Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Newt Wins the Fox Debate by Standing Above The Boring Politicians August 11, 2011

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That was an impressive debate. Newt won the battle but Mitt Romney won the war.
Bachmann and Pawlenty cancelled each other out with there pointless bickering.
Ron Paul blew it by dismissing Iran as nothing to worry about.
Withdrawing all of our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan looks really great on paper but
it fails the reality test. - Sorry Ron, you're out. -
-----------
Newt started out by - BLASTING - Chris Wallace FNS with a Stop with the Gotcha questions!
Then he hit a home run by BLASTING the 12 member Super Committee that will
apparently either - raise taxes OR gut defense.
That's like saying we can either shoot you in the head or cut off your right leg.
What's it going to be?


Newt wins the battle BUT
------------
Mitt Romney however wins the war because he has a mountain of cash to fund a
powerful presidential campaign.




posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Didnt the other threads say Ron Paul was leading by a massive margin in the polls on the debate???



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I can assure you of this. Regardless of the outcome, Newt is far the superior when it comes to brains and knowing the world around us compared to the others. The problem is The Electronic Ballot Box. They will always elect who they want with it !! Bush Jr was the first to steal the election with it.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Having watched the debate last night, I don't think Newt did that good of a job. He did alot of political side stepping and avoiding the issues, by giving the answers that people wanted to hear. His voice lacked the conviction.
Cain and Paul gave direct answers, and the biggest issue that many is going to affect the next election is the economy and the lack of jobs in the USA. Newt may be a very good politician, however, without the experience of running a business, then the next guy either has to have a good team advising him or her, and listening to said advice, or it is going to be 4 more years of a rotten economy.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Mitt Romney however wins the war because he has a mountain of cash to fund a
powerful presidential campaign
.


You are probably right and that's what really worries me......


Peace



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ron Paul blew it by dismissing Iran as nothing to worry about.
Withdrawing all of our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan looks really great on paper but
it fails the reality test. - Sorry Ron, you're out. -




I would disagree on that. According to polls

RP Wins Online Straw Poll



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah
 


Fox Debate Poll

And, yes, Ron Paul is on top by almost 10,000 votes. Try finding a link to this page anywhere on Fox News' home page today...I couldn't find it, had to go into my history from last night. No stories of Ron Paul on their home page either. Go figure.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah
 


Ron Paul ALWAYS wins the straw polls. His organization always stacks the deck
with Ron Paul supporters flooding the system.
The national polling data reveals the truth.
It's down to 3.
Mitt Romney
Michelle Bachmann
Sarah Palin
-----------
A simple protest vote would elect any of the above capitalists in 2012.


I know there are A LOT of Ron Paul supporters here on ATS but i'm sorry. It's over.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Newt is a professional politician.. and while he had his moments, the two things that I agreed with him on were the disgust he showed towards the current Congress and the President for going on vacation, and the formation of the super committee.. He will never get my vote.

Romney once again shows up looking like the 2011 version of "Max Headroom" (never liked what he has to say so I am biased against him
)

I was disappointed with Ron Paul, because after years of trying to get the nomination, you would think that he would have taken some time with his public speaking.. He still comes off as a ranting old man, with no focused answers, a shame since I do like alot of his positions concerning liberty, I just can't envision him as the President.

Pawlenty, Bachmann, Santorum were too busy trading punches to make a positive impact or further their chances.. IMO..

The only two that I thought came up with some good ideas, and performed relatively well were Cain and Huntsman, though I think their chances are slim, they need to keep with the good showing so the media starts taking them seriously.

All in all it was entertaining, looking forward to the next debate in September down in Florida.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
newt was loud grumpy and rude...he did not win the debate...Mr. Paul however shined.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn
 





I was disappointed with Ron Paul, because after years of trying to get the nomination, you would think that he would have taken some time with his public speaking.. He still comes off as a ranting old man, with no focused answers, a shame since I do like alot of his positions concerning liberty, I just can't envision him as the President.


This is the problem in a nutshell...

America needs to get over this pre-determined set of rules of what is "Presidential". Ron Paul doesn't look like a president, he doesn't talk like a president. He's not presidential. He stammers a lot.

So what? He is the only candidate that makes any sense at all.

This entire debate process is pointless anyway though, we all know the Bilderburg approved Rick Perry will get the nomination.

Because he looks and talks the most "presidential"



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Newt is a professional politician.. and while he had his moments, the two things that I agreed with him on were the disgust he showed towards the current Congress and the President for going on vacation, and the formation of the super committee.. He will never get my vote.

Romney once again shows up looking like the 2011 version of "Max Headroom" (never liked what he has to say so I am biased against him
)

I was disappointed with Ron Paul, because after years of trying to get the nomination, you would think that he would have taken some time with his public speaking.. He still comes off as a ranting old man, with no focused answers, a shame since I do like alot of his positions concerning liberty, I just can't envision him as the President.

Pawlenty, Bachmann, Santorum were too busy trading punches to make a positive impact or further their chances.. IMO..

The only two that I thought came up with some good ideas, and performed relatively well were Cain and Huntsman, though I think their chances are slim, they need to keep with the good showing so the media starts taking them seriously.

