It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Awakening into what?

We are already awake aren't we? We are aware. We are self-aware. So how much more awake can you be?

If you could be more aware than being self-aware, how aware would you be? How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a would chuck could chuck wood? JK.

We assume that the greatest form of awareness is self awareness because that is the greatest form of awareness we have scientifically observed. But just because that is the greatest form of awareness we have scientifically observed, doesn't make it the greatest form of awareness that there is, or even the greatest form of awareness we have unofficially observed. So, suspending our objective standpoints for a moment and moving into a mindset of subjective speculation, we can assume that if there is a greater form of awareness than self awareness, it would have to be some form of collective awareness.

Actually, this has been being unofficially observed for a long time. Of course, it isn't accepted mainstream yet, because we know very little about the extent of what the human brain is capable of, and therefore haven't developed a means of testing the validity of such claims. But if you do a quick google search, you're likely to find tons of testimonial evidence that there indeed exists such a phenomenon.

So, from the perspective of one who has experienced episodes of collective awareness, this is my testimony.

There's something about love that is transcendent. It is a chemical reaction, but those chemicals are more like keys that open doors into something more profound than normal physical reality. As you actively interact with love on a daily basis, you begin to understand that there is a presence that extends way beyond your own physical vehicle that is shared by everything. That is what I have come into contact with that I realized is the collective consciousness. And love is the key to that door.

Doesn't it seem plausible, considering the fact that the act of observation alone influences quantum wave possibilities to collapse into particle predictabilities, that awareness is highly misunderstood and unknown. Isn't there room for belief that self-awareness isn't the ultimate form of awareness? Especially given the amount of testimonial evidence out there by people who are far from dishonest.

By my experience and active interaction with love on a daily basis, I have come to understand that there is one awareness that envelops us all. It is by our neglect of love that we reamain oblivious to any form of awarenss outside of ourselves. Think about that. You don't need scientific proof to see this for yourself, all you have to do is believe in love and seek love, and you will be awakened. What could it hurt?

Testify ye believers. Seek ye doubters. Seek love.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
We are already awake! Pause one minute…you mean not at sleep?
I can only answer in mentioning what we as human we do in this reality:
The over ingurgitation of meat food, the abuse of the animal and the environment, the disrespect of older or younger generation, the indulgence in illusion, the depravation of the necessity of life to more than 3 quarter of the world population…and so on and so forward.
We are self aware?
As much as a snail in a bottle…we are aware of our so called greatness, our monuments, our cities, our nations, our languages, our religions, our philosophies and our spiritualities…we are only aware of our illusions…self awareness comes when illusion end.
So how much more awake can we be?
Tonnnnnesss, billions of time more….as my 2 statements above shown that awareness is lacking in our human nature. Then we have to accept that we are not so great after all and awareness is something missing in our school, social, livelihood Then we only have to start to be aware…and to truly love

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I have had the experience of understanding love, not so much as being the key but, as the door itself. With this thought I see the image of one of those automatic door closer thingies. One that closes the door unless we consciously hold it open? You know?
Well, I see love this way. That love needs to be nourished and kept alive, and if not, the door closes. It's the door out of the cave, the door out of ourselves. Love is the part in the veil of illusion.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Love is the part in the veil of illusion.

What did you mean by that? Did you mean "part" as in 'parting ways'

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
But what is love? It seems to me, that most people consider love to be some type of self indulgent lark. I agree with you for the most part; only I don't think self awarness is as abundant as you. people need to ask themselves: am I on the path of love, or am I just being selfish and obsessing about pleasuring myself??
edit on 12-8-2011 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When Life is expressed by me, it is Life within me willing and working.
When Decay is expressed by me, it is my nature (Void) willing and working.
God certainly is Charity (love), and God is certainly Order (understanding/faith(faithfulness)).
God is Life.
Living while not Living is common practice for our kind, so yes, I hope that we set our eyes on Charity, and also Order.
I hope that we are/will be One as Life is One.
I hope that we are/will be Good Judges as Truth/Life/Way(Righteousness) is the Good Judges.
Again, I hope that we set our eyes on Charity, and also Order.
Thanks, OP.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Could you please explicate charity and order? I have some difficulty of following these 2 words.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

"Love is the part in the veil of illusion. "

The opening space like in parting the curtains. I have a sense that the veil is there for the protection of our illusions. It is within these illusions that we play out what ever it is each of us is playing out. At times, and usually momentarily, there is need to peer beyond the veil and at these moments the veil parts, opening slightly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cointelprotroll

Love is putting the needs of others ahead of your own
Unconditional love is doing it without expecting anything back

edit on 12-8-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

But what is love? It seems to me, that most people consider love to be some type of self indulgent lark. I agree with you for the most part; only I don't think self awarness is as abundant as you. people need to ask themselves: am I on the path of love, or am I just being selfish and obsessing about pleasuring myself??
edit on 12-8-2011 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

1 Corinthians 13
NIV
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

www.biblegateway.com...

