It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEC Investigating S&P Over Whether They Leaked News About Downgrade to Investors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is from
news.firedoglake.com...

To me, it is quite obvious that all this nonsense about the credit rating and the debt ceiling fiasco were all used by people on Wall Street to speculate.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh gee, what could have prompted this? Could it be....real criminal action? Naww..Doubtful. Could S&P really have leaked things to set themselves up for a retaliatory fall? Naww..again, I'm not convinced. I know, how about S&P directly challenged the authority and power of Barack Obama and they will now be made to pay a dear price for it. Kinda like how a certain media organization was almost thrown clear out of White House coverage because they pissed Obama off..until other media organizations just about have a revolt over it. Apparently S&P doesn't have the same supporters to defend them....they're in trouble now.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
'Revenge' was the first word which came to mind when I read this.

S&P stood up to them, and they will be punished.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

I tell you what, if someone with money played the stock market right recently, they could have made Trillions of dollars.....Hint hint USA!!!!

Down 500 points.....Buy it.....Next day up 500 points....SELL IT.......Next day same thing....This happened almost 3 days consecutively!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The lesson is simple:

Thou Shalt Not Cross The Messiah!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can let you guys in on a secret. Do you know where the S & P down grade came from. Do you think S & P is some foreign company that gave us this down grade? Maybe you should look at where the down grade came from again.

S & P's office.

www.standardandpoors.com...

Massachusetts
225 Franklin Street
15th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
617-530-8300
617-530-8334

S & P's new partner with new computer software to down grade economies.

www.standardandpoors.com... ame%3DSapient_061411.pdf&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobheadername1=content-type&blobwhere=1243 916752220&blobheadervalue3=UTF-8

Sapient Global HQ:
131 Dartmouth Street
3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02166
United States
Tel: +1 617 621 0200
Fax: +1 617 621 1300

Sapient Global Markets and Standard and Poor’s form Alliance to Offer Valuation and
Risk Management for Large Portfolios of Structured Finance Securities
Agreement addresses need for increased visibility into large portfolios of complex structured
finance instruments for more accurate risk management and compliance

So has the S & P been hijacked by Scott Brown and Mitt Romney? Don't forget when Bush needed lots of money for wars S & P also played along as property values went through the roof along with the property taxes for those properties. And you had people buying million dollar homes who could never afford to pay for them.

And how about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac down grade. Did they get one for crashing the world economy? No. But they just now got downgraded for the first time because of the downgrade for the US. Thats strange to me. Crash the world economy and your credits great. AAA+ for that.

www.nypost.com...
Just something for you guys to look at when you see this game being played right now on the news.

Don't get punked by the government like they did us with Diebold.
edit on 12-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I actually don't see any need for a political motive or agenda in the downgrade. It seems to me, S&P just called it like they saw it, despite being among the agencies called into the White House days before. The others apparently took the warning to watch themselves on action toward downgrading (my guess of what the WH meeting was likely about) and S&P said full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes. Of course news today reports quite a little torpedo in the way of federal investigations into S&P. Never say Obama doesn't keep to his threats. It would seem he sure does.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

David Dayen, is a politico, S&P is the corporates dogsbody, and have been sharply criticized in the past, (like Fannie Mae, aka Funny Money for instance), and could be in the opposing political camp if needs be, and were $2 trillion dollars out when deciding this credit rating,

SEC, should be an all party group that can only act together, and they will all know any S&P liasons if any, to other companies and where they are coming from. I would imagine that would be something already discussed, before they move on to any possible financial indiscretion. Having said that, they could all be bought and paid for, that's conspiracy for you

edit on 12-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join