It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major blow to B.O.'s health care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
it seems that some do have common sense after all www.cnn.com... from the link

Appeals court says key parts of health-care reform unconstitutional
does this mean the end of forced health care? will BO still say yes you need to pay? will the courts prevail and say no not legal? some questions we answered from the link

A divided 2-1 panel of the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Atlanta found the law's "individual mandate" section, requiring nearly all Americans to purchase health insurance by 2014 or face financial penalties -- to be an improper exercise of federal authority.
gee do you need a law degree to know this?, it does go on to say;

"The individual mandate exceeds Congress's enumerated commerce power and is unconstitutional," wrote Chief Judge Joel Dubina. "This economic mandate represents a wholly novel and potentially unbounded assertion of congressional authority: the ability to compel Americans to purchase an expensive health insurance product they have elected not to buy, and to make them re-purchase that insurance product every month for their entire lives."
what is your thoughts should we have forced health care? or should it be the way it is?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It's about time they come to their senses!!! It was pointed out by those running at the debate last night that some feel the same way. In fact, one of the questions asked was did our constitution allow for forced healthcare.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

for a one term pres BO has done more harm that good, he should just step down but then... wish in one hand and $h!t in the other and see which one gets filled the fastest.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree that he has done more harm than good. Some might try and argue that he was left a mess by previous administration, but he has NOT had any good progress in cleaning up said mess, in fact, just the opposite. And this whole BC issue and how he seems to want to undo everything our country stands for has NOT helped him in any way! I pray he is NOT re-elected!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
here is the yahoo link news.yahoo.com... some of the comments are just selfish, let alone childish, and we wonder why our nation the US is the way it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Healthcare should be universal, but not forced on one in a society in which its sole purpose is profit.

I have no idea what the hell Obama and his cohorts were thinking when they came up with this. Seems to me that forcing citizens to give their money to insurance companies only makes the problem worse.
edit on 12-8-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think you need to change you thread title-while you can... to get the proper attention.

heck, leave the story title:

Appeals Court says Key Parts of Health-Care Reform Unconstitutional

And, only one part was ruled as such. Much of the other BS is still good-I guess. Searching now.
edit on 8/12/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

one word it is a small one but then it says it all "CONTROL" do i need to say more?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i just seen the article on yahoo...all i have to say is HAHAHA....lol...bet you he's having a bad day now

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The problem is that without the mandate that was written by the insurance companies mafia the health care reform will have no purpose.

It will be scraped to the original Obama bill before the insurance mafia lobbyist lawyer hacked down to benefit them and make US consumers their slave by law.

Now is up to the Supreme court to rule.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The fat lady isn't singing yet my friends. While several courts have ruled against it, at least 1 has ruled in favor. It is up to the supreme court now.IMO the individual mandate is UnConstitutional as hell! All mighty O should be imprisoned for wiping his a$$ with our Constitution. He did take an oath to preserve, protect, and defend it from All enemies foreign and Domestic! He qualifies as an enemy of the Constitution.

top topics

join