It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convenient way to browse ATS on a mobile device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hello,

is there a App or a plugin in development to browse the ATS-Forums in a convenient way on a mobile device?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
Hello,

is there a App or a plugin in development to browse the ATS-Forums in a convenient way on a mobile device?

I recently was looking for the same thing. I have found that there is an ATS Live app in the itunes store, i suppose for listening in to the radio show, but no app for the forum. The mobile site fr ATS lacks alot in my book, but the Safari browser n the iPhone does do a good job with the main site.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Posting from my android here, I often read ATS from my phone and would love to see a smart phone version of ATS. I know this feature is common in some other forums out there, so this idea definitely has my vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dacruz

Right now, we only have m.abovetopsecret.com which is a piss poor substitute IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by dacruz

Right now, we only have m.abovetopsecret.com which is a piss poor substitute IMO.

You have a bad attitude Mister...

But, I agree...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I wasn't aware of this version, thanks! But anyhow, I am sure that there is a strong demand for an exclusive ATS-App for Android and iOS

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We are indeed working on an app for Android and iOS devices, however, our developer is focused on a couple other items at the moment.

BUT...

Whatever app we launch will likely not be a full-ATS experience in an app, and will likely be some kind of "BEST OF" app that focuses on the hottest and most-flagged topics.

The reason is that we're also working on a fully mobile-optimized version of the site, that would actually end up working better than an app, and require no software downloads.

Stay tuned.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Using a third party browser (at least on android) can provide the full site. Some browsers can spoof the site and pretend to be a desktop. This prevents your phone and/or network from redirecting to the mobile version. The browser I use is called Dolphin HD. There are others that provide the same capabilities as well. Of course you'll need the hardware and bandwidth to make this option enjoyable.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am also looking forward to this; as I recently got an Iphone 4 and was excited to download an ATS app. and saw that only the ATS Live app. was available.

Would you foresee the new app. to be free?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'd highly recommend Opera Mini (mini.opera.com). There's a mobile view switch in it too, in case you don't like how it formats web pages. Plus it should save you cash when browsing.

new topics

top topics

join