It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney voices regret at being part of 'baby-selling' conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Attorney voices regret at being part of 'baby-selling' conspiracy

latimesblogs.latimes.com

A Maryland attorney who has pleaded guilty to being part of a national "baby-selling" ring allegedly organized by a San Diego attorney is expressing regret.

But the San Diego attorney at the center of the case, who has also pleaded guilty, has asked not to be judged harshly by the public and insists she would never do anything that is not in the best interest of babies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.10news.com

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
so how did this baby ring work???

Merriman and Jason Forge have been investigating Erickson, and they said she was working with women in Texas, Nevada and Missouri. They told 10News Erickson would send women to the Ukraine where embryos were implanted. The women would then return to the U.S. to give birth.

and how much were perspective parents charged to have this service... price range from $100,000 to $150,000

surrogacy lawyer Theresa Erickson was huge on the Internet... recruiting girls in college newspapers and holding press conferences... one with MSNBC

funny thing is when I tried to Google her name, to get a little more background... every site listed has pulled her stories, Poof just like that she has become a non-person...

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There is no justification at his actions - nor any others actions of the sort.

The man deserves to be judged very critically and harshly. He knew what he was doing - and knew what the results would be if he got caught.

He took a gamble and lost - now he needs to pay his debt owed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
this sounds like a nighgmare for the surogates and the lil babie would grow up and be none the wiser~crazy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

funny thing is when I tried to Google her name, to get a little more background... every site listed has pulled her stories, Poof just like that she has become a non-person...

My guess consists of two words: "Witness relocation."

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

somethings up...
even her youtube videos were pulled...

sounds like the Men in Black have been busy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So what exactly happened? She sent women out of the country to get impregnated and then what? After the births what happen?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

the last of the three links I posted is a story about one of these mom's
you see they got these girls knocked up and then placed ad's about poor mothers... needing help...all just part of the scam...

Heather Albaugh, one of the surrogate mothers who reportedly worked for Erickson, said, "I'm disgusted, angry. I feel violated. I feel used, victimized, lied to; every adjective out there, I'm feeling."
Albaugh told 10News she learned there were no parents lined up. Instead, Erickson and her company were posting ads on the Internet and people came forward.
"They wanted to help the surrogate, the surrogate who's stranded; she's pregnant with this baby. Sure, I want to help. I want a baby. I want to help this person. That angers me," said Albaugh.
Albaugh was reportedly one of the women flown to the Ukraine to have embryos implanted.

here's the link to that story...again

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Women were willingly flown to Ukraine to be impregnated for surrogacy, but, unbeknownst to them, the adopting parents would have to pay for the babies? Isn't this like giving blood for free and then hospitals selling that blood to patients?

I can see why the mothers would be mad though. Someone profiteering off of my charity would piss me off too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Did you even take time to read the article? He said? Oh you must have meant she said.... Your bad.

I agree... this woman has disappeared on purpose, and has done a good job of it.
edit on 8/12/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Seriously sick stuff all the way around. I have someone very close to me trying to adopt, and each time it falls through it is gut wrenching. You get to know people and forge a bond and trust. These people are sick.

Regarding all of her stories being pulled from MSNBC - isn't that something? Unless you download EVERY article things can be hard to prove in the future. Funny how this isn't bigger news but another Blonde has gone missing in Aruba.

CJ

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I saw on GMA that the missing Aruba lady...
her husband is being held as a suspect... they think he did her in???

but in this case every news stream that ran this ladies so call heart warming stories have conspired to do her in... or at least pretend they never heard of her...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Sometimes people get fooled. There are amazing con "people" out there who ply their trades very well. As is often the case, the more intimate, personal and "feel good" stories are for whatever reason "given a pass".

The journalistic standards of today are so bizarrely lax that I wonder if any of the sites that ran her stories even checked her out? Perhaps one of them could of hit the front page with an actual expose? Nah.

Edit to add about the missing woman, don't know about it other than the headline.

CJ
edit on 12-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This internet erasure is sounding a lot more concerning at the moment. This baby trade sounds like the tip of the iceberg and the ranks are closing in to protect the mess under the water. It is good to hear some of this coming out but it does look like it gets a whole lot worst before it starts to get better again.

new topics

top topics

join