It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the British and american Friendship Ending

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah just as I though, one cannot write a thread containing even remote criticism of the U.S. government without being overrun by over-zealous patriots.

Be objective.

Okay, so the reason the U.S.A. is the target of much attention is because it is a superpower. Its government is a major influence in the development of world politics, therefore what its governments decide will have strong repercussions upon the rest of the world.

I think the eventual deterioration of relations between the U.S. and Europe will deteriorate somewhat, but I don't think we'll have another repeat situation of the Cold War or anything like that. I am in the envisage of a break down of globalised society and a return to a more nationalised world.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You also mentioned that the UK was scrapping the trident missile system, you are technically correct but it is spending $30 billion on trident 2. Also giving Russia British secrets of our nuclear weapons that were 50 years old is hardly worth crying about is it really. It is not like Russia don't already know. Just scoring political points.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Oh OK sorry lol

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
i've always thought that america was just a proxy state of the UK

naturally lots of americans won't want to hear that, but im convinced most elected officials with a penis and a low enough income are very easily influenced...

Boom thats is a trolling sentence

link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect
[moreI served in the USMC and I was born here and will die here!!

link   
Trolling?
No, the friendship will always be there.
No SnF
Nothing here.
Move along.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
Yeah just as I though, one cannot write a thread containing even remote criticism of the U.S. government without being overrun by over-zealous patriots.

Be objective.

Okay, so the reason the U.S.A. is the target of much attention is because it is a superpower. Its government is a major influence in the development of world politics, therefore what its governments decide will have strong repercussions upon the rest of the world.

I think the eventual deterioration of relations between the U.S. and Europe will deteriorate somewhat, but I don't think we'll have another repeat situation of the Cold War or anything like that. I am in the envisage of a break down of globalised society and a return to a more nationalised world.

I actually think that Western Europe is in better shape than America at the minute. If you seperated the EU into UK,France,Germany,Norway,Sweden, Denmark and Holland then you would have a very buyant economy with lots of experience.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yeah i'd agree with that, especially germany, they are a powerhouse at the moment in terms of financial stability (or at least they would be if it wasnt for those damn greeks portugese and italians messing it up for them lol)

Uk is financially uncertain but has stronger ties to areas in the world that could help if needed, and yes even france are realativley stable at the moment, although they periodically do themselves no favours passing relativley extreme laws so its never a dull day in france.

so we are clear to the OP i dont think the ties will be broken any time soon, to much water under the bridge for that to happen, but i dont think Obama is doing much to prevent getting ANYONES back up at the moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Obama was the worst candidate America could have elected, the only reason he got to be president is because of his skin color,

He certainly isn't doing america any favors, It was funny when he brought the prime minister a box of classic dvds as a Gift though that made me lol,

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This thread just seems like one that is going to get people riled up for no reason. What does it matter WHAT OUR POLITICIANS THINK ABOUT EACH OTHER?

It comes down to YOU and ME! Just because American politicians don't like British politicians, does it mean that we, the citizens THE PEOPLE should get upset at each other too?

We don't have any say in almost all of the decisions these people make, so why get riled up? The government could crumble in these two countries, but your friend in the US is STILL your friend and vice versa. Forget what the politicians have to say!

To the OP

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
reply to post by michael1983l

Yeah i'd agree with that, especially germany, they are a powerhouse at the moment in terms of financial stability (or at least they would be if it wasnt for those damn greeks portugese and italians messing it up for them lol)

Uk is financially uncertain but has stronger ties to areas in the world that could help if needed, and yes even france are realativley stable at the moment, although they periodically do themselves no favours passing relativley extreme laws so its never a dull day in france.

so we are clear to the OP i dont think the ties will be broken any time soon, to much water under the bridge for that to happen, but i dont think Obama is doing much to prevent getting ANYONES back up at the moment.

Obama might not like the UK but he looked very intimidated on his visit to the queen (twice) and Also when the Queen last visited the US GWB looked like a child who was in trouble following his mother.

The USA is great, the people are generally great but it takes alot to make a nation and history and 600 years certainly isn't enough. USA is as part of british history as the brits are after all America was originally colonised by Brits who eventually rebelled

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Obama hates us because of his dad, and as he is a one term president I dont think we give a crap as our American freinds will be handing him his arse on a plate next year.

Regardless who sits in the whitehouse or number 10, brits and yanks will always be family. We dont always get on for sure, but we will always have each others backs. Period!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

ok lol. the second half might be, but the first bit, i still genuinely believe....

we do seem to copy everything each other does and fight on the same wars, eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Keep whining !!! Reminds me of a person who accuses their spouse of cheating because they can't stand to look at their own problems. Why don't you start a thread on how your heroine addicts are supplied by the Govt.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Maybe ill start a thread on, How Americans can Be so arrogant, Just like you

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As has already been stated, it really doesn't matter what the politicians have to say, it's what the people of the countries have to say. Americans like the English, the Scots, the Irish and in fact most western Europeans, especially the U.K. Throw in some Australians and Kiwi's into the mix and it's a party!
If the idiots in charge even thought to try to demonize our friends across the Pond, that would probably be the one thing that pushed us, Americans, over the edge and into open revolt against them. Your accents alone are usually enough to get some of our fair maidens to hike their dresses up, and I've seen fights break out over somebody making fun of an accent of somebody's guest/friend from over there.
Nope, I'd say we're good. It's the "Average Joe" that counts, not the dingle-berries who sit in the houses of power.. on both sides.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Keep whining !!! Reminds me of a person who accuses their spouse of cheating because they can't stand to look at their own problems. Why don't you start a thread on how your heroine addicts are supplied by the Govt.

the thread would surley include america too then??

since you know.. its not sneaking by the US troops in afganistan... so osmeone is letting it leave the country

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Okay quit bickering and discuss out relationship.

No need to be arses.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Do British women shave their armpits?

If not then we shouldn't be friends because that is gross.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yes, Just not as much as American women because they don't Grow as much, And they trim the bush, well at least most of them,

edit on 12-8-2011 by MX48K because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join