It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinnipiac Poll: New York Turns Negative on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Source

New York State voters disapprove 49 - 45 percent of the job President Obama is doing, a huge drop from his 57 - 38 percent approval June 29 and the first time the president ever has had a negative score in New York, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Democrats approve 75 - 19 percent, down from 82 - 12 percent in June. Disapproval is 86 - 10 percent among Republicans, compared to a 74 - 23 percent disapproval in June, and 58 - 36 percent among independent voters, compared to a slightly positive 49 - 45 percent in June, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds.

Obama has registered a literal collapse in approval rating in the state of New York. In less than a month and a half President Obama’s net approval rating fell 23% from +19% to -4%. He does not even receive 50% support for Obama against unnamed Republican (although he still wins that by a wide margin). What this shows is that if Obama is getting hit hard in the third strongest state for him in 2008 (63.0%) then he cannot be holding up strong in other states across the region.

If New York has taken a hard turn against him then I suspect Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Vermont have also nose-dived. While I do not believe there is a chance Obama could lose New York, even on a Republican’s best day, this does mean that come 2012 he will not win New York in a landslide. Even the reliably Democratic 9th District of New York is now competitive and could go to the Republican which would be the first time that district has gone for the GOP since 1921.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread may also interest you, the partisan change of states under Obama.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The emperor has no clothes.

The hope and change of 2008 is gone.
edit on 12-8-2011 by RUSSO because: add

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Looks like the O might be "over".

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Of course in this instance it could not be the MSM nor the PTB manipulating you because they are saying what you want to hear. No manipulation here, move along!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dont worry he will get his approval ratings and votes back as soon as his awesome movie about the OBL raid that shows how awesome obama was during the process is released weeks before the 2012 elections. By the way that is not a political move to get votes....YEAH RIGHT!!! Hey America...obama thinks you are all idiots.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldentorch
Of course in this instance it could not be the MSM nor the PTB manipulating you because they are saying what you want to hear. No manipulation here, move along!

Are you insinuating that I believe this poll just because it says something I like? Well perhaps you should search my posts in the past, unlike most I actually believe polling agencies both when they say things I like and when they say things I dislike.

Nice try.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Am I hell no, do you know something you're really a smart guy but a little young. If I could I would help pay for your political science degree. I'm surprised you haven't applied to a right wing political think tank for an internship...whoops yer have already shucks.
Seriously I can see how intelligent you are but that's as applied to a system.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Quinnepiac skews to the left. I live in PA, and they poll here a lot (local issues) and their question formatting leans...which makes me wonder IF Obama could take New York state (there is some red and purple to the Empire State). My experience with the 'Q' polls would suggest a true, lower approval of Obama.

If NY is lost...well...if it quacks like a a lame duck...it is one.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I have noticed that Quinnipiac is pretty left compared to almost every other poll (excluding college/university polls). I find Public Policy Polling and Gallup to be the best policy polling groups. Rasmussen is okay but they are known to lean to the right. What interests me most about PPP is that they are a democratic polling agency, are revered as the most accurate as of 2008 and 2010, and like you said before, they usually are to the right of Quinnipiac. Now I am thinking about what a PPP poll would show of New York.

new topics

top topics

join