It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Feldman: "Pedophilia is Hollywood's Biggest Problem"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I grew up watching Corey Feldman. He was my era's teen heartthrob. I'm so glad that he was able to avoid becoming one of the destroyed childhood stars and I'm happy to hear him speaking out now about pedophilia in Hollywood.

Many people turn a blind eye to this. They either can't or won't believe that this could be happening. Why not? I ask. You have rich people, access to drugs, and parents who are more concerned with money than their child's welfare. These circumstances combine to create a toxic and abusive environment for children.

Article:
scoop.today.com...

From the article:

Feldman says that child fame can be damaging, and attributes the harm caused to kids in the business to a large, unspoken problem -- pedophilia. "I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia. That's the biggest problem for children in this industry. ... It's the big secret," Feldman said.

Feldman went on to assert that pedophilia contributed to the early death of his friend Corey Haim, pointing the finger at one person in Hollywood, but stopping short of naming him. "There's one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim. And that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul. And that person needs to be exposed, but, unfortunately, I can't be the one to do it," he said.

May Corey Haim rest in peace.

I encourage everyone to read this short article and watch the video. The interview airs tonight. It's called "Underage and Famous" and here is a link to a more detailed article discussing the show.
abcnews.go.com...

Usually I wouldn't applaud the MSM, but I'm happy that ABC is airing this disgusting fact and putting it into the mainstream.

I just hope that nothing happens to Mr. Feldman. He's not saying who the Hollywood mogul is who contributed to Haim's death and I wouldn't doubt that he is aware that people are killed for revealing such information.

Let's all stand behind Corey Feldman right now. I applaud his bravery and wish nothing but the best for him.
Love you, Mr. Feldman! Best wishes to you and yours!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

This is a topic a lot of people side step. They end up blaming the victim for one reason or another. You are very brave and correct to shine a light on an ugly topic that needs to be exposed for the dirty secret it is. S&F.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm so glad that he was able to avoid becoming one of the destroyed childhood stars

You obviously haven't been following his exploits since the 80s then. It is good to see him talking about this, but without actually having the balls to expose anyone, is it even going to make a difference? Is it any surprise this is happening? Not to me, the depravity of the dark side of human nature almost ensures it.

Why can't he name names? He wouldn't even be talking about this if it didn't affect him directly in some way. I sincerely hope this is his attempt to shed light on it, and the first step at action towards ending it, and not a mere sympathy PR ploy.

+48 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Toddlers and Tiaras. That show is beyond disgusting

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Let's all stand behind Corey Feldman right now. I applaud his bravery and wish nothing but the best for him.

He is extremely brave to speak out....and I wish more would. This is an old problem in the industry, and I fear many child actors do not get a taste of success unless they partake.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have little reason to doubt what he says and I wish he would actually name some names. It would be the end of career to be sure, not that he has much of one left anyways, but think of all the good he could do.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I am quite aware of what has been going on.
Why are you attacking me and looking down on Mr. Feldman for not naming names. Once others see that he was brave enough to discuss this topic, others will come forward, too. Hopefully once there is a band of people who can stand together against the pedophiles, the names will be revealed. People are killed for revealing such information, or haven't you heard this? Mr. Feldman is obviously thinking of his family, which he should. Shame on you for not even applauding him for being brave enough to take the first step.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

Edit to Add: He is at least revealing the real reason for his friend's death. This is another brave effort on his part and believes that the truth needs to be revealed about why his friend is not among the living today. I'm sure he's still very angry about this. I remember hearing how torn up Corey Feldman was about this, too.

Here's an article discussing Feldman's reaction to Haim's death:
www.popeater.com...

Here's an article discussing Haim's death:
articles.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

edit on 12-8-2011 by homeslice because: possibly in bad taste

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And my daughter doesn't understand why we cant move back to California so she can be in the *movies* ....

Example: Disney-
We all know Disney is full of perverts! The hit TV shows like Victorious, I Carly etc are very promiscuous with dress and interaction....its subtle but noticeable enough to see these things come out in my 8 yr old who wants to be like them...

As always, pay attention to your childrens interactions with adults.

Role play with them regarding certain situations they could find themselves in...

What DO your children say when a stranger asks them to come see a puppy, or if they have candy.....
It goes the same for people you know.

People in Hollywood, are more apt to be out in the open, you just have to pay attention!!

