It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain is a Mess - The Inland Revenue Are Scum Chapter 2348436824

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Most people, average workers in particular, know exactly what kind of outfit the Inland Revenue are. They are the henchmen for the government, rarely will they go after tax evaders unless they know its going to be a big haul, preferring to go after the everyday working men and women who may have had one slight oversight or through no thought of their own not paid enough tax.

I just got off the phone to my mum who had a letter from the Inland Revenue claiming she owed them £800 and rightly so she was upset. My mum should be coming up to retirement but instead she is working 3 part time jobs, 7 days a week, just to keep a roof over her head, I normally get her shopping for her and have been trying to get her in to council accomadation to ease the financial burden (even though she only rents a one bedroom flat) of private renting, but anyone who knows Britain, will know that an English Middle Aged lady who works is near bottom of the list for any state help and as my partner and I can't afford to rent a bigger place, we are just getting by as best as we can.

She contacted the Inland Revenue and they said that two years ago she was working for a cleaning company, of which she did not pay any tax whatsoever. Now my mum keeps all the pay slips and she says it states in her pay slip that she has, not good enough for the Inland Revenue. As far as they are concerned your name is the one that didn't pay tax, your name is the one that owes us money, regardless of whether or not some two bit cleaning firm is swindling the tax money. She said that she can't afford to pay it, at first the woman said that she will then be taken to court. She then received a phone call afterwards by somebody else that said she won't be, but her tax code for next tax year will change and her contribtuions increase. I said to my mum, how will she know once she has paid it off, will they tell her? Will the computer automatically change her tax code back? Apparently the Inland Revenue will contact her once they are satisfied that she has paid back the full amount.

I'm sorry but I've had run ins with the Inland Revenue about tax code and they are useless at keeping up with people's right tax codes. My mum will no doubt end up paying back thousands!

I phoned the Inland Revenue and not only did they say that they would not talk to me due to data protection. They would not allow me to pay for my mum's tax bill! In fairness the only way I could pay for it would be on my credit card which I have zero balance on at the moment, but no, they wouldn't allow that at all. She would not even discuss with me why it is they won't persue the company and why they won't allow my mum to present her evidence simply stating that an individual's tax bill is their responsibility. My mum was on PAYE, the company pays it, that is who you trust to pay it! How many get their payslip look at a tax contribution and say "better check that that's ok"?

Has anybody else had experiences like this? Where these legalised criminals are allowed to rinse everyday working people and real tax dodgers are left to roam free!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats why I only deal with cash. No cheques, or credit.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the quickest and easiest way to resolve this for your mum is to contact your local mp ..give them all the details and explain your mum paid the tax and that she has pay slips proving as much ..also worth mentioning that the undue strss caused by the inland rev is worthy of you suing them ..youll be suprised what a local mp can do ,if they fail to respond use the website www.theyworkforus.com to get your mp to sort it out .

good luck and screw the buggers to the wall ..what they gonna do if your mum dont pay ..probably diddly squit as she has the payslip proof .

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eliteosbo

That's true, but she has to pay, they aren't stupid. Like I said, they've changed her tax code for next year, she will have no choice but to pay every month. So she won't be out of pocket all at once, but my argument was, that they will probably keep it going for as long as they can and also, why don't they persue the company? Why the individual who is stating as clear as day that she has proof? I always knew they were bent, I never knew just how blatant!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You have no idea what tax is.

I paid over 50% in income tax, 25% on sales tax, sometimes that could go as high as 80%

Then again, my country is not bankrupt, not lacking decent trasnport, housing healthcare etc and people have no issues contributing to society.

Are you one of those people that expect to get healthcare, and housing and benefits and transport hand over foot and dont want to pay for it?

Don't you do your taxes online every year? Always the responsibility is on the tax payer. If is up to you to check your contributions each year by a set date.

Here it is straight forward, every year, email comes out, or SMS, we log on to the government site, check everything, adjust as necessary, voala. Instant repayments or instant bills Infact you don't have to wait for that communcation each year, you can do it anytime you want. It is just closed at a set date evey year.

edit on 12-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

I appreciate that it may be an emotional subject, but if it is demonstrated that your mother owes unpaid tax then she should pay. The same rule applies to all UK tax payers. If there has been cock up then your mother should pursue it – perhaps through Citizen’s Advice.

