It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news isn't completely wrong for being mad @ Ron Paul Polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
First off, let me explain myself before people come in screaming "its not fair that Ron Paul's polls get taken down every second."

Up until recently, a majority of the voting population was elderly people. When i mean majority, i mean like almost everyone. It was basically old white people republicans VS whoever was pissed off at the last republican (aka democrat). That was just the normal way our politics works. Even a lot of my professors in college would always mention how stupid it was that "liberal activists" and "old people" basically controlled our political system.

Now we have a giant grass roots movement, mostly of younger people, voting for Ron Paul. I myself do not pick sides, but i agree with him on many issues, and looking at the current landscape i myself would probably vote for him. However, these fox news polls are very in-accurate. Even though I think Hannity, and especially Frank Fraud Lunts, are total liars and full of themselves, i believe an online poll only gathers information from a certain audience. The audience watching with internet access AND the means to actually go in and vote for him on an internet poll are the ones with the louder voice here. A lot of the older people who wouldn't vote for Ron Paul either don't know how to use these online polls or just don't care enough to vote online. They probably wont even vote in the straw poll. There's a good chance they will only come out when people start actually voting.

So in essence, these numbers are meaningless. But it is wrong for Fox News not to interview and deny speaking time from Ron Paul. Although i feel that he was treated more fairly in this last debate than any other debate, so for once i am not "completely"' pissed off at Faux News.

But we have plenty of other things to be pissed off about:

Frank Lunts: Uses the same people in all of his "what did you think" segments. As if they are real people... he just pays a bunch of people to say what he wants them to and bag on Ron Paul or whoever. Hes Hannities b****.

They will air a video of Ron Paul saying something really powerful and emotional, only to then talk about someone completely different, as if they had said it or to just change the subject.

One of Fox News respondents got fired for telling the truth about Ron Paul(how he was doing well and had huge turnouts).

Media too scared to interview him. He makes good points, and pundits are either scared of their higher ups or scared of having their own views completely murdered on the spot.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Telling lies, covering up the truth = Every right to be pissed off.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Do you have evidence of the demographics you say vote online??

I'm certainly not some young kid and I've been online for over 20 years..

ALL of my older friends are also online..
I actually wonder if the younger users even care or could drag themselves away from Facebook to vote..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I see Ron Paul being interviewed all the time on Fox. In fact the majority of videos you see of him are coming from his time on Fox.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I have to agree with you on the polling issue, but for different reasons.

While it speaks well to the cohesiveness and networking ability of the Ron Paul supporters (go team!), the linking to polls and encouragement some of us give to swarm polls does not accurately represent the views of normal visitors to such sites and skews the numbers inaccurately (in my opinion). Granted, a good chunk of these sites are populated generally by neoconservative republicans, but whatever...

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. We're intent on getting Paul some focus so more people become aware of him and are willing to consider that yes, in fact, he is a viable candidate.

But it irks me to no end, even when no actual shenanigans are occuring and it's just a valid one-vote-per-voter situation, and I think may actually backfire in the end by giving (misunderstood) credence to the claims of Ron Paul supporters being cheaters or stacking decks, or whatnot.
edit on 8/12/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've been online since 1988 - before there really WAS a WWW. My husband and I are in our mid-40's. We know other RP supporters in their mid-40's. We all vote REGULARLY.
When we were part of the RP meetup back a few years ago, the participants were from 18-60. It was about 1/2 under 30 but the other half of us were OVER 30.

SO. I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Do you guys hate me because I'm young and voted for Ron Paul because he passionately spoke last night while the others just bickered?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Look at this poll:

www.topix.com...

I think most voters on that site are legitimate, real people.

Not some group of "hackers" or Ron Paul groups trying to skew the poll.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

OP, the problem here is that they have no right to be pissed off.

Would you like to know why?

They cherry pick their polls and voting all the time and no one ever complains about it, it's about time the tides turn.

I enjoy your either deliberate or indeliberate disinformation, but it is not wanted here.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes, they are wrong, and it is we who should be upset, not Fox. These polls were won fair and square, so there is no argument you can use to dismiss it. I guarantee had this been Romney or one of the other establishment "front-runners", there'd be no issues, and that's saddening.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

A lot of the older people who wouldn't vote for Ron Paul either don't know how to use these online polls

That is a very arrogant assumption. For example, my mother is 91 and uses a computer. I am 63 - look at my handle.

Do not assume that wet behind the ears youngsters know it all. There are more 'old' people on line than you probably know.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Freaking sweet.

Can we just have the primaries and the election this fall?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's not all young people. I came of age during the Reagan era. I refused to register either Republican or Democrat because all the candidates for years had pretty much been crooks. So, I registered as a GDI. Now I am a 50-year-old switch voter looking for something better. I think you'll find a lot of Independents, socially progressive but fiscally conservative Republicans, and less liberal but emotionally stable Democrats are looking at Paul. And we aren't 20 years old, either.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My grandfather is 84 years old and was on the internet before most people knew it existed. I think he knows a thing or to about computers even at his age. Many supporters I know, and most of the people standing outside wal-mart trying to educate people on Ron Paul are in their 50's. I am in my 30's. Not old but not as young as as most people think Ron Paul supporters are. Ron Paul has supporters of all ages. It's just that he has attracted the younger crowed that would have otherwise not cared. Even my preteen son loves hims, who is old enough and mature enough to understand much of what is going on. Kids love him because they know we are leaving a mess for them to clean up, and Ron Paul is the only providing solutions.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thats just one side of the coin though. I can guarantee that if Michelle Bachman or Mitt Romney were at the top of that online poll -even if it had been skewered by a surge of younger voters- they would have kept it up and reported on it. They only take down a skewered poll if it is skewered in the wrong direction, AKA Paul's direction.

edit: foreverdusk I almost copied your post without reading it lmfao
edit on 12-8-2011 by theshepherd92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The poll in question is absolutely meaningless. That anyone would take it seriously just shows they are insane. All that happens on these many, many popular polls is that the Ron Bots mobilize to go spam the polls in an attempt to create a FALSE sense that Ron Paul is winning. Fox and every other pollster out there knows this. That these same supporters will actually stoop to this technique has me question the sanity of the Paul supporters as well.

I like Ron Paul. I agree with most all of his policies. The problem is that his supporters are often a bunch of loons. Paul absolutely must control his own campaign here. Last election was a disaster and if his supporters pull the same juvenile shenanigans this time that they did last time this election will also be a disaster.

Ron Paul's campaign needs adult supervision.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm not a "young voter" If there is a distinguishing demographic it's that Ron Paul supporters are probably brighter than the average voter. Ron Paul deals in ideas, principles and common sense, not in flashy sound bites and dumb downed rhetoric.

Brighter folks are probably more internet savvy and thus more likely to vote online. Also, I think that because his integrity (awash in a sea of corruption) is recognized and greatly appreciated, Ron Paul supporters are more likely to take the time and vote.

I worry that many Americans lack the attention span and dedication to ideals to realize what a treasure Ron Paul is.

ps He just won Iowa's first ever internet Straw Poll with 44%.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Look at this poll:

www.topix.com...

I think most voters on that site are legitimate, real people.

Not some group of "hackers" or Ron Paul groups trying to skew the poll.

Wow this is awesome! gives me a little hope in mankind.

top topics

join