It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Of Ron Paul’s Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Being extreem is what is needed in the presidency. You see what being moderate gets you with Obama...nothing. Ron Paul may voice extreem views but in a lot of cases he is dead right on the issues. You see, even an extreem president has to get things through congress. Someone with Ron's audacity could actually get things done though it would be tempered by the congress enough to filter out anything truely extreem.

Ron Paul could actually lead the country as he speaks plainly, knows what he is talking about, knows history and has wisdom that none of the others have except maybe Newt but he still tries to play politics rather than being honest like Paul.

Paul wont win but he is teaching the others who can win some important lessons along the way. Him being in there is making the one's who could win smarter.

They should make him Fed reserve chairman...now would'nt that be something.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I agree with the cronyism. But how would corporations have their ears held to the stove by Paul who wants them to have NO restrictions to how they operate?

When there are no restrictions, that means anyone can compete.

Right now it is incredibly difficult for anyone to compete.

Imagine if your business didn't get government contract work and subsidies while your competitor did. How much more difficult would it be to compete against someone that was getting their business handed to them by the government because they paid off a politician?

Paul wouldn't hold corporations ears to the stove, he would allow the market to do that for him.

What will it take for you to understand that businesses HATE competition?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by kro32

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by tooo many pills

Unfortunately it looks like it is just Iowa.

That is unfortunate. Are you basing this on polling data?

Originally posted by kro32
Perhaps he will make a comeback but with no new message he is relying on people to change their views of him from last time he ran.

I don't see why they would but you never know.

Ron Paul hasn't changed his message in 30 years, not sure why he would now. His consistency is one of his greatest assets. As to why people didn't support his views in 2008, I would argue it was mostly due to the fact that they were never exposed to his ideas. The establishment censorship and demonization was astounding.

Very few people are in support of these endless wars. People agree with the principles of freedom, liberty, and sound money. Ron Paul's biggest obstacle is one of exposure but as more people hear his message, not the media spin, the more followers he gains.

Yes I am basing that on polling dats. Go look at real clear politics and it shows Sarah Palin leading Paul and she's not even in the race.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ron Paul is not electable as a Republican...and third parties have zero chance.

I don't completely dislike the guy...think he is delusional and too extreme on some of his issues...but he will never be president because he has no filter.

It really kind of makes me sad to see all these people in love with a man who has no chance.

Yes, i agree.
It's okay for now. Lets just wait until the very next debate.
Everything will settle down soon.
----------
Flooding the polls is futile .
I try to keep an eye on realclearpolitics.com for the big picture.
I see the top 3 as:
- Mitt Romney
- Michele Bachmann
- Sarah Palin

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Being extreem is what is needed in the presidency. You see what being moderate gets you with Obama...nothing.

Did you just say Obama was "moderate"? Really? He's pretty much extreme, but has been held in check lately. If anything, Obama needs to move to a more moderate stance, and he's been forced to do so lately. He was so extreme that a democratic controlled Congress was balking at some of his plans!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

i thought what he said was leave it to the states not federal. if your states needs these laws then you push to implement them in your stae by your state and on the local level w/o federal intervention

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

He is not electable as a Republican candiate for President. Since we are talking about the presidential election, I thought that would of been clear.

Gonna have to disagree with your opinion, again.

He thinks Iran should have a nuclear bomb

Please provide the actual quotes. There are repeated interpretation issues with regards to opponents of Ron Paul.

He says he would of never voted for the civil rights bill

Please provide the exact quote if you dont mind.

He thinks affirmitive action isn't needed

I would generally agree. While I do acknowledge the plight of underprivileged Blacks and Hispanics, to suggest that Blacks and Hispanics cant succeed in America without quotas is insulting. Taking an opportunity from someone who has earned it and giving it to someone who hasn't doesn't sit right with me.

He wants all drugs legalized

Drugs are already legal, in the form of alcohol, tobacco and prescription medication. I would agree that its about time that the remaining drugs are legalized, regulated and taxed. Enough with billions spent on the failed "war on drugs" where SWAT teams are raiding homes resulting in murder.

He doesn't want to participate in any international organization

If it compromises a nation's sovereignty, neither would I. Be careful not to confuse this issue with international trade and diplomacy which he is a strong proponent of.

He thinks business should be able to discriminate based on race

Please provide the exact quote as I am very very familiar with this issue.

He wants to remove citizenship from people born of immigrants

I'm neutral on the anchor baby issue although I do think its absolutely reasonable to think that illegal immigrants are giving birth to children here in the hopes that it will grant the parents the right to stay. I can understand why he would want to remove this incentive.

He wants to abolish the minimum wage

I agree, the market should set the price of wages, why place the burden on the business owner? Yet the proponents ignore the fact that people routinely earn more than the minimum wage.

He wants to get rid of social security

Hmm, so you agree with the idea of being forced to pay into yet another failed federal government program? According to new projections from the Congressional Budget Office, Social Security will officially go bankrupt this year, paying out $45 billion more in benefits than it takes in.

He wants to get rid of federal welfare

Agreed. He wants to do away with most federal government programs. Its his position that the federal bureaucracy is filled with bloated, wasteful, government entities and that these issues should be handled on the state and local level.

