It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands riot in China over Illegal Bicycle parking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thousands of rioters took to the streets in southwestern China, with some smashing and burning vehicles, after a city official injured a female cyclist, state news agency Xinhua reported on Friday.

The riots broke out late Thursday in Guizhou province and carried on all night, with 10 police officers wounded in the violence, the report said. Rioters also blocked the city's main roads using trucks, the state-run China National Radio reported on its website.

Xinhua said the riots were set off when "chengguan" officials, responsible for low-level policing on China's streets, injured a female cyclist while trying to confiscate her bicycle for illegal parking. Source

the rioting in china has been escalating this story says thousands were rioting over this cyclist. and last month only hundreds were rioting over the beating and death of a one legged fruit cart merchant who was also illegally parked. the police were trying to confiscate his cart.

judging by the pic in the article china doesn't have a problem dealing with this type of rioting, but they have an enormous population. if this keeps getting larger I am afraid to think of what china would do to their people to teach them a lesson.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When China becomes destabilized, what will happen to their factories and who will be the next superpower when China crashes and burns.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yeah, they riot over stupid crap like this but look the other way on all the animal abuse. frankly if you arent going to riot for the right reasons, shut up.... this is coming out of a country that takes criminals out into the street and shoots them after conviction, leaving them for their family to pick them up. if its really because of what they say it is, they are as blind there, as we are here... or pure propaganda

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
China will never crash and burn.

They are very proud of their country. They just deal with corruption......American's don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I am just wondering if China has some form of (martial law).....because if they do....I believe it will happen. Well...I did a little snooping...and I found my own answer...they do have martial law...here is an interesting link.....

www2.mvusd.k12.ca.us...

edit on 12-8-2011 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 12-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
America needs to undo the decades of comfortable living and thinking that it is safe. The leaders who are running this country still continue to feed the public with their lies of safety and change, through the media. The people on a grand scale have to all vote them out and if that doesn't work then forcibly remove them from their high pedestal. Isn't that what the constitution says, paraphrasing of coarse.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

yeah, they riot over stupid crap like this but look the other way on all the animal abuse. frankly if you arent going to riot for the right reasons, shut up....

What? and the riots in the UK arent over stupid crap either?
Obviously they are rioting for the reasons they think are right or they wouldnt be doing it.
It doesnt matter what you think,they are going to do what they think is right either way.

They are very proud of their country. They just deal with corruption......American's don't.

HAHA,amerikans dont just sit by and watch the corruption of their government?
Yes they bloody well do,amerikans are no better actually.

What world are you living in?
Ohh thats right,probably your idiot boxes world...

edit on 12-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thousands...huh. Drop in the bucket compared to population.

ank↓ Country / Territory↓ Population↓ Date of estimate↓ % of World population↓ Source
- World 6,936,900,000 August 12, 2011 100% US Census Bureau's World Population Clock
China 1,339,724,852 November 1, 2010 19.31% 2010 China Census

Yup...population of China is 1.3 Billion...19.31% of the whole dang planet. Not to worry over a few thousand fussing over a minor issue.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

join