It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Else Feeling Literally Depressed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just wanted to report the sluggishness has dissipated. The spell I felt lasted a couple of weeks though, but only in idle times, contemplating the future. With destruction comes birth, so maybe the worse it gets, the closer we are to genuine change.

peace

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have so much I could be depressed about but I think it's a choice really. I feel good because I want to.
I know what's going on around me, the best thing I can do is focus on what's around me at the moment.
Otherwise it becomes overwhelming and pointless.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I don't know man, I was not 'choosing' to feel physical woes last week, but I agree, choice can affect us that way, and it can certainly expand the sensation.
Thanks for your thoughts.

spec

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
so you felt there was no way out of how you were feeling? not to sound condecending or anything but it sounds short-sighted, if you know what I mean, those feelings are often temporary, and we all know how smart you are, so what gives?
I don't think the blame can be placed externally. no solar flare, but maybe one within...your heart?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well c'mon man, let me blame something else besides me!

No really, I have never felt as I did, and I am pretty upbeat, active and optimistic. In retrospect, a lot of it was pondering my journey from now until my old age, and the negative aspects of the associated reality(s). But I have done that before and not fallen into an abyss. This is why I stared pondering environmental influences, as mentioned in the original post. Plus there are studies that support an effect from fluctuations in our magnetosphere. So I don't know, maybe the/my negative found it's way deeper into my psyche. Thanks for the kind words.
edit on 13-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Due to past problems and many other things, I always had waves of depression. But for some reason lately, it will hit me out of nowhere, even when at the moment if I dont have anything to be depressed about. Ill just be sitting there watching TV or something and BAM, all of a sudden im depressed and start crying.

I dont know, weird indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join