It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The most revolting in all this, is that there's still a bunch of sheep and slumlords who, down in the pyramid, still defend capitalism, as well as the State that defends it as it is!

Even here on ATS...

How can intelligent people defend the wealthy class that destroys their life while doing billions in profit from it? Perhaps the explanation is that they just have NO intelligence.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

The sheeple don't understand it. What is 45 Trillion. It is nothing more than a piece of paper. The real power is in the hand of the middle class. If we get united and refuse all the laws to obey, we can start our own community to survive. We can grow our own food, make shelters, make provisions for other necessities. If you call it communism so what, as long we survive. Quite honestly from what I have been reading, nobody is in the mood to be united. Those that believe in it, they already have taken action. In places like Oregon, they are busy building their Community and don't allow the Government to infiltrate among them. They refuse to pay Taxes of any kind. Every body is sharing their labor doing some thing collectively. Now tell me how is the Bankers going to rule them and benefit from their labor. Bankers cannot grow food, they don't know how to build a shelter. They grew in rich families, spoon fed and always had Nani chauffeur and servants. You don't accept their Dollars, they will starve.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

Yes people could totally do that, but then who would defend them against

the bombs, and who would build the weapons to protect the people who

are trying to get away from the elites who stole the peoples money in order

to enslave them?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is worth repeating. This is precisely how it is

Scott nice post, you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Originally posted by Scott495
reply to post by aceshootn

lets not confuse normal hard working millionaires with the ultra rich and elite. people have the right to chase their dream of becoming wealthy, but when their wealth becomes so great and their influence penetrates the so called democratic system where their opinions and influence strip away your rights then its a problem.

there are too many incidents where huge corporations abuse their power and erode our freedoms. A more mild example is

Google, driving cars with cameras up your street showing pictures of YOUR home to anyone who decides they might fancy a look inside while on top of that snooping on your wifi including if it is secured and any passwords and logins you may have, downloading your location information from your beloved android phone and sending it un-encrypted back to good old google for safe keeping and information harvesting and selling your details from gmail, web searches etc to the highest bidder. YOUR information... not theirs.. its theft on a grand scale making them billions. bye bye freedom and privacy so some fat cat can make a billions and invest in yet more ways to remove and freedoms and privacy you might once of had...oh i almost forgot about how they illegaly manipulate search results so your internet experience is how THEY decide it should be.

Bankers who illegally miss-sold bad debt as AAA credit and made millions in bonuses doing so causing the financial meltdow. did any of them have to pay back their bonuses or go to jail? i dont think so but plz correct me if im wrong. They are probably on of only a few groups who did not feel the effects of the financial hardship we are all experiencing even though they were the ones who were responsible (they still have their millions in bonuses in the bank after all).

last but not least the FDA trying to jail Dr Burzynski who had discovered a miricle cure for cancer, but he owned the patents and so there was no profit in it for the FDA so they tried to jail him, stopped treatment to his patients with no consideration to their wellbeing and then tried to patent HIS research each time they took him to court (at tax payers expense) diabolical. The cancer trade in America is a trillion dollar industry and no number of human lives is worth losing that meal ticket. His video is posted somewhere in ATS and its the most shocking thing I have seen in years. Why no one went to jail for this is anyones guess as it is nothing short of criminal.

This is just a few examples of why huge corporations are bad including thier ultra rich elite masters.....enough said
edit on 13-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A lot of these people worked really hard to get where they are. Some were born into it. But others, like Mr.Gates, started like anyone else and worked their way up, and also gives quite a bit of it to charity from what I've heard. Why should they be penalized for being successful?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Is Bill Gates as wonderful as the media makes out, why does he own shares in Monsanto ?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I am not suggesting taking all of their money to the point that they are left with the same amount of money as people who work for minimum wage, I'm just saying tax them much more than the poor. Taxing them to the degree that I'm suggesting will still leave them rich at the end of the year, they will still have millions of dollars, much more than 99% of people will make in their whole lives, and that will also greatly help out the country.
edit on 12-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

So tax the sort of rich at, say, 33% and the super-rich at around 35% compared to around 10% for the poor? Short of the Fair Tax, I could go for that.