Most tax dodgers are those who persist in the "black" or "gray" market - the cash in hand types to avoid VAT. They short change us all.

Regards

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"why don't they persue the company?"

My thoughts exactly. You would expect that we are all covered by some sort of Insurance.

I agree with 'eliteosbo' the best thing you could do to help your Mother would be to contact your local MP, as well as the Citizens advice bureau, if you haven't already.

EDIT:

Income tax is a lie, watch Aaron Russo's film 'America: From Freedom to Fascism'

It relates to the UK as well. In a sane, just and truly free world we wouldn't have to pay any Income tax.
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Get an accountant on behalf of your mother to communicate with the tax office. If your mother really does has the proof then send copies to both your local MP with attached letter, and naturally your accountant will want to sight the originals so he can copy them too.

Just because your mother says she has copies; I'd double check she in fact does have them and you need to sight them as proof.

If your mother is telling the truth, then I suggest you allow the tax office to take her to court.....with her originals to prove she did pay her tax, she will win her case.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Their the scum of the Earth right enough! They are going after the Famous Glasgow Rangers too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated. I'm going to pop around there tonight and see the pay slips my self then sort out contacting her MP and contacting Citizens Advice. I don't have an accountant and she doesn't either and to be honest neither of us can afford one, but may be the Citizens Advice can help out. If it was me, I'd let them take me to court, but I don't think she can handle the stress on top of that, they are not even allowing it to go to court, they simply changed her tax code to increase the amount that she has to pay, which to me is theft, especially if she does produce physical evidence that she has paid, or at least was lead to believe that she had paid the tax money! I will see what's going on tonight and over the weekend, but let this be a warning, these bastards will do anything and everything now to increase government income and seem to be way above the law in their eyes anyway!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I agree, but why should she pay it if she was lead to believe that the company she was working for was paying it and it stated this in her payslips? If any of us got a letter that said that and we found out it was to do with a compnay that we were working for swindling the tax money, would we be happy paying it? If it turned out that it wasn't on the payslips then its a lesson learned to check that you pay tax, but at the same time, why don't the Inland Revenue go after the company? They don't seem to care that if the company done it or is doing it to one employee, they are probably doing it to all! I may even try and get in contact with the cleaning company, see what they have to say.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sorry to read your thread I expect you are really worried for your poor Mother.

Have you sent off a copy of her pay slips which show the tax was deducted and prove she has had that money taken from her.? If not its worth doing but keep the originals as you can always take those to your local tax office if necessary.

Have you written to the firm in question or chased its owner or directors. If they have committed fraud, then its theft and try the Police. Hopefully the threat will be enough to get them to reimburse your Mother or pay her tax.

Good luck, its awful when that money has been deducted and she doesn't actually owe it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnLennon
Their the scum of the Earth right enough! They are going after the Famous Glasgow Rangers too.

If only they'd go after the institutions that deserved it....like this horrible plc in Glasgow....I think they're called "The Hoops" or something???

lol I've never liked Celtic, somet about 'em that just winds me right up!
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eliteosbo
the quickest and easiest way to resolve this for your mum is to contact your local mp ..give them all the details and explain your mum paid the tax and that she has pay slips proving as much ..also worth mentioning that the undue strss caused by the inland rev is worthy of you suing them ..youll be suprised what a local mp can do ,if they fail to respond use the website www.theyworkforus.com to get your mp to sort it out .

good luck and screw the buggers to the wall ..what they gonna do if your mum dont pay ..probably diddly squit as she has the payslip proof .

Imo they are completely out of order here. If she has PAYE receipts they don't have a leg to stand on. They are trying to bully her into paying.

Ask them for copies of the law which states that if the PAYE has been deducted by her employer and not paid by them, she is liable. They won't be able to give you one.

Get advice. MP is a good idea. Also it might be worth contacting someone in the freeman society.

Log every minute of your and your mum's time that you are putting into sorting this out. When it's resolved and proven to be their error, send them an invoice for your time at £100 an hour for sorting out their mistake.

edit on 12-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join