It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Social Evolution

The theory of evolution has existed for many years. It is an idea of biological change that occurs to better adapt a life form to an environment. Evolution is what scientists believe gave a tiger its claws, a human intelligence, etc. Although the theory has never been proven as fact, it is highly praised at universities and thought of as truth.

However there is another side to evolution – that of social evolution; which is the change of social and behavioral patterns to better adapt to an environment. It is this side evolution that forms bonds of friendship, ethics, morals, work habits, etc. It is what prompts us to hate an individual, or be accepting of another person.

In times past the social structure in America was significantly more difficult than today. The amount of government programs that provided the poor were virtually nonexistent, and handouts were looked down upon. The word debt carried with it connotations of disrespect, and was highly frowned upon by the community at large. In order to survive, people had to work – or they simply fell by the way side into the oblivion of obscurity.

According to the popular theory of evolution – only the strongest survive, while the weak are weeded out and perish. But with social evolution the exact opposite appears to be true; to a certain extent.

Our current body of government offers more social programs than ever before – providing for people who are too poor, have too many kids, are disabled, are old, etc. These programs ensure that the poor, unfortunate, and disabled are provided a better life than they can provide for their selves; or are willing to provide for their selves.

These social programs are truly beneficial to those who need them, but have been predicated upon by the bottom feeders who only seek to collect a check.

This type of program has several effects on the three classes of the population.

The low class – Dependent upon government handouts to survive. They are usually born into a system that encourages deviant social behavior, while discouraging personal advancement.

The Middle Class – This class of people is also considered the working class. Often times these families come from lower class families, and have succeeded in making a better life for their selves. A typical work week consists of forty plus hours a week, while spending little time with the family. This results in a child having to be raised by “the system” more than any parental unit. Studies have shown that children who are deprived of parental contact begins to view the system as their parent – however subconsciously. Often times these children will remain middle class citizens, or fall back to low class; thus repeating the cycle.

The Upper Class – also known as the elite, these people are our law makers, politicians, business owners, employers, etc. Save for the few who escaped from low/middle class lifestyles, most of these people come from old money. As their money grows, so does the void that separates the elite from their antithesis. Their vast wealth allows them to employee the lower class of people to their business – freeing the elite to raise their own children, and spend more time with their families; allowing for a greater chance of success in their offspring.

The current social structure, which has been organized by the elite families of the world, rewards low class families for being lazy while ensuring that the middle class will never escape from their routine – unless they get lucky.

So, like regular evolution, the strongest do indeed survive while the rest of the animals are picked off and kept oppressed.

Our social evolution has shown that given any situation, the majority will choose to be taken care of by a “parental figure” than work for their selves. This has been accomplished by allowing programs that allow the undeserving survival. This has breed a generation of adult-children, who can’t take care of their selves, and usually don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.

This type of social evolution makes the majority of the population slaves to a system. A system which uses them – a system that is ruled by the strong.

edit on 12-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Very good post and i respect that, but i fail to see the point of it all.

For at start evolution and social evolution, how can u even compare them, evolution took place over millions of years, social evolution has been over the last thousand years (and thats pushing it). They are alot different.

Isnt it just right the way things are in this paradigm.

I mean if a person in any of these classes puts there mind to it they can achieve whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
But that's just it - the system is designed to not make them want to put their mind to it.

Therefore, like regular evolution, in social evolution the strongest prevail.

It is a post to make people see the system in which they living in and try to do something about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If I read one more thread that takes the moral high ground on the fact the people of Britain and Europe and in fact the world are being held down by greedy, money hungry people who have as much savvy as a brick...I’m going to throw up.

The bottom line is a lot of the views I am reading could be straight out of a Nazi manifesto...

Try thinking about being disabled, sick or genuinely poor...there’s no black and white...you can't classify people into boxes.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JSWintersong

Please note that I included the disabled and sick in my post.

providing for people who are too poor, have too many kids, are disabled, are old, etc. These programs ensure that the poor, unfortunate, and disabled are provided a better life than they can provide for their selves; or are willing to provide for their selves.

I also said that certain people need these programs and are deserving of them, while others only use the system for their own gain - and are perfectly capable of taking care of their selves.

These social programs are truly beneficial to those who need them, but have been predicated upon by the bottom feeders who only seek to collect a check.

I support governement handouts to those who need it - as I beleive it is the right thing to do.

This post was made to point out that this system is flawed, and is encouraging our further social evolution to degrade; even to the point of breeding a new class of people, which I call the "dependent class".

This dependent class has to rely on a higher authority to survive.

I am not trying to lump people in classes - but for the sake of scientific observation and study, classes must be formed to gain further clarity of a situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's easy to describe a problem but difficult to provide a solution which I notice you did not include in your post. Frankly there are enough of these complain threads and not enough of ones with solutions.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
MentorsRiddle,

Picture me eating humble pie...I misread and misinterpreted.

I am just so tired of people making noises and not doing anything about it.

Please accept my apologies,

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I actually thought the solution was implied.

People must stop relying on a system to survive. They must take on self responsibility, and use the brains that God gave them and think.

If people do not use the brains that God gave them, then how much better are they than a house pet to the Elite?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No need to applogize my friend.

I sometimes don't express my opinions well enough - its a curse

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Re-reading your thread was well thought out and expressed...maybe I rushed it.

The problem is society is set up to fail...it just needs rethinking and a little hard work and a few idiots less in power.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSWintersong
Re-reading your thread was well thought out and expressed...maybe I rushed it.

The problem is society is set up to fail...it just needs rethinking and a little hard work and a few idiots less in power.

J S Wintersong

I agree totally.

But the kicker is that it's only setup to fail for the middle to low class. The elite sit back and laugh at us dumb "animals" grazing the fields.

When the stuff hits the fan, the elite will have enough pooled resources to protect their selves while the rest of us suffer.

And that just isn't in natural or unnatural disasters.

When schools have bad teachers, their kids are receiving a perfect education.

When food is lacking, their belly will be full.

They are setup atop their throne, honoring their selves.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe is should be like Delboy said in Only Fools and Horses...we need one voice...

'Just One Voice,
Singing in the darkness,
All it takes is One Voice,
Singing so they hear what's on your mind,
And when you look around you'll find
There's more than'

Chaos theory mate!!

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well said.