It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI to spy on Survival gear customers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
FBI Asks Stores To Spy On Survival Gear Customers And Report Them As Potential Terrorists

That is the headline from this blog post

www.davidicke.com...

There is a link on that page that goes direct to the blog. Which is this link, when you click and past from here does work now, I've tried it.

http://(nolink)/2011/08/11/oath-keepers-fbi-demanding-surplus-stores-spy-customers-54401/

I don't know much about this chap as I am in UK, but he seems like a sensible chap. He also has a copy of the document from the FBI handed to shops selling such equipment. Here is some examples from the quite detailed post he made.

" The FBI is asking surplus stores to spy on identities of customers purchasing survival gear and report them as potential terrorists while the CDC scares the public into purchasing survival gear with ‘Zombie Apocalypse’ psy-op."

"
Oath Keepers Exclusive: An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handoutbeing distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as “suspicious” and “potential indicators of terrorist activities,” instructing store owners to keep records on and report people who purchase:

Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
Meals Ready to Eat
Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
High capacity magazines
Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles”
The FBI handout, entitled “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores” also instructs surplus store owners to:

“Require valid ID from all new customers.
Keep records of purchases.
Talk to customers, ask questions, and
listen to and observe their responses.
Watch for people and actions that are out of place.
Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.
If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.”
The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements” and those who “make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology.”

Seems a bit much to me. Also curious as to why Denver? OK, there is lots of info about the expansion of Denver airport with lots of questions being asked about the murals and underground tunnels etc. Also didn't the CIA announce earlier this year that they are moving their operations to Denver?

I just thought this would be important for you guys 'over the pond' to check out.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 12-8-2011 by angelchemuel because: original link didn't work

edit on 12-8-2011 by angelchemuel because: Put in second link

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I recently ordered a new bug out bag and some warm weather GI clothing. When the box arrived it was open.

Since it was UPS who delivered it nothing can be said since private air freight companies have the right to open anything they want for any reason they want. Same with Fed EX and DHL. I know this because I did air freight for years.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Oath Keepers = good guys! No doubt about that, but that doesn't mean they have not been infiltrated by now. They have been around too long now not to have been.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
good find if true. thanks for the heads up. i personally know a lot of people in my area are starting to make preperations for when tshtf as it seems to be coming closer and closer. americans love there right to privacy ESPECIALLY when it comes to these types of things i.e. guns/hunting equip/survival gear. not to be a negative nancy, but i could see mini riots starting if someone starts asking to many questions and taking down info other than what is all ready necessary to purchase a gun.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
two things first... do you have a working link????

second thing...
I wouldn't be all that surprised in just belonging to this and other web sites has but your name on someones lists...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Funnily enough, I was just reading this article.
We've been buying our stuff in dribs and drabs for a while. I think i've been paranoid since birth

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And i believe the u.s government has gone crazy nuts and paranoid... like ron paul said... the u.s had forgot how to keep there nose out of everyones buusiness..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

they keep forgetting that they work for us! they know that a big shift is going to happen in america and im betting its going to happen soon. im sure this is an effort to try to stay ahead of the game.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Of the surplus stores I have been in the interesting question is : how did YOU get into supplying all this kind of kit?
That should keep em on the back foot for a short while at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They probably want to know who they have to use extra force to take down when they decide to take us over...
I find this to be so disturbing and will spread this info to some friends preparing. Ask them to keep their eyes open for any odd activity or interest around their purchases and plans.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
can anyone confirm source?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
two things first... do you have a working link????

second thing...
I wouldn't be all that surprised in just belonging to this and other web sites has but your name on someones lists...

Hi DaddyBare,

Sorry about that, I have corrected it in my original post. It seems to work now. Sorry about that, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Of the items listed, I can see why they would want names and informal interviews. Rifle mounted bipods are not standard camping equipment nor are various patches and insignia (although not specifically mention in this thread) as they seem to target military surplus stores.

Also keep in mind that not all surplus is true surplus. many companies make things per specifications for review and are rejected by the military. The runs made are then sold to surplus stores and if popular (as they are often lower in price) are then made for surplus stores with the old "supply and demand" setting the price for profit and production.

Altama boots are a good example as you can see their "combat boots" everywhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Okay I got it...
the FBI Flier can be found here it was posted by the oathkeepers... was sent out of the Denver field office....not nation wide??? wonder if their acting on a tip???

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Okay I got it...
the FBI Flier can be found here it was posted by the oathkeepers... was sent out of the Denver field office....not nation wide??? wonder if their acting on a tip???

I live near Denver and there has been some odd military activity witnessed by myself and others in the Denver metro area very recently. I wonder when this flier went out....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wakey Uppey..........

They have been harvesting this information since the begining. On the net everyone knows everything. They can put together a higher quality file on a person from their internet traffic than they coul even begin to have a chance at otherwise.

Its already done. Surplus stores looking for jihad dorks is just a little yabba dabba to go with the tap shoes.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Okay I got it...

Here is the document.
I hope it comes out well.

Star 4 U Daddybare
SnF for the OP

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thank you for the S&F, but truly I just thought you guys over there should get a heads up.
I am wondering more about why Denver too? Not just the airport stuff, but the CIA relocating there too. Nobody's posted that they have seen this anywhere else in your country, which makes me wonder why Denver? Maybe you guys should keep an eye on the guys blogg. He seems to have done well raising people's awareness about the BP oil spill in the Gulf, so maybe he will post some more about this for you.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Funny how the US government is about the only group who does all those things in that FBI document. They left out the part about killing little children, but they do that too.

Just don't any of you DARE call the US government terrorists. Oh no. They were granted immunity from all such terms by the God they pray to.
edit on Fri Aug 12th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
you might be a terrorist:

if you go buy a firestarter from a surplus store or online
if you go buy a backpack
if you go buy a sleeping bag
if you go buy a tent

hell i was looking at opticsplanet tonite for a thermal viewer handheld kind back a few months ago there were no resitrictions on purchasing one if you had the cash.

now you gotta get government approval.

this is some stupid crap i tell you all.

ever purchase we make is being scrutinized and for what? to catch peope who aint doing nothing wrong.

this irks me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join