It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Else Feeling Literally Depressed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First let me say for those that have genuine depression, my heart goes out to you. I personally have always been an upbeat and optimist person, but recently have felt literal waves of physical/mental sadness, lethargy and disenchantment. I know the world is in turmoil and that probably has something to do with it, but man I feel weird. I have no history of psych problems in my family, I have a good job and am not totally strapped financially, although I teeter on being just a couple of paychecks away from it. Solar flares? Collective consciousness? Pharmies in the water? I don't know but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this as new.

spec
edit on 12-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Solar flares?

spec

Reuters news agency says it's solar flares,

www.reuters.com...

Some academics have claimed that such geomagnetic storms can affect humans, altering moods and leading people into negative behavior through effects on their biochemistry. Some studies have found evidence that hospital admissions for depression rise during geomagnetic storms and that incidents of suicide increase.

a thread on that article quoted above, released an hour ago by Reuters is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Well...lets see.....earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, famine....excessively hot weather in many areas...increased war in the Middle East, the economy is bad, unemployment, rioting, looting, killing, robbing, many predictions Nostradamus predicted are coming true...(and they are not encouraging)......

Yes...I am depressed...you are not alone.

I think at ATS we have (an internet family) of sorts...lets try and give to each other moral support...it will help.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Just waiting to die and be taken off this sick planet and away from the sicker people on it and wondering what the hell is taking so long. I never took extraordinary care of myself so there is no reason I should still be alive. What gives? Is that depressed?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Interesting, I wondered about that, because the last couple o weeks have been bummed out city, and my friends have bought this up to. So hopefully when the flares subside, so will this mess to some degree.
Thanks for the info.

spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When feeling a bit down, spend a week or so in media blackout.

Shut off the computer if possible, unplug the television, and go outside...focus in on whats going on around town verses around the globe.

After a few days, you will find your personality starts lightening up a bit..suddenly you don't have murderers and horrors crawling into your house (through the television) and your subconscious mind starts relaxing..we are swamping our subconscious mind with absolutely horrible things day and night, it does eventually take a toll, making us tired, a bit paranoid, mentally drained, and eventually depressed, all without fully knowing why we are feeling that way.

If that seems unlikely, and you can't stop your technological addiction, then choose a "all comedy and smiles" week...watch only funny stuff, nothing like 3 stoogers funny where its still violence and drama, but like lighthearted fun things...avoid the news like the plague, even step away from ATS and such...visit comic and trivia websites...play farmville, etc...give your subconscious a break anotherwords.

Its one thing to be aware of whats going on, its another to be enslaved by it...you have the power to form your perception of reality with just a click of a button.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I've been having many ups and downs for the last 2 years to the point of thinking I was slightly bi-polar! No reason for it either, just periods of being depressed and out of energy for no reason at all, followed by like a month long high where I felt I could do anything

Seems to have calmed down a bit since the start of Summer. Hope things get back on track for you speculativeoptimist

edit on 12/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hey caladonea, yea I figure the state of our world and people plays a part in this, but I am usually able to redirect my focus to something positive and get some temporarily relief, even if it is in a distracting fashion. I think part of it comes from looking into our future, and where I used to find something promising, I see mostly negative despair and uncertainty. Yes, I share more perspectives here at ats lately so I appreciate our supportive members.

Thanks for your response,
spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow, coming from you that is a bit disconcerting. These are trying times as has been pointed out and therein probably does lie a lot of the problem.

Your posts usually leave me feeling more optimistic so I hope this "dark cloud" passes over you soon. You are loved and appreciated here, so I bet you're gonna get some really good vibes sent your way today.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yea, that sounds like some depression there, way beyond disenchantment. Hope you, I , we can find some solace soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and cyber hugs to ya.

spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Good advice and perspective SFX, and yes, I have been sailing the cyber seas a lot lately, AND did a "I am an ATS addict thread not too long ago, and exclaimed that I would take a break, yet here I am. In my endeavors online, I do read and view numerous things, most of which would not be considered negative, but still, I think I will take your advice. Thank you

spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by newcovenant

Yea, that sounds like some depression there, way beyond disenchantment. Hope you, I , we can find some solace soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and cyber hugs to ya.

spec

Right back atcha. I try to remember...
Tomorrow is another crummy day.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Aw man, thanks for the kind words GUT, I appreciate it. Yea, I don't want to have to wish for changing my ATS name yet, so hopefully this will pass, or at least not have such a hold on me or others who share in this.
Good vibes back at ya hombre...

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Hey Fazza, thanks man, maybe I need to join in on a drum circle this wknd

Let some rhythms and melody flow thru me..

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think everyone is feeling a little down at the moment, it's fairly easy to see why...

It's hard but you have to keep fighting the good fight, always fight back with hope and positivity. It's not easy however and I've lost the battle several times during the last few months, but I'm still here

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yea man, I guess it is a battle at times, and passiveness allows too much inward flow of doom n gloom. I will try to be stronger and proactive I reckon'. Thanks DKron

spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No really feeling depressed-But man have I been feeling ODD lately...
Lethargic,sort of dizzy/fuzzy in the head,lack of appetite.
This has been going on since about the end of May,no amount of exercise or healthy eating seems to shift it.

I really hope I am wrong,but I have begun to wonder if its related to Fukushima in some way,weather that be from real or psychosomatic symptoms I don't know.
I live in the UK BTW.

Maybe the solar flares theory has something to it though?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yea, the psychosomatic angle at play only fuels the notion unfortunately, and I am trying to shun that avenue to things. I am pretty active exercise wise, which I think contributes to some mental/spiritual strength too, but that has not helped. I will try and keep my head up though, as well as take SaturnFX's advice and minimize my staring at shiny rectangles for a while.
Thanks for your comment...

spec

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You could try meditating mate, another one is working hard. Believe it or not, but when I'm feeling down if I work that little bit harder I always feel better, granted it's difficult to find the motivation to work harder than necessary when your feeling low but personally, when I do push myself in that manner I feel happier because of the sense of achievement.

Doing a good job at work also puts me in a good mood, same principle really, I feel proud of my skills and it cheers me up.

Spend some time outside and/or go have a chat with one of your best buddies, I do that every other weekend and the guy never fails to cheer me up.

Self belief as well, believe in yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I hear ya, and do practice meditation, fill my space and time with positivity and good peeps, hence my normal upbeat glass, half full kind of self. This is why I posted this thread to see if others like me were experiencing anything similar. Not trying to say positive people are better or better off, negativity and realism has it's place too, but man, no one likes feeling like they are being trapped or having their lifeforce toxified.
The 'work hard' is an integral part too, and I have had a little more idle time recently that may be part of this. Man, I used to complain about how distractions keep us from being real and whole, and today, I actually long for some distractions. The thing about work too, is that the end result seems less enticing and satisfactory. I am signing up for becoming a personal trainer/nutritionist for a career change, and hopefully helping others as well as my self may be beneficial.

Thanks again for the encouragement DK.
spec

ETA: I gotta be honest too, I have not meditated enough recently and I will return. I will try and relive the sensations described here, and the vivid recollection has helped already, so thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join