Righteous indignation incoming in 3...2...

/TOA

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

You don't read much do you? If you had, you would have read this informative post by

cwilson on page 8 and i quote:

We have heard it all before, especially from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which has been pushing for the whole world to be vaccinated for many years now (www.naturalnews.com...). It is clear that Gates and his supporters will stop at nothing until every nation in the world is funding his vaccine campaigns, despite the fact that many of the vaccines being pushed come with a whole slew of devastating side effects, and do not necessarily provide any proven benefit (www.naturalnews.com...).

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

It's kind of hard for me to see any good that the Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation may do when this is they type of stuff that THEY prioritize. Coupled with the fact that they bought 500,000 shares of Monsanto (what are they doing to make our world better? GMO? More Agent Orange?), they support the likes of Goldman Sachs, and POPULATION REDUCTION is a stated goal of theirs. What gives them the right to decide who gets to have kids and who gets sterilized?

If you think it's okay for them to force vaccines on third world countries (again, to curb population), then you must agree that it's okay for them to force said vaccines on your neighbor. And you. And your family. Are you okay with that?

If not, that's okay. They've been working on genetically modified mosquitos to deliver the vaccines to you anyway:

In addition to funding Monsanto, the Gates Foundation has also funded the development of genetically modified mosquitoes. The mosquitoes, developed by the University of Queensland, are modified to stop the spread of a virus carried by the insects. This technology also allows scientists to modify the insects in other ways, such as engineering the mosquito to produce a vaccine in their saliva. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda is currently working on a transgenic mosquito that is essentially a mobile vaccination. If it is successfully implemented, unsuspecting targets will be injected with a vaccination, even if the person is opposed to the science behind most vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good job those tax cuts created all those jobs, then.

[\end sarcasm].

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Are millionaires/billionaires actively protesting against paying more in taxes? If I were a millionaire I would be very enthusiastic about paying more money in taxes. Why do the rich need to be richer? Greed. They make more money than they will ever need, but that's still not enough. Large corporations that make billions of dollars in profit each year are constantly looking for ways to cut costs.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Dystopiaphiliac because: /grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wish ATS discussions would venture farther away from idea mongering to collective collaboration.

As one of the few remaining "middle class" citizens of America I have to agree with both sides of the argument. I do not agree with wealth redistribution. You should keep what you earn, period. However, the problem arises with opportunity. Ignorance toward the lower class is the root of evil in America. The rich say they leech off the system, but we need to think of it in other terms. John Doe, who is raised in a minimum wage household by parents who were raised in a minimum wage household faces difficulties many cannot understand. When you live on minimum wage slave labor jobs there is absolutely no way to advance yourself. Go to college, get a better education. Ok, sounds good. But college costs money. If your family is living on minimum wage, you are probably going to need loans. Fine, but loans take collateral. Because banks base lending on risk to reward formulas, John Doe is unlikely to be able to pay such loans back if he defaults, and because his family has no tangible assets, the bank would get nothing back. This is a high risk investment. So the bank denies his loan. He is now stuck in the same cycle as his family members. With no education, in a world where in order to make more than minimum wage a skilled trade is required. Our laws are based on archaic ways of life. John Doe can no longer go to the blacksmith and become an apprentice. Today, to be qualified in a trade to earn more than minimum wage you need certificates, issued by companies and organizations that force you to pay. There is no longer a means of free education and training, and high school education is no longer applicable to skilled trades. Thus you can see the cycle where the poor become poorer and the rich become richer.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM with this REALITY is that taxes are not double imposed on the rich because they already know they are coming. So Jane Doe, who makes a lucrative amount of money in her lifetime, is about to die and leave her fortune to her children. Because she is intelligent (as the wealthy are) she knows that estate and inheritance tax will be raping her children soon. So she liquidates all assets, pays the taxes on these (about 20% compared to estate and death tax which is about 35%), and deposits her wealth in offshore account so her children pay substantially less taxes upon her death. THIS ONLY HAPPENS if Jane Doe is an investment moron.

