It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Of Ron Paul’s Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ames, Iowa, GOP Debate: Paul Schools Santorum, Bachmann on Iran, War
www.thenewamerican.com...

Ron Paul Wins Online Iowa Strawpoll By a Massive Margin
www.kcautv.com...

Ron Paul on Google Trends
www.tomwoods.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Go Ron Paul. I love that he stand alone against the tornado of crazy that goes on around him. He is the Buddha of right wing politics.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ron Paul is not electable as a Republican...and third parties have zero chance.

I don't completely dislike the guy...think he is delusional and too extreme on some of his issues...but he will never be president because he has no filter.

It really kind of makes me sad to see all these people in love with a man who has no chance.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
S + F.

Wish I had found this last night, I wouldn't have had to waste my time listening to the others...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thanks, I watched a little of it last nite. I love the applause he got after every answer. People Are Paying Attention!!! Let’s hope it is not just Iowa.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Unfortunately it looks like it is just Iowa.

Perhaps he will make a comeback but with no new message he is relying on people to change their views of him from last time he ran.

I don't see why they would but you never know.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I don't completely dislike the guy...think he is delusional and too extreme on some of his issues...but he will never be president because he has no filter.

It really kind of makes me sad to see all these people in love with a man who has no chance.

I think the other GOP and Democratic candidates are warmongers that want to invade multiple countries, continue the war on drugs, and subsidize banks/industry with tax payer money.

Therefore I think you are a delusional extremist for supporting them.

Well Said.

What Ron Stands for is liberty without the interference of big goverment having their hands on every little aspect of our lives. We have no infrastructure to support the entitlement programs such as welfare/medicare/unemployment.

If people believe we can sustain our economy with never ending spending they will have a rude wakeup call when our cities start to burn like Europe/Mid East cities recently. It is not too far off, our total economic collapse with the pattern our leaders have been following the past few decades.

Something needs to change, and Ron Paul best exemplifies that change!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Of-course Ron Paul is electable as a Republican, he's an 11 term Republican Congressman, so I have to disagree with you there. But I do agree that the Republican bosses that run the party do not support Ron Paul.

A third party candidate will do as well as we want him to. The time has come to break the strangle hold of the 2-headed 1-party system. America has had enough.

I often see people criticize/attack Ron Paul but rarely see any substance. The criticism generally amounts to name calling or personal attacks. "Too extreme, delusional , no filter", could you be more specifc?

I would also disagree with you that he "has no chance". I think Ron Paul's candidacy will not be an easy one primarily because the entire establishment (Left and Right) have consciously demonized and censored him. Again, the time has come to fight for a candidate worthy of our support. We're sick of voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your statement is weak. You think Ron Paul is delusional and too extreme? What about Bush an Obama? It really makes me angry that people like you after 10 years of pointless invasion wars, the creation of the police state, the housing market and failing economy still do not get it. It really makes me sad that ignorant people still get to vote. The problem is the whole system filter or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Except, that he 'won' the first debate in South Carolina too.

He is obviously not the media's choice though.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by tooo many pills

Unfortunately it looks like it is just Iowa.

That is unfortunate. Are you basing this on polling data?

Originally posted by kro32
Perhaps he will make a comeback but with no new message he is relying on people to change their views of him from last time he ran.

I don't see why they would but you never know.

Ron Paul hasn't changed his message in 30 years, not sure why he would now. His consistency is one of his greatest assets. As to why people didn't support his views in 2008, I would argue it was mostly due to the fact that they were never exposed to his ideas. The establishment censorship and demonization was astounding.

Very few people are in support of these endless wars. People agree with the principles of freedom, liberty, and sound money. Ron Paul's biggest obstacle is one of exposure but as more people hear his message, not the media spin, the more followers he gains.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The more they try to trap Ron Paul in extreme questioning, the more loved he gets.

Hes no fool, and anyone trying to trap him into such a category is only hurting their own cause.

Especially that fool saying Bomb Iran, and pretty much trying to STEAL Rons spotlight. Sadly, didnt work out too well for him now did it?

Ron Paul has my vote locked in. 2012.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

At this point in the 2008 election everyone thought Barack Obama wasn't a contender. All he had was polished Toastmaster persona, a blank slate (since he really hadn't accomplished much) and the ability to tell everyone what they wanted to hear.

Ron Paul's positions are only extreme if you consider the Constitution extreme and those souls who wrote it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Of-course Ron Paul is electable as a Republican, he's an 11 term Republican Congressman, so I have to disagree with you there. But I do agree that the Republican bosses that run the party do not support Ron Paul.

He is not electable as a Republican candiate for President. Since we are talking about the presidential election, I thought that would of been clear.

