It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, I'm doing this on my phone, so excuse me for any grammatical errors

Okay, so I just wanted to start off by explaining how a kid like me possibly ended up on ATS. It all started in the 11th grade. I was doing just fine academically and I made the soccer team, had close friends, but by no means was I popular and I didn't care much either. I couldn't change my whole character to fit in with this social image that society perpetuates so often. However, entering the 11th grade I had dreams of making the NBA (haha, yeah I must of been crazy) and my focus switched from the books to a basketball. My grades soon dropped, with me ALMOST having to take the 12th grade over again because of AP Statistics. Since I didn't make the basketball team and I quit soccer, which I had been doing for eight years, I sort of just had this pessimistic outlook on life. All my hopes and aspirations seemed to be fading away, BUT, weirdly enough something captivated me greatly. That something was Ancient Egypt. I was up late one night, not being able to fall asleep, so I watched the history channel. There was a segment on about the pyramids and from the moment I saw them, it even brought tears to my eyes (I stopped being a sentimental person years ago due to me being overly sensitive at times). There was this tantalizing nature about everything Ancient Egyptian. Luckily I passed high school (thank God), went on to a university to study Anthropology and here I am now. There are a myriad of other things which influenced me, but most importantly is the fact that I had this self-realization about myself opening my mind to try to seek the answers to questions which were plaguing me at the time.

I don't want to make this intro that long, but I'll end with what I enjoy the most. Astronomy, Archaeology, Poetry, Basketball (I've actually gotten much better and I participate in intramural) and Hip-Hop. No, not cRAP, but conscious, thought provoking Hip-Hop.

Hopefully I can add some insightful comments to posts and add to the already growing ATS community

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Your a kid? Well then How old are ya? I'm 16 years old and lately I'm feeling lonely since I felt I'm like one of the only few kids in ATS Oh and welcome to ATS! Been here since 2009.
edit on 12-8-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Welcome to the board.

It's always nice and refreshing to see someone with a passion, I like that in a person.

Enjoy the site, don't get too bogged down and use your common sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi and welcome,

I may be new here as well but i am sure you will find more than enough to many answers to many questions...whether you knew you had them or not!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Your a kid? Well then How old are ya? I'm 16 years old and lately I'm feeling lonely since I felt I'm like one of the only few kids in ATS Oh and welcome to ATS! Been here since 2009.
edit on 12-8-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't feel lonely, I wish I had joined earlier!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Glad you're here! Your interest and expertise sound like a perfect fit. Looking forward to anything you might share with us.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah i wish i has joined earlier too..

i suppose im new here... still getting to grips with various things... most people on here are helpful... enjoy

Always remember.... pics or it didnt happen

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I'm 19, but I really don't consider myself an adult just yet. I can be kind of immature at times ;P

Most of the people on here are probably way older than me, I assume.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Immaturity is not quite age dependent as you know. Some are mature earlier than others. Some are too arrogant to mature. I find ATS a challenge to mature.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hi IEtherianSoul9, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

top topics

join