It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood shows its Anti-American Agenda, Media fans the flames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is tantamount to telling terrorists/criminals its ok and fun to kidnap innocent people and strap bombs to their chests. Hollywood shows its true anti-american colors with the movie "30 minutes or less". This movie is about a pizza delivery guy who gets kidnapped and has a bomb strapped to his chest and forced to rob a bank.

Hollywood is clearly sending a message to criminals and terrorist cells that its ok to kidnap americans and strap bombs to their chests, because Hollywood will then turn it into a movie to make money off of. Unbeknownst to many americans, this is actually a real case from 2003 where a man did have a collar bomb put around his neck and was subsequently killed.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Some may believe that the man was in on the robbery, however logic dictates it cannot be so. Allegedly his girlfriend put the bomb on him, if he was in on it why would she kill him? To keep from getting caught perhaps? Not feasible when forensics labs can track down the matierals used to make these collar bombs and found out who bought the materials.

There was also a girl in Australian who was kidnapped and forced to wear a collar bomb. These terrorists and criminals get their ideas from Hollywood and the media.

abcnews.go.com...

Is Hollywood and the Media on a crusade to support terrorism? They must be, they flaunt these events all over the world so terrorists and criminals can grandstand in the spotlight and soak up the spotlight.
edit on 12-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
BRB gonna go check some foreign movies, most of the stuff america makes into movies now days is ripoffs of foreign films and usually made so much crappier too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
People wrapping themselves in explosives has been in hollywood movies forever so why all of a sudden are you thinking they are now on a mission to make it about terrorism?

And you have this one film portraying it but how many others can you think of? One film does not set a precedent.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am awfully glad to hear I am not the ONLY one to find this movie in incredibly poor taste and outright tacky. Perhaps if the world hadn't been witness to a man in EXACTLY this scenario actually be blown all over a street while the police helplessly watched, it would be fair game for another cheesy movie. However, someone did get blown to pieces by a bomb strapped onto them by others and forced to rob a bank....so Hollywood again shows their absolute lack of any human decency or compassion. Nothing new here.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My point is this isn't even remotely funny. Would you want to be the one forced to wear an I.E.D. (improvised explosive device) and forced to rob a bank or to kill innocent people? Ofcourse this type of thing is more common in places like the middle east where terrorists claim to be freedom fighters. Yes you are fighting for your freedom when you kidnap a 6 year old and turn them into a device for death. Barbarism at its worst.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ahhhh, just as voting on an amendment to a bill to improve it does not set precedence for hating children, right? Odd how your tune changes from thread to thread.

However, I do agree that I don't think there is an ulterior motive with this movie. Bombs are bombs are bombs in Hollywood. I also agree with the OP that it is sad if they are reaping the full benefits of this story. I'd like to do some research and see if any of the profits go to his family..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Movies about real crimes have been made for decades and that particular case is interesting, mainly because the person the bomb was strapped to may have been involved in the original plot. That is what I remember about it and don't know if any new evidence regarding that has come out since the incident. Good chance he was completely innocent though.

I don't think movies like this have any other purpose or even serve any other purpose than to tell the story. One of the last movies that i recall that was 'based on a true story' was Aileen Wuornos and that was a movie that was justified to make and to see different angles of the story, but then I always keep in mind that movies like this are usually just based on the actual events and there is some conjecture as to what motivated the people involved and as far as that aspect we are basically seeing the writers and directors interpretation which may very well be completely wrong. That said, i take these movies with a grain of salt and does not mean i wont watch it.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Malcher because: Adding

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I am awfully glad to hear I am not the ONLY one to find this movie in incredibly poor taste and outright tacky. Perhaps if the world hadn't been witness to a man in EXACTLY this scenario actually be blown all over a street while the police helplessly watched, it would be fair game for another cheesy movie. However, someone did get blown to pieces by a bomb strapped onto them by others and forced to rob a bank....so Hollywood again shows their absolute lack of any human decency or compassion. Nothing new here.

Except it actually did happen. Truth is stranger than fiction...usually.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Twenty years ago the Major Media was in the hands of about 100 owners. Last year this number was 5. This year it is 6. Yay, things have greatly improve!

Thomas Jefferson warned us, but we didn't listen. Bobby Kennedy took on the monopolies - last guy to do so - that should have been a big wake up call. Hey, is it time for Dancing With The Stars yet?

I am just sayin...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

Twenty years ago the Major Media was in the hands of about 100 owners. Last year this number was 5. This year it is 6. Yay, things have greatly improve!

Thomas Jefferson warned us, but we didn't listen. Bobby Kennedy took on the monopolies - last guy to do so - that should have been a big wake up call. Hey, is it time for Dancing With The Stars yet?

I am just sayin...

Actually there are far more independent film makers now than 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

As much as I despise the leftist culture of Hollywood and the moronic drooling masses that it produces, there is that pesky freedom of speech. So let them produce their trash. T'is of no concern if you don't indulge.

edit on 12-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join