I often see people criticize/attack Ron Paul but rarely see any substance. The criticism generally amounts to name calling or personal attacks. "Too extreme, delusional , no filter", could you be more specifc?

Well let's see. He thinks Iran should have a nuclear bomb, he says he would of never voted for the civil rights bill, he thinks affirmitive action isn't needed, he wants all drugs legalized, he doesn't want to participate in any international organization, he thinks business should be able to discriminate based on race, he wants to remove citizenship from people born of immigrants, he wants to abolish the minimum wage, he wants to get rid of unemployment insurance, he wants to get rid of social security, he wants to get rid of federal welfare....oh and last but not least...he routinely agrees with Alex Jones (yikes).

Yes...he isn't extreme or delusional at all

I would also disagree with you that he "has no chance". I think Ron Paul's candidacy will not be an easy one primarily because the entire establishment (Left and Right) have consciously demonized and censored him. Again, the time has come to fight for a candidate worthy of our support. We're sick of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Get back to me after the primary, and let me know how much of a chance he had.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Ron Paul's positions are only extreme if you consider the Constitution extreme and those souls who wrote it.

Or if you happen to like a minimum wage, labor laws preventing total abuse, and fear corporations that can run unchecked and unhindered.
If he was running on his foreign policy alone without all the laissez faire business, I'd vote for him, hell, I'd campaign for him. But there are enough companies being allowed to slide and folks ending up injured or dead due to safety restrictions falling to the wayside for profits.
edit on 12-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just love how every time Ron Paul wins these debates and clearly wins the support of the crowd, the MSM and the so-called "experts" say it's just because of his "cult following".

The fact is, he's the only candidate that speaks the cold hard truth and gives direct answers to hard questions without beating around the bush. He's making the real truth a popular fad, and people are starting to listen. Blame that on a "cult following" if you wish, but no other candidate has consistently won the support of the crowd like he has, because no other candidate can face up to reality.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
Or if you happen to like a minimum wage, labor laws preventing total abuse, and fear corporations that can run unchecked and unhindered.

Minimum wage laws were lobbied for by white unions to price blacks out of the labor market.

Labor laws are unnecessary in a voluntary work environment, because anyone who is being abused by their employer can quit without fear of reprisals. It is literally impossible for any employer to abuse their employees and stay in business.

Corporations own the government through campaign financing and control the regulatory bodies. The vast majority of regulations on business were created by business in order to put up barriers to entry into the market and to eliminate competition. Business are also responsible for lobbying for subsidies, government contracts, bailouts, and other forms of cronyism that by-pass the market by getting politicians to buy products instead of individual consumers.

edit on 12-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Think what you are saying. If NO third party candidate can be elected (understanding that Dr. Paul is not a 3rd party candidate) we are forever stuck with the Republicans and Democrats. Considering that anyone with a clue is coming to the realization that we are getting intentionally and increasingly screwed by BOTH parties, what hope is there? No member of either established (Reps and Dems) party is ever going to change anything. They are bought and paid for --- every last one. You could elect anyone to either party and they would be corrupted before they even warmed their seat.

The ONLY hope we have is if we can stop our two-party political bickering, throw every single established poltician out of office and force a Ctrl-Alt-Del of this country by electing third party candidates across the board. Only people who are not already owned have a chance. And then it's up to us to keep it that way. Nothing will change any other way. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by the owlbear

Minimum wage laws were lobbied for by white unions to price blacks out of the labor market.

Labor laws are unnecessary in a voluntary work environment, because anyone who is being abused by their employer can quit without fear of reprisals. It is literally impossible for any employer to abuse their employees and stay in business.

Corporations own the government through campaign financing and control the regulatory bodies. The vast majority of regulations on business were created by business in order to put up barriers to entry into the market and to eliminate competition. Business are also responsible for lobbying for subsidies, government contracts, bailouts, and other forms of cronyism that by-pass the market by getting politicians to buy products instead of individual consumers.

edit on 12-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

I agree with the cronyism. But how would corporations have their ears held to the stove by Paul who wants them to have NO restrictions to how they operate? Goodbye family farms, hello crazy gmo hog lots and corn that can kill insects that eat it. And how hard would people work in the sweatshops for $5 an hour these days? You think there is a revolution now, but I'm not afraid of any of it...the powers that be are just trying to get you distracted from their mad grab at the money now before the REAL bottom falls out.

And as for workplace right abuse...please tell me you're not serious. A person first of all can't "just quit" when the Walmart they work for makes them work overtime without pay, cuz they ran all the other businesses out of town, and what happens when the lawsuit is brought up? Guess who plays golf with the judge and lawyers on the weekend? It isn't the employee. But the store manager.
edit on 12-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join