It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

With posts like this, you really come off as someone who has no sense of right or wrong.

How do you propose to weed out the ones who deserve to die from those who don't?

Investigate, hold a trial, like with any other criminal.

Does anyone with a net worth over say, $5,000,000 get a bullet in the head?

I never suggested this, and that you go this far, show you are not looking at the situation in a realistic light. You are only here to blindly defend the actions of the super rich and their minions, of which you are most likely one.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well you seem to have it all worked out!

I have a simple question for you. What would you do if you because ruler of a country to fix things. I want to see if you have a plan, which I could respect, or are like most here who want to scrap the system, yet have no idea what they would do once they did.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by haarvik

It's a very slippery slope to start dictating to people how successful they can be. Who will make that decision and what qualifies them to do so.

You speak as though there exists an equitable system, when in fact the reality is that it's a cess pit of corruption. Insider trading, inside knowledge, fraud, ponzi schemes, extortion, blatant theft, etc.

Honesty is seen as a crime and those who expose the corruption are 'dealt with'.

There is little judicial redress because of the corruption in the judicial system itself.

Members of Congress find their wealth increasing significantly while the rest of the population is seeing their wealth dwindle alarmingly.

www.cnbc.com...

The corruption runs so deep, the system is beyond repair. It needs to be totally dismantled and replaced.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by poet1b

Well you seem to have it all worked out!

I have a simple question for you. What would you do if you because ruler of a country to fix things. I want to see if you have a plan, which I could respect, or are like most here who want to scrap the system, yet have no idea what they would do once they did.

Corruption, I would wage a massive and uncompromising war on the corruption.

I would charge and imprison every single one who was guilty, and every cent of their assets would be seized.

I would abolish the federal reserve, and give back the right to issue currency to a new, non-corrupt and ACCOUNTABLE government.

I would then forgive all debt.

As I result I would then be able to abolish income tax.

I would do all this by executive order if necessary.

I would then abolish so-called democracy and reinstate the republic.

I would instigate a law of total transparency and accountabliity.

I would dismantle the large banks and corporations into smaller, controllable, accountable units.

All Congress would have their private bank accounts scrutinised annually.

Any member found guilty of enriching themselves through their position would never, ever be able to hold a position of responsibility within the public sector again.

The media would be freed of outside influence and would be able to investigate and report honestly.

I would change the education system to make it something valuable. It would include education on human values and practical information, such as how money works, money management, etc.

I would make it one of the most serious crimes imaginable for a member of the government to act against the wishes and well being of the people.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The level of corruption is staggering and sickening.

See how the SEC knowingly and systematically destroyed evidence of corruption:

www.wanttoknow.info...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Corruption, I would wage a massive and uncompromising war on the corruption.

I would charge and imprison every single one who was guilty, and every cent of their assets would be seized.

Agreed, i would do the same.

I would abolish the federal reserve, and give back the right to issue currency to a new, non-corrupt and ACCOUNTABLE government.

I agree with the national reserve part. As for the new, non-corrupt government, you will need to be more specific. New how? New elections? Do you propose somthing besides a democracy? If new elections, how do you propose we ensure the new government is not corrupt as well? Not sure you have that one thought out.

I would then forgive all debt.

As I result I would then be able to abolish income tax.

Not sure how you will manage this. Lets say you abolish all debt. Do you propose the USA defaults on its obligations to pay back the massive amounts of money you have borrowed so you can spend criminally on a huge military and advance your own agenda worldwide? I would hope the world would turn against you for such an action, at it would certainly be criminal on the highest level. Countries around the world have bought your debt on the understanding they would be repaid. This idea makes me sick.

I think your also under the assumtion that income tax goes 100% towards paying the national debt. It does not. If you plan to remove it entirely, i would suggest you will have to find other ways to pay for certain programs and infrastructure.

I would do all this by executive order if necessary.

I would then abolish so-called democracy and reinstate the republic.

I would instigate a law of total transparency and accountabliity.

I would dismantle the large banks and corporations into smaller, controllable, accountable units.

All Congress would have their private bank accounts scrutinised annually.

Any member found guilty of enriching themselves through their position would never, ever be able to hold a position of responsibility within the public sector again.

The media would be freed of outside influence and would be able to investigate and report honestly.

I would change the education system to make it something valuable. It would include education on human values and practical information, such as how money works, money management, etc.

I would make it one of the most serious crimes imaginable for a member of the government to act against the wishes and well being of the people.

