It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is Osama ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
has anyone considered that maybe we know exactly where he is and are not capturing him for a reason.

The question of this thread really started bothering me within a year of 9/11. It made no sense to me that we couldn't have him if we wanted him (and no I don't believe we've been hiding him for years to whip him out for an election). I didn't buy that our intelligence is that pathetic.

In the end I came to the same conclusion as vapor, but not for the same reasons. This is my hypothesis (hey - anythings possible but this makes more sense to me than a lot of what's being said otherwise):

His band of followers and sleeper cells are world wide (and infiltrating further still to this day). They are loosely lead but extremely loyal. No one has a grip on the extensiveness of the situation. Just suppose there is a worldwide directive in place in the event of his capture and or death? If so, how could you even begin to think the damage control could contain it? Of course under this scenario, there is no way he's being saved for the election, the backlash would bury Bush.

Dead or alive under this scenario, you wouldn't want it coming out. For this reason, I don't think he's currently dead or captured since there is no way that information could be contained for long. So then the only option left becomes, we know where he is and we are monitoring the situation, hopefully containing it and using it to our advantage (opportunites for intelligence gathering, etc.).

If I am wrong, he will show up before the end of October, if I am on the right track, ain't gonna happen.

Either way, there is no way I believe we don't have him in our grasp, and maybe my scenario is not the real reason, but there is some reason we don't move and I just can't believe how a lot of you can think he will be an election surprise. With an OBL directive or not, in the event of his capture all hell could break loose, and no one could control it on a worldwide basis.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bush Corp. and Osama need each other to survive. If one goes so must the other.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90

Maybe they don't want the media blowing the operation.

I'm sorry, do they get cable TV with CNN and BBC news 24 in the caves that they are supposed ot be hiding in?

No, but they have many followers around the world who have cable and it wouldn't take much to get word to the "cavemen" of what they have seen or heard.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
in the event of his capture all hell could break loose, and no one could control it on a worldwide basis.

Osama might say:

"I have a nuclear bomb already planted in one of your major cities you infidels"

MBF

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Osama is the foundation for the war on terror. If he is caught or killed, wouldn't the public feel that the war on terror is over?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
George Bush said he doesn't know where Bin Laden is and frankly doesn't care. Bin Laden is in Afghanistan, where there are virtually a minimal amount of american troops. Bush has no desire to increase that amount.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
George Bush said he doesn't know where Bin Laden is and frankly doesn't care. Bin Laden is in Afghanistan, where there are virtually a minimal amount of american troops. Bush has no desire to increase that amount.

How do you know Bin Laden is in Afghanistan? How do you know there are "virtually a minimal amount of american troops"? It's quite possible there are many special ops units hunting him down now, no matter where he is? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering what your sources are.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

How do you know Bin Laden is in Afghanistan? How do you know there are "virtually a minimal amount of american troops"? It's quite possible there are many special ops units hunting him down now, no matter where he is? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering what your sources are.

enjoy: I saw the interview first hand as well, therefore its valid by all accounts

marc.perkel.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So you gonna give it till the end of october to see if he crawl outta some hole that would be interesting. I think (without sounding morbid) that an attack is imminent soon by an AQ led attack on a British or US city however i also believe that this time the intelligence services may be on to the this one and hopefully stop it and pull Osama out for the world to see. I also believe as mentioned above that the sleeper cells are getting more popular and more within our society awaiting orders however i suppose we will just have to wait and see. (sadly)

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Originally posted by dcgolf

enjoy: I saw the interview first hand as well, therefore its valid by all accounts

marc.perkel.com...

If I'm not mistaken, this doesn't say he is in Afghanistan. It says we think he might be in Afghanistan. Where does it say there are minimal troops looking for him? Just curious.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join