It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the British and american Friendship Ending

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Since The Days of George bush and tony Blair, passed the friendship seems to be declining although it is kept out of the media spot lights,

Not so long ago a wikileaks document was released, on how Obama had given the Russians, British nuclear secrets, without permission, this included the amount of missiles we have there capabilities, and the serial number for each one,

Since this happened Britain has decided to start scrapping the U.S trident missile defense system , we are now creating better relations with France, we are now making a joint Navy, and Sharing nuclear research, and in the process of developing are own ICBMS,

this is just one of the Disrespectful things America has done to its so called closest Allie, also not so long ago America sold us some helicopter gun ships and then refused to give us the software keys, For them to be able to fly,

and recently Obama removed the Churchill bust from the oval office, i could go on with an endless list,

One of the most insanest i heard, was a American General tried ordering British troops to fire upon Russian soldiers in the cold war which would of probably triggered ww3,

I am actually happy Britain has found a Allie who isn't at the other side of the globe, Britain and France are very close,

I wouldn't trust Obama as far as i could throw him, America will go under if he Wins the next election, I like america i think it is a great country, But i do realize The *Special Relationship* Never existed, I bet the british and american Government Hate each other behind closed doors
edit on 12-8-2011 by MX48K because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Thank you for your kind Response,

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

The British elite are the ones that own America, there doesn't have to be a friendship, we are the elites slaves.

No matter what 'act' we see portrayed in the media the ties between America and the British cannot be broken. They would never let it happen...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Obama has shattered the relationship, ever since he has been in he has tried to undermine the relationship and he once describe France as the US's greatest allies. The UK is much the same than the US as we both think we are a force to be reckoned with. However I think Obama has certainly weakened the relationship. Yet this comes at a bad time because when China want to start challenging, the US is going to want to form an alliance with the UK and europe and the UK has much more political pulling power in europe than the US. The truth is the US is not popular accross europe so they certainly need the UK as much as the UK requirce america to keep their markets stable.

It would be a tradegdy to spilt the nations up because we are cut from the same cloth, litterally and have very similar beliefs.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

Thank you for another attack on America !! You know what? There isn't a single thread launched against The UK by an American , today or since I can remember. You don't invite out President to the wedding and then you complain about a bust of Churchill. What is that all about?
No you are a fair weather friend like most of the countries to the US. Go ahead and depend on France.. Yes France another country that would have been destroyed if we hadn't saved their butts and they turncoat on us.. It makes me sick. Can't you find someone else to ridicule and BTW Is it Americas' fault for the riots in your country? You need to find another victim and chill out!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by MX48K

Sounds like another American Smear Thread .. AS USUAL !!! Yeah as a brit I love Americans but let me talk a bunch of trash about them right? Your a moron and have a short memory or your just plain stupid. Clean up your own detestable history first and then we can work on Americas'

If your a Brit you don't represent me, my family or my country.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by MX48K

Thank you for another attack on America !! You know what? There isn't a single thread launched against The UK by an American , today or since I can remember. You don't invite out President to the wedding and then you complain about a bust of Churchill. What is that all about?
No you are a fair weather friend like most of the countries to the US. Go ahead and depend on France.. Yes France another country that would have been destroyed if we hadn't saved their butts and they turncoat on us.. It makes me sick. Can't you find someone else to ridicule and BTW Is it Americas' fault for the riots in your country? You need to find another victim and chill out!!!!

First of all do not take the idiots word as the word of all Brits. Second of all America should realise the the World Wars were a team effort and without the contribution of all of the allies the war would have been lost

link   
Since when did America have friendships with anyone?

Politics and friendships just don't go.

Edit to add, we do actually have friendships. Except, the rest of the world calls them aircraft carriers.
edit on 12-8-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

link   
Yes as ever.....

Lets talk about history..

"Us Yanks saved you ass in world war two" U.S.A U.S.A

(thats not what happened as i keep having to explain)

lets indeed talk about history since you want.. what jaded version of our recent history do you want to argue about???

i like worl war 2 based history... so much so i dont base my knowledge on history books from school or the discovery channel... can you say the same??

i love america... i love visiting i love the people... can folks on here please firstly stop bring up the dammed second world war with the we saved you ass bit... there is sooo much more too it than that!!

how come Americans can slate there country but when some one else does its an attack on there home??
either except your country is falling apart and has issues face facts that people are going to talk about your countries mistakes too.... or leave ATS where approx 80% of the posts for the last three months have been about, obama, fema, haarp and all the other issues americans have about america.

people regularly tell people on here to get a gun and canned food and bug out in the wilderness... of course these attitudes are going to trend on here!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Because we have earned the right to criticize our own country. WE LIVE HERE !! GREW UP HERE !
DID YOU?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Who are you calling a idiot?, it was the truth,

link   

reply to post by MX48K

This guy seems like he's....how do I put it?...."Trolling"!?!?

I smell a disinfo agent rat....or just a very stupid person who happens to come from America lol

link   
Who cares?

If the people like and have affection for one another, who cares about politicians?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So many people with so little clue.

shame on you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Because we have earned the right to criticize our own country. WE LIVE HERE !! GREW UP HERE !
DID YOU?

"Our own country"?

If you you're white, black, asian etc it's not really "Your" country

You can call yourself an "American" citizen but you're not literally an American by race,
yanks(Colonials) have no history, no culture, you are not a race, you never will be

Colonials.....Huh...
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MX48K
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

And i am not >trolling< you baboon

lol I was refering to the other geezer

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i've always thought that america was just a proxy state of the UK

naturally lots of americans won't want to hear that, but im convinced most elected officials with a penis and a low enough income are very easily influenced...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

DID YOU?

Yes but you cannot say "i can talk about certain topics on here that you cannot"

thats not how a member content generated forum works???

and as i have stated my only issue is the defence about the second world war thing that comes up about once every ten threads..

other than that america to me is a pleasant place... i know im not a huge fan of the whole china war ships questions but thats because i really feel with all the issues going on in the states (that the lovely members of ATS have kept me informed of) there should be alot more focus on internal than external affairs...

but my point still stands, if there is a continual bitch fest about the states in open forum these topics will trend and in a forum where the content is generated by the users you cannot prevent this... its just how the internet works...

post a well re-searched issue about europe if it makes you feel a little better...
the reason i think there are very littleposts about the uk and europe by american members is the lack of interest in foriegn politics because your country has alot of issues to address internally, where as (which is always pointed out by american patriots) the way america deals with its business effects alot of the world due to at the present moment being the only super power in the world (for the time being)

im pretty certain if america was doing great but the uk was in alot of wars an finanacial unceartainty (due to independant means and not on this global scale that we are experiencing at the moment) the general trending topics on ATS would reflect that..

does that clear it up a little?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join