I can agree with all of this. Im not sure about the republic idea, and as a Canadian it really isnt my concern and im not sure how you would enforce transparancy, but the bulk of that i agree with.
edit on 23-8-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The corruption runs so deep, the system is beyond repair. It needs to be totally dismantled and replaced.

I tend to agree - but suspect any institutionalized system invites corruption.

...Small is beautiful?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here are a few ideas.

Eliminate the income tax and replace it with a tax that charges business activities for federal oversight, that allows them to conduct business in the U.S.. The national debt and associated interest payments will be paid for exclusively by businesses that conduct international and interstate business.

Drug companies and food companies would pay for the FDA, when the goods they produced cross state and national borders, as they should. If we are going to have any drug laws, and laws that control food, then the companies who conduct commerce in these areas should pay the cost of regulation. Companies that engage in industries that use or produce large amounts of toxic poisons, all of which inevitably, at least potentially, cross state borders, they will pay for the EPA. Law firms will pay for the judiciary, and so forth.

Reinstate usury laws, putting a maximum interest rate at 15%, and develop strict national policies for credit rating. Banks will be greatly reduced in what they can charge as fees. The amount that banks pay in interest to savings accounts will be directly proportional to interest charged on loans.

Capital gains from investments held shorter than 30 days would be charged at the same rate as gambling income.

There will be a federal agency created to combat fraud, and it will be paid for by the finance industry.

All U.S. military operations overseas will be paid for by taxes levied on imports and exports.

Drug use will be legalized and taxed, and the sin taxes used for rehabilitation, poverty relief, and medical costs associated with usage of these types of products.

Welfare moneyed payments are not to exceed one year, after that the government will provide shelter, where participants will have to contribute to all maintenance and up keep in order to stay in the program. The people still in need of assistance will be given training suitable to their capabilities. All participants will always have the right to leave this program at any time. Any and all work done by the people in the programs set up, will go back into these welfare programs.

People who hire illegal immigrants will be prosecuted and heavily fined. Our borders will be properly secured, and illegal immigrants will be sent home, where hopefully they can take what money they have earned in the U.S., and what skills, and build a decent life in their countries of origin.

Immigration will be reduced until employment rises to a set level. Future immigration will be set in relation to employment statistics.

Our trade treaties will be renegotiated with those countries who have failed to raise environmental and labor standards, and wages. Import taxes will be levied in proportion to ongoing violations. Our working public is not going to be forced to compete with third world nation slave labor.

Transportation taxes will be used strictly for transportation. No state will receive more than the share they contribute to the federal government, as per the U.S. constitution.

National education standards will be paid for by the people. Required learning for associated degrees will be standardized, and those who choose to educate themselves outside of a institution will be given credit for all met criteria, and the degrees earned through tests offered nationwide.

Idle commercial and industrial property will be taxed at higher and higher levels, until sold or auctioned to the highest bidder. Former owners, will be charged for all clean up from any toxic wastes left on those properties. Those costs not recovered will be covered by the industry associated with the property and the type of waste.

People would be given tax free savings accounts for medical expenses. Young people will be covered at reasonable levels until their savings reach a point where they are able to pay their medical costs. Cost for medical treatment will be given up front, and gouging will be punished.

We will revamp our transportation system and national energy plan to deal with looming drop in world wide oil production and projected increase in world wide energy demand.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

While I agree with most of this, I believe the massive tax load you wish to heap on businesses would destroy your economy.

Having to shoulder the massive national debt, corporations would begin an exodus north of the US border, to Europe and Asia. Smaller businesses now have to shoulder an even larger portion of the national debt, as corporations have abandoned the US to countries with less tax load. Massive inflation and countrywide failure of businesses would follow. As there is no one left to shoulder the debt, a default would be inevitable.

I agree on legalizing drugs, but I would stop short of coc aine/crack, opiates or meth.

The rest I agree with for the most part, but I'm convinced your economy would tank without the US thumbing it's nose at the world and refusing to pay back it's debt. This of course would be unacceptable however, but the only way I can see your system actually working.

Balanced budget legislation would be a must. I like the idea of taxing earnings on investments held less than a month. Great way to curb rampant speculation and generate revenue.

edit on 23-8-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Forcing the ICs to shoulder U.S. debt would free the U.S. economy. It is the ICs holding the US economy hostage.

The ICs can not flee the U.S. economy, because they have no where else to go. The rest of the world is far more hostile to them.

Oh, and with a better system, the ICs would do much better.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

...Small is beautiful?

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

...Small is beautiful?

