It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the British and american Friendship Ending

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The rest hit places in the middle of nowhere, killing no body

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 12-8-2011 by neo96 because: nevermind thread isnt worth getting involved in

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

Seems I remember us beating a little country called Briton.

Sent them home with a swift kick in the A**

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Obviously we wasn't bothered about america or would would have returned, with huge forces from Canada and Australia, Britian has proven it can fight modern warfare, like Argentina 1982, they took the Falklands and we sailed all the way from Britain 8000 miles, and took them back, alone, they had close air ports and ships, and we only had a small fleet and still won,
edit on 12-8-2011 by MX48K because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

The fact is america never fights wars, that are even remotely equal, You always have to have the advantage, Cowards if you ask me

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

Really? I mean Really? Your seriously saying your a stong fighting force because you beat up Argentina..Really?

Be a good lad and go watch some Harry Potter and when there's some real fighting that needs to be done you know who to call. The same people you always do.

Thanks for the lively debate though

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The fact we took on a full country with a small division yes, we was heavily out numbered and they still surrendered

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

And at least we took someone on who at least has a airforce and navy,Unlike The Americans Anyone equpt with more than a camel or spear, they stay well away from

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

guess you seem to have forgotten about the zulus or indians

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by MX48K

Seems I remember us beating a little country called Briton.

Sent them home with a swift kick in the A**

Seems I remember history books telling us we looted your country when we retreated, including burning your white house to the ground. Y'know, the ONLY country on the planet to have ever attacked it (after we were 'defeated').

But that's irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...]

The Burning of Washington was an incident of the War of 1812 between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and the United States of America. On August 24, 1814, a British force occupied Washington, D.C. and set fire to many public buildings following the American defeat at the Battle of Bladensburg. The facilities of the U.S. government, including the White House and U.S. Capitol, were largely destroyed[3] , though strict discipline and the British commander's orders to burn only public buildings are credited with preserving the city's private buildings. This has been the only time since the Revolutionary War that a foreign power has captured and occupied the United States capital.[4]

Yep, the ONLY nation to burn down your capital. After being defeated.

Let us not forget our tiny Island has held off MORE invaders than you guys have ever fought in a foreign war. And don't give me the BS about 'saving our asses in WW2' because you guys nearly joined the Nazi's.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

LOL yes we burned down the white house on of the Greatest achievements in History, And we could have easy re taken america back just look what we did to India when they tried to rebel,

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

so what england has never been touched? seems to romans handed the uk their butts back in the day

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

so what england has never been touched? seems to romans handed the uk their butts back in the day

And we adapted to grow stronger, tougher. Notice how post-roman history was mainly a CATHOLIC belief.... and oh look... We didn't have a primarily catholic monarch.

Yeah that really showed us.

And di I say we'd never been touched?
edit on 12-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

dude whatever from the people who say "the sun never sets on the british empire" and if it wasnt for fdr and the lend lease act and this country you would have lost.

there were alot of people who wanted to sit ww2 out and if they had i hardly doubt britian would have survived.

but hten agian what was that first comment about the french and i remember the hundred years war and then the comment about vietnam when we wont the battles and when it comes to poiltics facts dont matter.

ok and the viet cong was the creation of the french.

thats not to you directly but i wanted to comment.

as far as i see the once great british have long since gone and been replaced with idiots "who go out and loot their own because hey the rich arent paying their fair share and they want to get their tax money back"

meh
edit on 12-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And my comments weren't aimed at you either sir. Just had enough of Americans insulting the English and the British.

We have stood by the Americans just as long as you guys have stood by us, but we are the ones who get insulted the most.

Just laying a few facts down on the table. Don't take offence. Don't blame me for standing my corner here.
edit on 12-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
[

as far as i see the once great british have long since gone and been replaced with idiots "who go out and loot their own because hey the rich arent paying their fair share and they want to get their tax money back"

A tiny minority of buffoons. Hated by 90% of the country, what does that tell you?

People exist outside the media.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You did not win Vietnam, you pulled out because, the Vietnamese was raping your troops, and your big ass daisy cutters was proving ineffective, you threw all your country had at Vietnam except nukes, including orange gas anthrax and many more, Dont try telling me you won lol

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i dont take kindly to being judged by a people with a history bloodier than my own.

we all know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join