It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dead and some wounded after Bull fighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A man and ten others was badly wounded after some bull fighting in north Colombia

It was the yearly bull killing party called "Correlejes"

One person died after the bull got angry because he inserted swords in its neck.

The bull was put down after hours of fighting, some people in the audience helped with putting more spears and swords into the confused bulls neck and back..

**Warning: Graphic content**

source:
nyhederne.tv2.dk...:en-d%C3%B8d-og-flere-kv%C3%A6stet-af-tyr.html?forside
edit on 12-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I can't say I'm sad that he died. If you screw with an animal like that, eventually someone will get killed. He died while abusing an animal in a stupid "sport"... what a waste... and what an idiot. I really don't get how abusing an animal like that, letting it chase people, and then killing it extremely slowly by inserting swords into its neck over a period of 6 hours is considered a sport anyway.
edit on 12/8/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Just the same Mentality as Peckham or Croydon riotiers.........

Might be tradition but a sad one !!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Bull fighting is barbaric. Too bad he didn't take out more of those idiots..........

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A bull fights back... Who would have thought that..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You now I hate too be cold-hearted but...

People probably shouldn't mess with bulls they are very strong animals.
Have they not seen Bugs Bunny tangle with that bull.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hmmm... What will I do today?

I know, I'll pick a fight with a ton of solid muscle, that has massive pointy horns on it, can destroy a car with ease AND, I'll try to stick some blades in it. That sounds like it could be fun.

Plus, I'm tough, what could possibly go wrong. I feel good about myself. All is well with the world.

IDIOTS!!
Why not go and buy a pistol and play Russian roulette with yourself.
What did those bulls ever do to deserve that?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Can't we award some sort of prize to the bull's surviving family members, in honor of the service that brave bovine has provided for the human gene pool?

"I'm going to pick a fight with a large animal!" is always an idea that should make you stop and reconsider the direction your life is headed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
we just try to ride them for 8 seconds.

a heck of a long time on the back of one of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I suppose it could have been worse.....like this!

But seriously, this kind of thing has no place in society today!

edit on 12-8-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

viva el toro!

no sympathy for humans who attend such events.

my sympathy goes to the animals abused by these primitive humans.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think bullfighting is a sickening barbaric passtime and I rather enjoy seeing these cruel people get a taste of their own. I hope none of the injured makes a full recovery and I hope this keeps on happening until this crap is consigned to the cesspool of history where it belongs. There is no excuse for inflicting pain and cruelty on a sentient creature in the name of sport or tradition. If my sentiments offend anyone, then tough, go cry me a river, 'cos I'll not lose any sleep over it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bulll fighting is meant to be a rigged game against the helpless animal and I hope anyone cruel or stupid enough to get in the ring with the bull , LOOSES EVERY TIME !!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I hate to pile on but If you are going to "fight" a 1000 lbs animal with horns, you might lose. It won't look pretty. If you go to watch this and have a "great" seat, you might get hurt. Again, not pretty.

If you want to mess with a bull, maybe take up rodeo. It seems like a more fair event.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
One person died after the bull got angry because he inserted swords in its neck.
Those things on the bulls' necks are not swords, they are "banderillas", think sticks with a barbed iron point, similar to an arrow point, made to penetrate the bull's skin and not fall down.

The bull was put down after hours of fighting, some people in the audience helped with putting more spears and swords into the confused bulls neck and back..
I don't believe that (where did you got that information from, was it on the article?), for several reasons.
First, from what I have seen on the Internet, on that event they do not kill the bulls.
Second, a bull running all over the place like that cannot do it for hours (not even half an hour).
Third, I don't think anyone was putting spears and swords into the bull's neck and back, only banderillas, and they do not kill the bull.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Third, I don't think anyone was putting spears and swords into the bull's neck and back, only banderillas, and they do not kill the bull.

Uhm, i'm not sure where you got your info but they do kill the bull

The faena continues until the Matador has demonstrated his superiority over the bull. Once this is achieved the bull is ready to be killed. The matador stands some ten feet from the bull, keeping the bull fixated on the muleta and aims the espada between the shoulder blades. The matador attacks pushing the espada over the horns and deep between the shoulder blades. If the sword goes in to the hilt it is an estocada but if it hits bone it is a pinchazo or media-estocada. An estocada usually results in the bull dropping immediately to its knees and dying, but if the bull fails to die the matador may take the descabello (a sword with a short cross piece at the end) which he stabs into the bull's neck severing the spinal cord. The fight is over.

www.spain-info.com/Culture/bullfighting.htm
edit on 12-8-2011 by i8miceb4 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by i8miceb4

That's in Spain, not in that Colombian event.

In Portugal the bull is not killed on the arena, and some times is not even killed, is treated and sent back to live the rest of his live in the fields.

Edit: on that sentence, what I meant was that the banderillas do not kill the bull, I only noticed now that it may be a little confusing.

edit on 12/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, you can tell the mentality of humans who like torturing animals. There must be something inherently wrong in human DNA that can appreciate violence and a slow and agonizing death of another life form. Again, there is no hope (or "earthly/heavenly law") to stop these humans from enjoying a bloody sport.
edit on 2011-8-12 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by i8miceb4

That's in Spain, not in that Colombian event.

In Portugal the bull is not killed on the arena, and some times is not even killed, is treated and sent back to live the rest of his live in the fields.

Edit: on that sentence, what I meant was that the banderillas do not kill the bull, I only noticed now that it may be a little confusing.

edit on 12/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
There must be something inherently wrong in human DNA that can appreciate violence and a slow and agonizing death of another life form.
When properly done in a real bullfight, the bulls death is instantaneous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join