Abolish federal welfare; leave it all to states.

He routinely agrees with Alex Jones (yikes).

I would argue that many people on this site agree with Alex Jones... You may be looking for the Fox or CNN forums.

Get back to me after the primary, and let me know how much of a chance he had.

I dont think its going to be an easy victory but nothing worth fighting for is.

edit on 12-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Please provide the actual quotes. There are repeated interpretation issues with regards to opponents of Ron Paul.

You can watch the video yourself. Sounds a lot like he is defending Iran's right to a nuclear weapon.

Please provide the exact quote if you dont mind.

Again...I'll let you watch it.

And he covers the next point you asked for a source...he is fine with people discriminating because he thinks the "free market" would take care of it

I'm glad you agree with so many of his positions...I'm even more glad that the majority of Americans don't.

Again...please come back after the primaries...I'm sure there will be enough "The Primary was rigged" threads around.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This makes me want to go and get my checkbook and send more money to Ron Paul!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just caught this on DRUDGE...

Ron Paul Wins Online Straw Poll

DES MOINES, IA - Texas Congressman Ron Paul has won the first-ever online Iowa straw poll, capturing a commanding 44% of the over 6,000 votes cast in an online poll sponsored by Iowa Congressman Tom Latham's campaign. The results of the two-week online poll (located at: onlineiowastrawpoll.com) were announced one day before Saturday's Ames Straw Poll, which is considered by most as the first real test of a presidential candidate's organizational strength in Iowa.

www.kcautv.com...

I am psyched!!! Best of luck to Dr Paul tomorrow!
edit on 12-8-2011 by robyn because: add url

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't completely dislike the guy...think he is delusional and too extreme on some of his issues...but he will never be president because he has no filter.

It really kind of makes me sad to see all these people in love with a man who has no chance.

So are you suggesting we should simply not vote for Ron Paul because he "can't win"?

This is a clear example of what is wrong with American Politics. People are too concerned with backing the winner instead of taking the time I look into and understand just what type of policies they would attempt to bring to the table. Elections are not sporting events. Stop worrying about who can win and vote based on what you believe in. If you cant do that, then do the whole world a favor and stay home on election day.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I still have to listen to all of the presidential candidates, however, first impression of republican candidates, Ron Paul has my vote as of yet.

I have been so dismayed in ALL of the presidential candidates since I have been old enough to be able to vote, and have kept my votes to myself, but I do believe if Ron Paul makes it all the way to elections, he will have my vote, so far anyways.

I had high hopes for Obama, however did not vote because I felt that even Obama was a puppet, he talked the talk, and promised a lot, but something just didn't seem right to me.

I don't think Ron Paul is a puppet. In fact, from everything I have read about the man, I really like him.
The only thing I think I have a problem with is that he seems a little timid, and if you are going to be president, you have to have a backbone of some kind. I am keeping watch on him to see how much of a backbone he really has, if he proves to me that he has a backbone, after everything he has said, he has my vote.

It is about time someone gets to a place where they can stand up and tell people like it is. We are going broke, our military policies are killing us, we need to rethink where we are going as a country.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No, by all means...vote for him...please do...that is your right and you should exercise it.

But please do not inflate his chances and please do not come back here after he loses the primary and claim the election was rigged.

That's all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

hes to the pomt unless your blinded by lies

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning the nomination of the GOP. And here's a couple of reasons why.
1. In case you haven't noticed the GOP hates him because he is the last true conservative in office. And the GOP has turned their backs on being conservative.
2. He speaks out against big money too much. You can't bite the hand that feeds you and expect to win.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ron is speaking as our forefather, we should listen all the way through to the whitehouse and beyond. you want to stop wars? stay home

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Are we going to let the main stream media elect our president yet again? People, we got to pull our collective heads out of our posteriors and put a person in the white house that has the peoples best interest in his heart and mind. We will not have that as long as the MSM chooses for us. Dr. Paul is the best candidate running in any party right now. We can't let Faux News railroad the American voters into someone they can and will control through Israel and their wholly owned main stream media. He SCARES them and that is what we need! Don't contact the news services themselves and complain, go to their advertisers and tell them you won't buy their products if they continue to advertise with them. Hit Murdoch and the rest in the pocket book.

The next problem will be the electronic/computerized voting machines. They will be programmed to elect the PTB's choices. No one can seem to get rid of or want to get rid of these things. I cannot advocate violence but instead of marching on Washington, go down to the warehouse these things are kept and destroy them. Only then will the American people have a legitimate election with paper ballots.

Remember, I'm from Israel and I'm here to fix your electronic/computerized voting machines.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul speaks the truth, and it resonates strongly.

It’s amazing how the sound of truth achieves a dominant resonance, in contrast to the weaker frequencies of propaganda, corruption, ignorance, and lies.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I will get banned for this I am sure but you are a hypocrite to the highest order. I have a hard time accepting the idea another man's idea's of peace and prosperity are "extreme" when you have an alien with head phones in your avatar. Foolish statements...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
LOVE his comments on "terrorists" and who labels someone a terrorist.

These are the issues that are stripping us of our freedoms.

RP2012!

thanks for the video OP S+F

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join