All in all it was entertaining, looking forward to the next debate in September down in Florida.


Be honest. Can you even remember what Bachmann and Pawlenty were bickering about???
--------
Cain and Huntsman should bow out and make room for Rick Perry and Sarah Palin
on the stage. Cain and Huntsman have great ideas but they just don't have the
required firepower to win.

You got Ron Paul right. Ranting old man.
Like i said earlier, pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan looks absolutely beautiful on paper
but it fails the reality test. - Bye Ron. -



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 


I disagree. The debate was not pointless.
It was imperative for NEWT to BLAST that asinine 12 member Super Committee.
Raise taxes or Gut defense? Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Could we have a third choice please?
----------
BTW, Newt got the most applause last night.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 


I understand where you are coming from, the media lauds Romney as being "Presidential" yet I don't see him that way, I see him as a talking puppet.

Paul has some good ideas but he is also a DC veteran, I was pleased to see that he said he wouldn't seek reelection to Congress, and remember this is only one person's opinion, but I want to see the trend of booting out the old and bringing in the new, especially in the House & Senate continue, that is the key to any real change in the way DC works.. Changing who sits in the Oval Office will solve nothing..

I just want someone there who is willing to work with both sides and get this runaway train back on the tracks.

I don't see Paul as that man, you may, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, in fact it is welcomed



edit on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:53:40 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Ron Paul ALWAYS wins the straw polls. His organization always stacks the deck with Ron Paul supporters flooding the system.


I guess they stacked the auditorium in Iowa as well because they seemed to love Ron Paul as well. I like how Ron Paul cannot win when people have the chance to voice their opinion because its fake and when a company is hired to do polling he cannot win because he's not supposed to. Nice reasoning.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Ron Paul ALWAYS wins the straw polls. His organization always stacks the deck with Ron Paul supporters flooding the system.


I guess they stacked the auditorium in Iowa as well because they seemed to love Ron Paul as well. I like how Ron Paul cannot win when people have the chance to voice their opinion because its fake and when a company is hired to do polling he cannot win because he's not supposed to. Nice reasoning.


I'm sorry but it's over.
Ron Paul is out.
Look at the national polling data.
It is what it is.
- seek the truth -



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 
You keep saying to look at the national polling data, but according to the most recent Gallup poll, Paul is on a surge, and currently polling 2rd nationally amongst previously-announced candidates (only behind Romney), and 3rd overall (when you throw Perry in the mix). Rasmussen also has him surging in Iowa, within margin of error (6 points) of the lead.

In that poll, Romney's only at 24%, Perry at 17%, and Paul at 14% - all other candidates are polling BEHIND Paul nationally according to Gallup, and I was under the impression that Gallup is usually one of the most trusted & accepted pollsters - what national polls are you referring to?

You also have to remember that we're a LONG ways out - you'd do well to reference where the nominees were at this point back in 2007.

Be well.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012


Cain and Huntsman should bow out and make room for Rick Perry and Sarah Palin

You got Ron Paul right. Ranting old man.
Like i said earlier, pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan looks absolutely beautiful on paper
but it fails the reality test. - Bye Ron. -


Anybody with an ounce of intelligence and rationality would never vote for Sarah Palin. If the wasilla snobilly does decide to run, her candidacy will go straight to DVD just like that failboat of a film her supporters released a few weeks back.

I bet you cry into your pillow every night knowing that your precious Palin is the laughingstock of the nation.

Down with faux news!
Down with Neocons!
Down with Obama!

Ron Paul will save America!




edit on 12-8-2011 by dbates because: Removed 100s of empty lines.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by BigBruddah
 


Ron Paul ALWAYS wins the straw polls. His organization always stacks the deck
with Ron Paul supporters flooding the system.

I know there are A LOT of Ron Paul supporters here on ATS but i'm sorry. It's over.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


Really? So by that logic couldnt we attribute all of the other nominees votes to their own supporters "flooding" the system too? That argument doesnt make sense. Also, you continuously writing "its over" doesnt dismiss RP at all.

You can check the majority of the polls and RP usually wins. Even if his supporters "flood the system" that still means he has more supporters doing so then any other candidate.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
That was an impressive debate. Newt won the battle but Mitt Romney won the war.
Bachmann and Pawlenty cancelled each other out with there pointless bickering.
Ron Paul blew it by dismissing Iran as nothing to worry about.
Withdrawing all of our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan looks really great on paper but
it fails the reality test. - Sorry Ron, you're out. -
-----------
Newt started out by - BLASTING - Chris Wallace FNS with a Stop with the Gotcha questions!
Then he hit a home run by BLASTING the 12 member Super Committee that will
apparently either - raise taxes OR gut defense.
That's like saying we can either shoot you in the head or cut off your right leg.
What's it going to be?


Newt wins the battle BUT
------------
Mitt Romney however wins the war because he has a mountain of cash to fund a
powerful presidential campaign.


Wow, nice. Did you totally cut and paste your original post? Seems to me I definitely remember the goons on Fox News saying the same exact thing after the debate. You must be a total robot or just someone with nothing to add of your own.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join