What we see today is, most people are already anticipating these taxes and thus prepare even further ahead to avoid liquidation and estate taxes from the get-go. They have incremental "living" accounts in American banks, and deposit most of their wealth into untaxable offshore accounts, for a very very very low fee. Once they die, the descendants of the hard working millionaire have inherited a ridiculous amount of money and will pay ZERO taxes on such unearned income. The knowledge of the scheme is passed on because the rich protect their money, and they become richer for generation after generation without ever actually earning their way.

The money invested into offshore accounts only benefits the foreign banks ability to lend to its citizens. They realize the benefit to allowing American dollars to be cheaply "stored" in their vaults, so they don't tax it. Why would they have to tax it? They are getting FREE money to improve their own infrastructure. They are smart, they know the tax system in America, they have a nearly unlimited supply of money because there are so many people in this country working this scam you wouldn't believe it. Thus, we see the money of the rich doesn't even profit our own citizens, the citizens who performed hard f*cking work to make Jane Doe her millions, she has just screwed our infrastructure just to avoid the death blow which is the American tax system.

We now have a cycle of wealth that is not deserved, not worked for, and not taxed. Here is your freedom America, take notes, and increase the size of your piggy bank for your children.

But How can we get our wealth back? How can we revive the Middle Class?
The only possible scenario I have thought of that frees the enslaved to minimum wage is to ELIMATE CORPORATIONS AND THEIR ABILITY TO RECORD PROFIT. Why are corporations taxed as human beings? Why are they allowed to accumulate wealth? As an accountant, it truly is the sin of all sins. No company should be able to profit, ZERO. There is absolutely no reason for any corporation to see profit, NONE. Profit is a sh*t word used to increase investment by shareholders. People want to know that their company is doing well, so Accountants unlike me cook the books, make up these huge f*cking ridiculous profit earnings just to convince you as the employee to put money back into your company so the executives see higher dividend checks, while you believe that all those stock options will give you a nice nest egg in the future.

Any "profit" earned by a corporation should be redistributed to its employees, starting from the bottom up, because it is the hard work of the bottom factory workers that are creating tangible goods to be sold. There is no product without these people, yet somehow, the America way of life is to profit off of those who do your dirty work.
Add that to the BIGGEST *********** SCAM in America which is the creation of a Corporation. Corporations were created as a means to avoid liability by shareholders. Shareholders make all the decisions for the corporation, so when they f*ck up and screw your family out of a job, all that diamond and gold they have is theirs to keep, but your job and way of life goes back to the bank, sounds fair huh? Why should any business executive be able to deny personal liability. To protect personal assets you say? Those personal assets were earned on the hard work of others, these people SHOULD be liable for mistakes, because they end up screwing those of you at the bottom of the pyramid.

I really hope this post isnt TLDR because I want to educate my fellow Americans on the greed of Corporate America and how we HAD ZERO F*CKING VOICE in the decision to eliminate liability for those who control our jobs. Sh*t needs to change, but there is about zero chance of it ever happening because no one, not even the President, has the ability to denounce Corporations anymore. We have lost the power my friends, the only way to regain control is to start over, and it is coming soon.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

The number of "wealth apologists" that come out of the woodwork when this topic is brought up just floors me.

You and me both!

There really is no way to describe it other than mind control. These people just subscribe to whatever FOX News tell them to think, no matter how much it goes against the facts, logic, or even simple common sense.

I'm convinced at this point if they were told to go bang their skulls against a brick wall they would do it - provided there was enough hand-waving and sensationalist hyperbole about how "the nanny state" is trying to stop them from doing that.

It's crazy, and it's quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen on ATS.

It really shows you how much the plutocrats in this world can in fact wield the weak-minded and ignorant like a weapon.

