE...."

(not us monitoring them)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The thing is; Miku is basing this propaganda BS on HUMAN behaviour..when speking of extra terrestiallife forms! Because the Europeans took Afrika and America ET would do the same to us?!

Then also as allready said, if Et were hostile they would have eaten us up long ago. and, if they would have the techknows to travel throu space in short time why would they need earth..they would also have weapons to annihilate all life here nd not even have to travel..it makes no sence at all.
Also, if aggresive life forms exists there would also exist "good" forces that would stop them..and so on.

I call all Miku and Hollywood invasion movies and theories big Bs.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Any life formout there in space that is well advanced, say a few tens of thousends of yers before us, having the techknow to travel nd monitor other lifes and planets would have never let us evolve from the monkey era.

If anything they would have helped us evolve for some reason, i think they did and still do.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Why wouldnt they. Im sure they would be happy to let another life form evolve to the point to where it gains intelligence.So what your saying doesnt make sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

If their intention is to colonise and conquer they would not. If they wanted to invade us thy would ant something we have, some resourse of some kind..that woul be "for free" to come and get it if the planet hade only animal life and no "intelligente" murdering human life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join