It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shop at a Surplus Store? The FBI wants You on a Terrorist Watch List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Preparing for a family camping trip or stocking up for a group of guys' week of hunting at deer camp might land you on a terrorist watch list if the FBI has anything to say about it.

Buying MREs, night vision devices and waterproof matches are all warning signs of potential terrorist activity according to a recent FBI brochure handed out to Colorado area surplus stores.

The PDF instructs store owners to keep records on and report people who:
    “Make bulk purchase of items to include:
    Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
    Meals Ready to Eat
    Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
    High capacity magazines
    Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles”

The FBI handout, entitled “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores” also instructs surplus store owners to:
    “Require valid ID from all new customers.
    Keep records of purchases.
    Talk to customers, ask questions, and listen to and observe their responses.
    Watch for people and actions that are out of place.
    Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.
    If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.”

Source

I find it ludicrous that on one hand the government tells its citizens to be prepared with 72 hour emergency supplies, food, water, plastic sheeting and duct tape, but don't you dare buy a night sight and bipod for night time varmint shooting.

And hey, how about those "night flashlights?" Terrorist weapon for sure! I'm safe, I only use my "day flashlight" purchased from MegaMart.

I think our government, and more specifically the Department of Homeland Security, is increasingly worried that the American citizens are waking up to the corruption in all levels of government and have had about enough.

This isn't the first time the FBI has issued something like this. A similar brochure was handed out to gun shops from Connecticut to Utah and we are all familiar with the MIAC report from a few years back.

Knowing that the American citizens would never willingly give up our Second Amendment rights, the easy way to deal with us is to make us 'extremists' and 'terrorists.' When our homes are raided and family members shot and killed by SWAT teams in the middle of the night it will all be OK because we will be the enemy of the state.

edit on 12-8-2011 by survivalstation because: link to pdf

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
OK then,

Here is a thought that i am sure has come up before.

With all the credit / debit / store cards / discount cards / loyalty cards being tied to purchases and those purchase tied to you as an individual then data mining / profiling is a pretty sweet and easy way to see who is a threat and who isn't depending on behaviour trends.

So why make all the fuss in the MSM etc...if it was to keep people safer then why muddy up the data set?

This points to the fearmongering being used for a different purpose no?

Hey, i might already be preaching to the converted but still.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

This is great! your sooo right about the U S folks being micromanaged and tracked. People are getting fed up.

If you have a big family thats alot of MREs sleeping bags, coolers, weapons, ammo, water ect.Now days if you pay with large amounts of cash (due to getting out of credit card debt) at a store and you look different your a suspect.Be at peace with yourself and loved ones ad be mentally prepared for the worst..but don't forget to live..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think our government, and more specifically the Department of Homeland Security, is increasingly worried that the American citizens are waking up to the corruption in all levels of government and have had about enough.

That's exactly what they're worried about. The entire reason why Janet Himmler is so paranoid about the possibility of domestic revolution, is because she herself knows damn well that it's long overdue.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just like Wal Mart's "See Something, Say Something" in store campaign sponsored by DHS.

FEMA publishes specific guidelines on how to prepare for natural disasters. If you follow their plan you will probably end up at Wal Mart or a local Surplus store to buy supplies. You buy a case of MRE's and now you're tagged.

Are they luring people out with warnings and prep advice with the sole purpose of tracking purchases?

Interesting!! They want proof of ID just to make a simple purchase?? Sorry Boy Scouts, you're now tagged because you are preparing for a camping trip.

Pay cash and avoid the preferred customer cards.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
TPTB are edgy and want be able to quell any unexpected people power uprising because they look around the world and at home and know that everybody has had enough of one thing or another!

I have personal experience of how power operates when it is threatened or fears something!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Try this little instructional video by the master.

Things seemed so much easier back in the 80's. Lots of times I think I was born 30 years too late.

If you have kids, you should heartily remind them that everything goes on your permanent record. It gets worse every year.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread !! But lets be realistic, Big Brother is here on ATS too taking notes on everyone except the Trollers they have inserted in here to dis info us etc...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Things were so much easier in the 80s. There was plenty of surplus around and it was dirt cheap. I bought a brand new SKS from a local retail department store for $89.95. This was back in the day when you could walk into a Sears or JCPenney and pick up guns and ammo off the shelf. Yep, times were good.

Even though some of us in the 'underground' new about Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission, we figured it would be awhile before things got out of hand. Well, like the slow but steady action of freezing water on a boulder, here we are in 1984.

new topics

top topics

join