S&F for the post!

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well now, let's think about this for a minute. Let's say Mr Feldman does know something. Something horrible about someone big. Something so horrible and someone so big, that it could get him killed.

Now he's publicly admitted that, which tells "Mr Big" that Corey is a loose cannon. What keeps him safer - spilling what he knows so Mr Big can't act without calling some serious attention to the situation and eventually admitting guilt through his actions, or maintaining this coy pose?

He's in bigger danger saying he knows something and stopping there, than he would be if he just said what he knows.

Assuming he knows anything about anyone.

The guy's always struck me as an attention-starved D-List celeb willing to do just about anything if it gives him a little bit of a spotlight.

So no. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I think he's either entirely full of hot air, or a coward. One or the other, in my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I thought Corey Haim died from drugs. You may attribute that to a pedaphile but it may have just been part of the system he got caught up in.

Feldman obviously knows that by naming names any chance of acting again would be shot so he is putting his own needs ahead of any care he has to see justice done for his friend.

Pitiful

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Have been thinking about the pedophilia pandemic - and the book Tess of the D'Urbervilles. As I recall, syphilis was rampant in London during that time - and "nobles" routinely ravished country virgins to avoid the (untreatable and incurable) plague.

Sounds a lot like today.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
He's nothing more than a attention whore. He hasn't done anything worthwhile since The Lost Boys. His music is horrible. Of course he is upset about a pedophile 'cuz he has his own issues of abuse to deal with. Just come clean and admit Michael Jackson abused you!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is what child actors have to do to function after being the victim of a pedophile:

In Haim's words:

"I started on the downers, which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he said.

articles.nydailynews.com...
(I linked to this article in one of my earlier posts, but I just wanted to post Haim's comment)

Feldman tried to get him to stop and wanted him to seek help, but I guess he needed to medicate himself to deal with the pain from the sexual abuse and the frustrations he felt about keeping the secrets of what he had to endure.

It's so very sad. These disgusting pedophile freaks most likely get their victims hooked on the drugs. All of them need to die a slow and painful death for the pain and misery they have inflicted on so many children.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I understand that the guy died of complications from pneumonia and heart problems, with no drugs involved. Not sure what Feldman is up to or on about but its just a bunch of blunt accusations and hearsay so far.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Feldman obviously knows that by naming names any chance of acting again would be shot

If pedophilia really is "Hollywood's biggest problem", then he's already done that by going this far.

If it isn't, then he's done just exactly what he wanted to do - call as much attention to himself as possible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It wouldn't be too difficult to narrow it down to who this movie mogul might be.
All it would take is to see who was involved with Haims early movies and make a short list.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by i8miceb4

So, you think he's a has been and believe that he's an attention whore because he is no longer in films. Your comment is pathetic.

If I were a child actor and knew what he knew, I'd be a has been, too. If I knew I was working beside a bunch of sick freaks, I wouldn't want to put any money in their pockets either! Why devote my precious time and energy to line their slimy pockets? No way!

I'd rather be a Hollywood has been than a pawn in the sick game.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Well now, let's think about this for a minute. Let's say Mr Feldman does know something. Something horrible about someone big. Something so horrible and someone so big, that it could get him killed.

Now he's publicly admitted that, which tells "Mr Big" that Corey is a loose cannon. What keeps him safer - spilling what he knows so Mr Big can't act without calling some serious attention to the situation and eventually admitting guilt through his actions, or maintaining this coy pose?

He's in bigger danger saying he knows something and stopping there, than he would be if he just said what he knows.

Assuming he knows anything about anyone.

The guy's always struck me as an attention-starved D-List celeb willing to do just about anything if it gives him a little bit of a spotlight.

So no. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I think he's either entirely full of hot air, or a coward. One or the other, in my opinion.

From what I've read elsewhere, that is completely incorrect. I have heard that whistleblowers are tolerated UNTIL they provide evidence. Once they provide evidence (and names) they are taken out.

I'm sorry you have nothing positive to say about someone who has had the courage to speak out about something so horrendous. But like the OP said, some people would rather point the finger at the victim than accept the painful reality.
edit on 12-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Flighty

That's a dangerous road. A witch hunt like that could seriously damage in a most libelous way someone's reputation. Hollywood is a fairly small town. You wouldn't necessarily have to be on a project with someone to have an opportunity to abuse them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join