It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fail: Solar activity and earthquakes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In the last week there has been a lot of solar activity.
CME's, M and X class flares, leading to a lot of noise and scaremongering on ATS about how this will inevitably lead to a huge earthquake as these things SLAM into earth.

No, I'm not going to link to the threads or quote postings, there's no point.

I would just like to state, for the record, the last week has been very quiet for earthquakes.
Nothing interesting happened.
Not ANYTHING above magnitude 6 ANYWHERE in the world over the last week.
Very quiet.
A huge fail for predictions of a link between solar activity and earthquakes.

P.S. If anything does happen just after I finish typing this post, its too late. The activity has passed by.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Your conclusion is a bit slow.....

Shouldn't we have had a huge earthquake by now?,

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Refreshing to see a thread about our sun that isnt about some doomsday scenario or full of misinformation.
I am really getting sick and tired of the solar fearmongering threads that dosent have a shred of factual information.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I actually enjoy some of the idiotic fear-mongering threads.....they work kind of like a lighthouse guiding you away from danger. When I see someone pointing this-a way and screaming the sky is falling, I know I should look another direction for some real insight.

I'm pretty sure there IS a connection between the sun, alignments, interplanetary objects, flares, etc. However the predictions end up being wrong time and time again because all of the variables are not being considered. Everything in the universe is connected in a way, but its the understanding of those connections or relationships that's lacking.

I actually plan to make a prediction if I can, at best give maybe 2 days, depending on the type of seismic activity that's impending. And I will be right.

There are a ton of resources available to us as average citizens and at best, even without scientific expertise, sometimes patterns can be noticed. On March 9th there was a 7.2 quake in Japan, in roughly the same place the 9.0 took place later in on the 11th. Corresponding to the first smaller quake there was significant geomagnetic activity taking place that was detected using HAARP's induction magnetometer ( HAARP not causing ANYTHING). There were also solar flares in the previous days( on spaceweather.com) influencing the geomagnetic activity.

a day later, back on HAARP Induction mag., there was another waveform on the graph that resebled the activity of the 9th, only this time it was a larger magnitude, it began on thursday afternoon and that nite i told my buddies that theres going to be another larger quake in Japan tomorrow, fri the 11th, they shrugged it off and the world saw the devastation the next morning.

That quake was a special circumstance where you could see an initial waveform, that correlated to actual seismic activity, and follow that waveform, over a period of about two days and see an obvious increase in the magnitude, leading me to suspect another quake was impending. I was right. Period.

If ever again I see a pattern developing in the same fashion as I did before, I will point it out and I may be correct.
I have a hunch that anytime Mother nature has a big release coming, she groans first, Its up to us to listen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What if higher dimensions rule our dimension?

There is a saying: The quiet before the storm..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can't wait for the multitude of ELENIN FAIL threads
October cannot get here fast enough

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I can't wait for the multitude of ELENIN FAIL threads
October cannot get here fast enough

I guess the whole period between Sep 26h and November 11th will be interesting. Let us hope the catastrophes can be minimized and that human beings can improve their moral nature and do good for others. The ninth wave of the Mayan calendar ends on 28th of October.

en.wikipedia.org...

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Another tweak is that a sudden change in solar activity can generate social unrest(as indicated by research) or earthquakes. This time there was social unrest in the UK. Next time perhaps there is a quake. Higher powers do whatever they want to do but there is order to all of it. No need to delve into all of it, the best thing is to become a higher power yourself and ascend to your original place in this cosmos through cultivation of mind and body.

Just my two cents.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

2nd that ! Now I have to say something relevant to the topic whilst extending the length of my comment... for obvious reasons. I'm not convinced the solar activity doesn't effect the internals of earth and plate dynamics. As the sun is emitting electromagnetic radiation and belting out particles, neutrinos, photons, ions and such, then I would think it has long term consequences rather than short term effects. But I'm no scientist... yet being so close to that star is like living next to one big massive micro wave oven and hoping your sunscreen is up to standard each day..

top topics

join