My favorite chapter in the bible.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Sure;
Order is the opposite of Chaos and the inverse of Pride.
Charity is the opposite of Pride and the inverse of Chaos.
Men, generally, represent Order or Pride.
Women, generally, represent Charity or Chaos.
Obviously this is not to be stereotypical, but there is an "octave," in the spiritual realm, which resonates in relation to the processing of estrogen and testosterone (this process is imaged/reflected from "above" downward). Men and women join together and their natural function bares fruit (life). This is an image of God.
This is also similar to how DNA is related to Order and how growth/healing/etc is related to Charity. You can cut off your finger and while the DNA (order) remains, decay overcomes. You can have corrupted DNA and while the growth (charity) remains, decay overcomes.

Likewise; Without Charity, Order is Pride. Without Order, Charity is Chaos. In the Living, Order is One with Charity. In our realm, we see varying lapses in the expressions of Order and Charity. This is also why "bad things happen." While some count Life to be corrupt for issuing the commands which "design" our cosmos that include differing forms of decay, this is actually the expected result of "The Void" being made into "something" and, specifically, made living. More specifically, those who are made truly alive, even to eternal life, certainly have a greater hope of communion with "perfection" and yet are enrobed in decay due to that same Void from which we all share our beginnings (except Our Father who is without beginning).

So, again, in a different way; Order is understanding and Charity is understanding expressed. Life is OrderCharity; That is to say: Life is perfect Understanding Expressed. This is in direct correlation to what the Jews and Christians understand to be the Word of the Lord and the Spirit of the Word. That is not to say that Christianity or Judaism has invested their blessing appropriately; That is to say: without expressing understanding in truth, wisdom is foolishness and expression is moot.

I hope this helps. If not, I suggest reading it again, and slowly, keeping in mind that I repeated the same concept in varying forms numerous times.
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I see what you mean, but I still think it would be accurate to say we are self-aware. Maybe not self-knowing.

I'm using the term self-aware to illustrate the capacity of individual consciousness. We know ourselves as individuals.

If we were collectively aware, we would not see ourselves as individuals, but we would see ourselves as a united group (one is all).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by cointelprotroll

Love is putting the needs of others ahead of your own
Unconditional love is doing it without expecting anything back

edit on 12-8-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

If two people were all that were left on the earth, and they had came together to make a child, if that pregnancy brought troubles and jeopardized the life of the mother, would it be more wise to sacrifice the life of the child or the mother? Which would be able to continue on to bare more children? While I abhor abortion personally, there certainly is the possibility within reason to put one life over another either way. There simply is cause and effect at play in many situations. Charity without Order is Chaos. Self-sacrifice that does not serve the greater good is certainly noble, but it is not necessarily true Charity.

Love is: Gentle Justice, Charitable Order, Wise Compassion, Understanding Expressed. Self-sacrifice is often directly an image of Orderly Charity, but not always. And Charity without Order is Chaos.
edit on 8/13/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

It didn't help me to understand Your understanding.
I thought about the explanation of your understanding not the words.
Never mind I thank you for the effort and if I may I will just add that all those words will never resonate to a person in need for the simple reason that words a mer fabrication of the intellectual mind and not of the self.
Good day to you

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

With such little time spent on digesting what I gave your soul and mind to eat, it is no wonder that you defecated whole ideas.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by kacou

I see what you mean, but I still think it would be accurate to say we are self-aware. Maybe not self-knowing.
I'm using the term self-aware to illustrate the capacity of individual consciousness. We know ourselves as individuals.
If we were collectively aware, we would not see ourselves as individuals, but we would see ourselves as a united group (one is all).

I know that you meant this , this is why I just posted my thoughts not direct to you as such.
As for aware, I would say that we are self knowing then self aware...again only my opinion.
Maybe some day someone write a thread in this section without using words....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by kacou

Maybe some day someone write a thread in this section without using words....

How the f do you write a thread w/o using words?

What do you have against words?

Words are a symbolic expression of a mental image. If I say "dog", you picture some kind of dog. If I say "white poodle", you picture a white poodle. Words can convey an idea just as well as any other form of communication.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
reply to post by kacou

With such little time spent on digesting what I gave your soul and mind to eat, it is no wonder that you defecated whole ideas.

You didn't give any thing to my soul...this is the point...if you did , your words would have resonated.
Time is irrelevant.
Do not be upset about what I wrote because this is only a misunderstanding of words not of soul.
We all belong to the same pool of love not idea.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

What I have against words?
Words are too confusing and as I have showend you that I feel people are self knowing as self aware.
You used the words aware as I used the words knowing....this is the confusion.
Now what I wrote in the end of my last thread was a metaphor...writing without words in my soul and in my heart is behind human intellectualism....in this platform it is not so clear, but in face to face you can express your deepest feeling without a sound...that is only if you are aware.
Now.
Please drop this futile way of expressing your self with the F words....if you use this words is with anger, a mild one or a strong one never the less with anger.
Someone started a thread about anger, go and read some of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The Beatles were boys from Liverpool, and they thought they'd try to get a band going.

So the played for a while and then they were discovered.

And, lo and behold, John Lennon (or was it George Harrison?) wrote "All you need is love".

They were not rocket scientists, but they got it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join