It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul; Let Iran Have the Bomb

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Ron Paul said Iran doesnt have an air force he is sadly mistaken them for Iraq lol

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
While I agree it's not our call to make, and we need to stop being Israel's protector that they don't even need...Iran isn't exactly stable, and I could see situations where they may do something stupid, such as if the young people there stage another, more successful uprising. I can easily see the mullahs lighting everything up, instead of going the way of Mubarak, on trial in a cage. But, again, we need to pull back, and worry about this country. Israel can take care of itself, if it truly feels there's a threat.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Guess Who's Building Nuclear Power Plants?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Blast from the past. Don't ya love the ever-shifting geopolitical landscape?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

And we torture behind closed doors. What's your point? There are no civilized nations, only nations that hide their respective barbarism better.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
He didn't say let them have the bomb. He said it's none of our business.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Is that you Georgie??
Hows the weather on the Ranch?
Say Hi to the Bin Ladens for me..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think Dr. Paul was hinting at a bigger and broader issue, effectively saying that America is NOT the global police force. If we would stay out of the business of other countries then they probably wouldn't be angry with us in the first place.

I just had a thought, and it was something kinda like this:

It won't be the country that fires a nuclear missile that starts the nuclear war, it will be the country that retaliates. Is there any truth to that thought? I mean what would retaliation accomplish? More strikes is what it would accomplish.

If the missile was shot down by our grid system before it could reach us and kill anyone, what would be the need for retaliation? These are just thoughts mind you, that I just had...Speaking out loud. What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Iran is conducting public hangings from cranes and stoning women to death and your calling them civilized. Sure let's let em have nukes too.

That's funny

The New World War III Order has already started.
Appeasement will not win it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Telling other countries whether or not they can have nukes is like telling you and I whether or not we can have guns. None of our business. Allowing ourselves to keep nukes, but telling other countries they can't have them at all, is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Dictating weapons policies to foreign countries is not in our constitution.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I guess we only want our "natural, inalienable rights" to apply to ourselves, and not other countries. Right to bear arms includes nukes, folks. Iran has every right under the sun to exert that right. They have just as much as a right to that as the USA.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am a big fan of our country minding our own business.

No more foreign humanitarian or military aid. Israel has been sucking our teat dry since 1949.

You have to put people on notice. Any attack on the US by Iran, or it's cohorts with WMD's will be met with everything up to, and including the nuclear annihilation of the state of Iran.

We pull out of the middle east, and Iran still wants to cause problems? Goodbye.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
If Ron Paul said Iran doesnt have an air force he is sadly mistaken them for Iraq lol

Iran has no Air Force.

They've got a few clunkers from the 1950's...some American F-14's they can't get parts for to fly. And that's about it.

Iran has no Air Force.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I doubt if Ron Paul will win but he has alot of good old fashion common sense.One always has to ask themselves what would happen if we just let the whole middle east have nuclear bombs.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If Iran attacked Israel they would be totaly wiped out by the U.S. and Israel.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think I figured out why the US doesn't like Iran.

They hate our freedoms.

They build their laws based on an old religion.

They support terrorism around the world.

They jail, torture, and murder their own people over stupid stuff.

They want weapons of mass destruction to use against their own people and others.

I guess our government just doesn't want the competition.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Americans start riots over football games and torture pow's. Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
He didn't say let them have the bomb. He said it's none of our business.

isn't that the same thing?

it's political speak.

i'm sure there are iranians right now trying to figure out how to get this guy in office.

not to mention NK and any of our other err..."enemies"

believe it or not, we do have some no matter what we do.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How can people even get mad over Ron Paul at this?

Why are people afraid of Iran having a nuclear bomb/missile and detonating it? Pakistan even detonated a nuclear bomb! Separate yourself from the fearmongers and warmongers for a second and ask yourself two very important questions. 1. Even if Iran had a nuclear bomb, would they actually have what it takes to drop it or fire it at the United States. 2. Even if they wanted to, would they have the capabilities to fire a nuclear missile from such a distance and actually hit their target? Bombers would be no good because the Coast Guard, Navy and Air Force have bases all set up on the Eastern Coast, those bombers would go to the bottom of the Ocean before they even got to open the hatch!

Thirdly, why are people worried about -IRAN-? The United States of America has been majorly involved in wars over the past 100- some years. First, count the major wars... World War 1, World War 2 (Remember WE dropped two nuclear bombs on CIVILIAN targets, we could have just dropped them on Military targets to end the War the same way but with LESS civilian deaths, but we didn't!), Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War, Iraq War, Afghanistan War... and then in between all of those wars you have much smaller wars we have intervened in such as the current Libyan War and in the 1990's the Battle of Mogadishu. We've had dozens of staged coups, assassinations and interventions in between these major wars, to top that all off! - To add onto the FUN!: When we aren't directly involved in a war, we usually pay millions to billions of dollars to one of the belligerents with training and weapons, to help kill off the other side! So virtually; America CANNOT stay out of War, not to mention we have spent billions if not trillions in weapons manufacturing and Defense Systems as well as nuclear ballistics. And people are worried about IRAN? This is a joke!

This is nothing more than more warmongers and fearmongers hating on Ron Paul over this. Even North Korea has nuclear weapons, they threaten to use them all the time, in fact there's more than likely, statistically speaking, a bigger chance of North Korea using them over Iran!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RedOrchestra

Well put. Thank you.

The old adage "sex sells" has almost been trumped by "fear sells". And when something sells, someone profits -either monetarity or a gain in control. TV and radio talking heads are constantly telling us to be afraid - be VERY afraid.. Consequently, I hardly watch TV anymore.

The regular media often only tells the official story so the public is left with a very incomplete, inaccurate portrayal of the facts. But think they think it's true because soneone on TV told them.

I started this thread to gain feedback on how to respond to those who have been progammed to fear the different elements in the Middle East and bought the disinfo that Paul is an isolationist.

Ron Paul has his work cut out for him when it comes to combating the fear mongering/war mongering factions of the gop.

If anyone can do it, he can. I'd really love to see the peace in our day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join