It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The english riots, but where are the scottish, welsh and irish riots?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
this has been puzzling me since the whole thing started, whats odd is the average wage here and in scotland and ireland is much less than in England. Can anyone share some light on this.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

What we need is a NED revolution!

I know we had some wee gadgie in sumdee who tried to get a bunch of his buddies together to riot. To be fair a riot in Dundee we probably be much like a normal Friday night out at fatsams.

Other than that, av not heard much about anything in Scotland.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They're always rioting in Northern Ireland. There were riots over several days earlier in the summer.

As for Scotland and Wales, it could well be because they have strong national identities. Someone in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Cardiff probably feels more detached from rioting in London than people from other parts of England do.

The same way as people aren't rioting in France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, etc. following the trouble in England.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So basically, you are saying that the average wage is THE ONLY thing that has an effect on causing the riots. Housing conditions, schooling, peer pressure, gang culture, forget it, ONLY the average pay counts.
PLEASE, engage your brain before you type.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nah probably going to be slated here.... im not saying it is right or anything similar but we have a much lower population of minorities all Ghetto'd together living close to the poverty line, which gives less reason for the minorities that do live in the three mentioned celtic states to feel as segrogated from the rest of the community as they do in area's like birmingham and areas in london that are pretty much all black or asian communities and feel like individual states from the standard british "white" norm

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperFish
So basically, you are saying that the average wage is THE ONLY thing that has an effect on causing the riots. Housing conditions, schooling, peer pressure, gang culture, forget it, ONLY the average pay counts.
PLEASE, engage your brain before you type.

So you think people steal tellys from comet because they just want to add to their delightful collection of electrical goods which they like to compare with theyre upper class friends during cucumber sandwichs and earl grey on a sunday afternoon.
I was using wage as an example, some of the poorest council estates,worst school league tables are here and in scotland, sorry i didnt think i needed to explain these obvious factors.
Oh and learn some manners. Sorry, ENGAGE your manners. PLEASE
edit on 12-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Excuse me?

Really?

The only time there are riots here in Northern Ireland is over the Twelfth!! Granted it's only for a few days. Other than that it is quiet. And even during those riots there IS a reason behind it.

I'm getting kinda sick and tired of people from the other side of the Irish Sea who think that is all the Irish do. Why don't you come over here for a week and find out instead of assuming what we do!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

It bothers me the image people have of both Scotland and Ireland... i know its not a quite the same but being from the west of scotland i grew up with alot of catholic protestant biggotry...

alot of people shrug it off as if its just a silly thing that happens but from experience having grown up on a particular side of that fence i have seen some horrible things!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Nah probably going to be slated here.... im not saying it is right or anything similar but we have a much lower population of minorities all Ghetto'd together living close to the poverty line, which gives less reason for the minorities that do live in the three mentioned celtic states to feel as segrogated from the rest of the community as they do in area's like birmingham and areas in london that are pretty much all black or asian communities and feel like individual states from the standard british "white" norm

Just my thoughts

im not gonna slate you, that was a logical assumption s+f

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You seem to be obsessed by wages. Low wages dont mean automatically that you are on a council estate, they dont mean that you need to go out rioting either. I suggest that you take your bigoted public school privileged background sentiments and keep them to yourself.

Why are you focusing so much on low wages? is it to make you feel better about your self? Just because you have a higher income does not make you a better person than anyone else on this board.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
They're always rioting in Northern Ireland. There were riots over several days earlier in the summer.

As for Scotland and Wales, it could well be because they have strong national identities. Someone in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Cardiff probably feels more detached from rioting in London than people from other parts of England do.

The same way as people aren't rioting in France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, etc. following the trouble in England.

[/quoteThe northern ireland thing was obvious sorry, in fact i cant remember a time when there waas trouble there, and im 43. WIll it ever end?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You seem to be obsessed by wages. Low wages dont mean automatically that you are on a council estate, they dont mean that you need to go out rioting either. I suggest that you take your bigoted public school privileged background sentiments and keep them to yourself.

Why are you focusing so much on low wages? is it to make you feel better about your self? Just because you have a higher income does not make you a better person than anyone else on this board.

Im sure she is focusing on low wages as it was highlighted as the main issue behind these riots.. even rioters questioned about the scenario said.. we are poor... we dont ave nothing (which was a fine use of english) so we looted.

the government have also suggested it has been people from the porrer area's that have been rioting... so wages surley are a factor??

and before you attack me in the same way... i from a scummy place, went to a scummy school, and hang around with scummy folk....no-one really had money

edit on 12-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Right, so because I disagree with someones point of view, all of a sudden I am attacking them am I?
I can see where this is going. Better tow the line, you obviously have your agenda here. OK folks, low wages equals rioting scum. All you people on low wages are automatically potential criminals. How long before preventative measures are introduced on all low income employees, after all it is only a matter of time before you go out kicking in shop windows, comitting arson and attacking pensioners.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Schools out for summer...... are you serious, how can you make assumptions, i went to a comp, I barely have a five figure wage coming into this house
oh grow up silly boy, obsessed by wages?, withought wages, no food, no gas no clothes, need me to carry on??.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Right, so because I disagree with someones point of view, all of a sudden I am attacking them am I?
I can see where this is going. Better tow the line, you obviously have your agenda here. OK folks, low wages equals rioting scum. All you people on low wages are automatically potential criminals. How long before preventative measures are introduced on all low income employees, after all it is only a matter of time before you go out kicking in shop windows, comitting arson and attacking pensioners.

Guy i really suggest you start watching the road your going down here.
ps do i look like i attack pensioners?
edit on 12-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah sure, I am making assumptions, really? am I?
Do you think you might have made some assumptions as well?
Message getting home yet?
And let me point out, there is a big difference between no wage coming in, and low wage coming in.
I like the way you leap from your original argument and change it suddenly to the extreme.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

LOL.

I shall rephrase that: every year, for a few days each summer, they are always rioting in Northern Ireland.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Seriously? Youre threatening me on an internet forum?
Try debating like a grown up instead of resorting to that low level, it makes you no different to the bullies that are blighting estates up and down the country, day in day out.
.....keyboard warriors.....

link   

They did have riots ,formerly known as the "Home Internationals" .

Remember Wembley.. After that Scottish thugs shamed themselves into dragging themselves up a notch to just
"peaceful Drunks"

link   

WOW Clearly someone has a proper issue with what they get paid...

Im guessing your not getting the idea here....

The original post asks why where there is on average a lower income in the Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland.. and thus a group (country wide) of people closer to the poverty line....was ther eno riots in these area's...

obviously being aware as i have previously mentioned that this has been put down in the media, the government and by the rioters themselves as an issue of poverty that has caused the looting...

now not suggesting that all people with low incomes are infact a scummy rioters.... you would have thought with logical application that if a nation wide riot mentality is spreading across the UK of which the rioters them selves have put down to the financial divide between themselves and the rest of the UK and the lowest income area's of the UK are in scotland ireland and wales you would expect to the see the rioting spread to these area's

you did then also attack the OP as you brought her childhood backround into it claiming she had a biased view when at a guess you dont know much about her and furthermore it has nothing to do with how you apply logic when looking at the facts that have been put out infront of you....

furthermore the guys i went to school with were poor... and also scummy i didnt say these to things were exclusive of one another!!!

just my thoughts

edit on 12-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join