The problem is any non-institutionalized system also invites corruption.

Free-market capitalism is inherently flawed because it rewards ambition. In a perfect world that would be great, but in the real world - who are the most "ambitious" people:

Fact is it's not the hardest-working - it's the ones who will do whatever it takes to get what they want. That means lie/cheat/steal/step over their own mother's back to get to the top. And once they get there, they will do everything in their power to keep anyone else from usurping them. That means colluding with their other unethical peers to keep the actual honest, hard-working individuals down.

So the more power these greed-obsessed sociopaths acquire, the worse it becomes. It's a vicious cycle, and why our system is unfortunately built to reward them, and why it naturally leads to the plutocratic, oligarchic mess we all find ourselves in now.

What the solution is - I don't know. It's almost like a "you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't" situation.

All I know is what we have now clearly isn't working, and we're all part of the problem. Because even as victims we enable it, through things like mindless consumerism and social apathy.

So the first step is simply admitting and addressing the problem - but there are too many people in the herd who just don't want to.

You even see it here on ATS everyday - from everyone who moans and complains about "TPTB", without ever asking what they themselves can do to be the change they want to see - to the full-fledged FOX News puppets, who are so obviously brainwashed into attacking anyone who so much as questions the status-quo.

I used to believe the answer was education, and critical thinking, and denying ignorance, and letting these self-evident truths catch on virally until everyone "woke up". But now that I see how much these things are abused and manipulated right here on ATS - I really don't know what to believe any more...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Which would be why -and how- small is beautiful.

I used to believe the answer was education, and critical thinking, and denying ignorance, and letting these self-evident truths catch on virally until everyone "woke up". But now that I see how much these things are abused and manipulated right here on ATS - I really don't know what to believe any more...

The answer IS education, and critical thinking, and denying ignorance. None of which is hard-wired, all of which require step-by-step-by-step with every individual for every single little issue. ...Unfortunately, the process is easy to sabotage and manipulate. Also unfortunate, we won't ever have a world where every individual is wide-awake all at the same time - everyone will always be at a different place in the process, and at a different point of awareness all the time. 'Tis the nature of our species. We just have to keep trying and working, for every person in every generation. Just like the bad guys do.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

How thoroughly revolting!

These are some of the people who are the "capstone of the pyramid".

What's worse is the more they seem to make the less work they have to do to earn it...just lie cheat and steal!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MardukNibiru

What's worse is the more they seem to make the less work they have to do to earn it...just lie cheat and steal!

Yup. Hence the line, "It takes money to make money."

Few people still buy the idea that working hard and saving leads to riches. The American Dream has become a nightmare by most accounts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I understand how reducing institutions like government should reduce corruption on those levels, but my point was reducing corruption on one level means opening up corruption on other levels - hence the damned if you do, damned if you don't comment.

Very eager to discuss actual constructive solutions though, if there actually are any...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I understand how reducing institutions like government should reduce corruption on those levels, but my point was reducing corruption on one level means opening up corruption on other levels

Having worked in both government and large corporations, I know BOTH are unwieldy bureaucracies.

...and I am FAR more concerned about Global Corporate Government - and corporate-government partnerships - than I am about any national government alone.

On one level, "Small is beautiful" means that keeping things small (corporations, governments, institutions, systems), prevents power from being consolidated in one place, and fewer bad things can happen.

edit on 26/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just plan, but the important thing is to implement

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Women who used knives or guns in self-defence were raped less than 1% of the time. Defensive use of edged or projectile weapons reduced the rate of injury to statestical insignificance[/url][7].

...srry... had to...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Forcing the ICs to shoulder U.S. debt would free the U.S. economy. It is the ICs holding the US economy hostage.

The ICs can not flee the U.S. economy, because they have no where else to go. The rest of the world is far more hostile to them.

Oh, and with a better system, the ICs would do much better.

No idea why you believe this.

Yes, it would free the economy. The average consumer would have much more expendable income. Your statement of the rest of the world being much more hostile to corporations in nonsense though. If you believe this, tell me why you believe it to be true. I doubt you can.

The corporations move their headquarters to a place like Canada, thereby shouldering a much smaller debtload. You deluded to think they would stay in your business-hostile USA under your policies.

Let me restate this: your social policies I generally agree with, but by making businesses and corporations shoulder the entire US debt, you will cause a massive exodus of corporations and businesses, decimating your economy and leaving no one to shoulder your debt causing a default.

I'd love to hear why you think they would stay in the US after you pass your policy.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join