It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPCC 'May Have' Misled Media Over Mark Duggan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
As soon as the riots broke out, the pigs who killed Duggan should have been handed over to the rioters so that the mob could try them as they saw fit. That is how justice could have been served, and the damage would have been kept to a minimum at the same time. Not only that, pigs would be thinking twice next time before murdering in cold blood.

Yes, let's just throw away due process completely and let anyone who wants to kill someone just do it. You don't like what he did? Kill him. Let's all become worse than animals. Not.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by wcitizen

completely agree, they either did or they didnt, and obviously they did or they would not have released this statement in the fist place

Lol, exactly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Duggan was probably looting or about to loot when police confronted him, from different angles, so he couldn't evade. When that happened Duggan probably brandished his firearm causing the police to shoot.
In the U.S. this happens. If the police are going to talk to some one and they brandish a firearm the police will shoot. You or I (most) would do the same. It's called self preservation. That is one reason that many believe suicide is the ultimate sin. It is the opposite of self preservation.

It's such a big deal because GB is super PC compared to the states and the victim happened to be a black male. Let me ask, if this were a white male would the rioting have gotten as bad?
I.e. Rodney king gets beat (for resisting arrest, etc)= riots in LA / Reginald Denny gets PULVERIZED (for being in a truck)= no rioting caused by that.
edit on 12-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
My understanding is that Duggan was in a taxi cab, and had on his possession a loaded weapon. That weapon was recovered from the scene after the incident.

The police stopped the cab and moved to arrest him, and - for some reason - shots were fired. I imagine (and I don't know) that the officers thought he was likely to fire on them.

A bullet was found embedded in a police officers radio - the IPCC stated that Duggan had fired a shot at the officer - something that was later proven not to be the case by the ballistics report - the bullet in the radio turned out to be a ricochet from a police weapon.

That is the incident they are referring to - they stated that Duggan opened fire, and it appears he didn't.

Now, I have a lot of sympathy for his family. They've lost a family member. I think just about everyone would feel aggrieved if that had happened to someone in their family.

But.

British Police DO NOT routinely carry fire arms. That means that in order for this person to have been approached by armed officers, there must have been dedicated intelligence about him.

The hard fact is this - the guy was out and armed with a loaded weapon. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

If the officers saw a gun being brandished or pointed at them - what do they do?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Duggan was probably looting or about to loot when police confronted him, from different angles, so he couldn't evade.

The looting started nearly 24 hours after Duggan was shot.

He was not looting at the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You really need to get yourself educated, have you ever been to the UK to know what it's like? ATS is a poor place to learn about Reality at times.

As for, "He was probably lootin"... see above. There we no riots when Duggan was shot, he was travelling in a taxi when officers relating to Operation Trident stopped the car. The next we still don't know for sure as the police and IPCC have been very cagey but an eyewitness claims both driver and Duggan were told to get out of the car and lie on the ground (they complied), whereupon Duggan was shot execution style while defenceless. Now obviously we don't know if this is correct but as even the IPCC have more or less admitted to lying about the incident it adds credence to the eyewitness account.

This was the cause of the original protest which was followed by rioting after alleged heavy handedness by the police. Now you really should get reading about all this in more detail, especially if you start making patently false claims about recent events and countries.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Back in the early 90s south Bristol erupted into two days of rioting following the police killing of two white petty crooks, so yes it can also happen if the victims are white.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I was merely stating what I believe happened due to what I've heard. No harm in stating an opinion is there? I do stand corrected on "he was probably looting" comment. I was chronologically jumbled at the time.

I will make sure to get more educated before posting on a subject rather than shoot from the hip, thanks for the advice.

edit on 13-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join