It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

greetings...Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hello, never really did this on my last account, and life was more....fluid then. So this time lets try for longevity, and to that end I shall introduce me! I chose the name I did because the lantern of Diogenes shined during the day, I find that imagery wonderful in it's concept, that being a lie can be told during the day as easily as night, a light to seek them out
I admire Diogenes because he actively poked the social norm with a stick, he commanded his own reality and let no one tell him any different, invited an emperor into his barrel and found a student in the same man.

I read between 4 and 5 books a week, I enjoy Scifi, History, Martial arts, puzzles, problems, I find the act of searching for new information relaxing, I try to keep my ducks in a row, however i am only human, so if I make a mistake please point it out. If what follows is a discussion of your opinion and mine, I will always admit when i am wrong, apologize if I offend, and help dig up knowledge or bring new facts to the table where I can.

I have a deep love for philosophy, it allows us to throw darts at the universe, Paranormal activity interests me, my first spirit encounter was when I was a 6, a shadow person was projecting itself in my room, my mother was a nurse my father a police officer, my grandfather a minister and mortician, even at this early age I went through a mental checklist to make sure I wasn't dreaming or having an "episode"
Ever since then I have sought out the paranormal and continue to do so to this day. Technology, medicine, space, politics, financial futures, all interest me because they affect us all both with benefits and troubles.
I have a deep respect love and relationship with nature, I would never be called religious, however "You have been given a garden treat it well and be fruitful" seems pretty straight forward, Animals are our cousins, argue it all you want but DNA tells everything on this planet shares common DNA codices, I "listen" to my pets I have 4 cats and a Tibetan Mastiff named "Mouse", they are all very much their own "people" each with different personalities and skills, I grow many different kinds of planets from Orchids to Giant Pumpkins. I live in Northern Ca and enjoy the smell of redwoods and rain. Pleased to meet you. And may we find the truths with everyone else.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: minor tuning

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Hi LanternOfDiogenes, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great intro. I could relate to a lot of it. Welcome again and I look forward to your input.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thank you for the greet, having people to bounce ideas and failures off of are always a benefit in any creative process!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
ohhh your so cool can i be your friend? lol ... welcome green lantern

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

And this is a frend, here and real life, dont follow this numbskulls example, he isnt cute

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
numbskull..lol Lantern is a good and loyal friend, he is intelligent and a great debater. he introduced me to ATS and i am thankful...i think... he is a great addition to the flock, he is not a sheep.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
why oh why does the Fondant come out, no frosting sir, I am a piece of 80 grit sandpaper....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
lol yup you are gritty but without sandpaper there can be no exposure of the true grain of the matter. not getting emotimole just saying. a little abrasive never hurt anyone.

top topics

join