I can just see it going down like this:

*Solid gold diamond phone rings at elitist headquarters*

"Hello. What? Someone is asking why the insanely rich don't pay as much in taxes as the middle class? Get Rupert on the line."

shortly afterward:

edit on 13-8-2011 by mc_squared because: would have been much more effective if embedding wasn't disabled, but you get the point...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I think you are just creating mischief for fun. But it's not funny.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Someone actually read my post. Thanks, star for you reiterating it. It's sad, and it sucks, and these guys are allowed to stockpile their "money" in these foundations, offshore accounts, etc. It sickens me to no end. My dad used to be a big Bill Gates fan, even had lunch with him and a few others in London once (woohoo I know, I wasn't impressed, and I was in high school at the time). He's now seeing other sides of Bill than his Microsoft stuff. He's now even questioning the way Microsoft operates.. and to me this is good because my dad is in accounting and I.T. He's ready to retire, and I can see it on his face that he's been through a lot over the years. He's seen the IRS rape and pillage, send people from their homes to the streets... all due to a corrupt taxation system and a fake economy. Sad.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight, I'm a bad guy because I'm a millionaire?

I've spent my life working hard, saving, and finding ways to take care of my family. I've made a few million dollars in my life and have been able to give my family the life which I believe they deserve... and I'm a bad guy.

Just because you're jealous, didn't get an education past high-school, or decided to become a construction worker instead of seeking a better life doesn't make me a bad guy.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
A lot of these people worked really hard to get where they are. Some were born into it. But others, like Mr.Gates, started like anyone else and worked their way up, and also gives quite a bit of it to charity from what I've heard. Why should they be penalized for being successful?

I'm sure Bill did work very hard and deserves to be fairly wealthy. But do you think giving us a series of mostly crappy Windows products is really worth $56 Billion??

I'm sorry - but short of being the person to simultaneously cure cancer, solve world hunger, invent a time machine, and discover the scientific reason why one of my socks always goes missing from the dryer - nobody should be worth that kind of money.

The problem is the system in general, and how much $$$ we pump into the hands of the very few. Some of it is our own fault, by way of the sometimes ridiculous decisions we make as consumers. But much more of it is the fault of the way the system has been deliberately rigged to serve the interests of the rich at the expense of everyone else.

Bill Gates is really just one of those feel-good, rags-to-riches stories the plutocrats let slip through every now and then to keep the rest of the sheep convinced maybe one day they can too. It's really nothing but a lottery designed to maintain the illusion of freedom in a world of wage slavery.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Ok, nevermind the Gates, it's pointless to speculate how good or evil their intentions may be because none of use truly know them. I still stand by the fact that its their earned money and they should be able to do whatever they want do with it. I understand that it creates it a huge discrepancy between classes and ultimately deminishes the middle class. But the libertarian in me says they should not be forced to to redistribute their wealth. Perhaps what we are getting at is how these individuals/companies accumulate their wealth in the first place. I think that if it involved illegal bribes or lobbying to create monopolies, then they should be thrown in jail, and yes - spread the loot.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by kro32

It's not hard and if you are not rich or not in the process of becoming wealthy you lack one of three things:

The desire
The intelligence
The hard work

I failed on the desire, I was not prepared to lie to get to the next step.

That's exactly it,
Maybe I'm not willing to prostitute my values for the sake of money
Maybe I don't want to step on everyone head to get to the top
Maybe I'm not willing to act like a sheep towards people with power in order to manipulate them

I don't want in this capitalism game.
I just want to live my life, be proud of living by my values and share my happiness.

It is possible to be successful in life and be a good person, and no, I don't think it's wrong to have millionaires.
People have the right to be successful but it's just totally obvious that most of the really rich got there by not sharing, by stepping on others heads, by lying, by manipulating, etc, etc and it doesn't stop.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yup, its a "recession," but there is more money (even counting for inflation) in circulation than ever before. Its just concentrated in the hands of less people.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join