It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying To Understand The Anger.. Not Really..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have been seeing a large amount of "secretly" racist threads lately and am wondering why racism is still part of a community such as ATS. Has there seriously been a lack of "you should know whats going on by now" type of info, that has eluded the masses?

Am I expecting people here to know better? There is NOTHING in research that cannot lead to the fact that we are supposed to be divided/how that works/who is most susceptible/ and so on. Why is it that people are surprised that both suppression of certain races, and the advancement of others is not a part of every day life?

This is visible in almost everything/ever-day life. We are NOT supposed to get along. We are NOT supposed to help one another. We are NOT supposed to be concerned with the welfare of another.

This is "Conspiracy 101". There are many of us that are again choosing to stay silent, with things that are so blatant, that we are turning time backward and giving the o.k. for those that choose to take the easy route, are doing till this day.

Standing for what you believe is not wrong, Standing for Wrong.. is Wrong. If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. It doesn't take schooling, or parental consent/attention to come to that conclusion. When an adult needs to proclaim something that takes an "authority" figure to agree/disagree with, then this is a problem with that person. Not the people.

Wake up. Take responsibility for YOUR own actions, and have some type of understanding for others, this is the only way for people in general to progress.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

if you want to be like the christ,perform the deeds of the christ.

if revenge is what you seek,you have to dig two holes!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

if you want to be like the christ,perform the deeds of the christ.

if revenge is what you seek,you have to dig two holes!

What you just said my friend is a discrimination of it's own.
I'm tired of white people, black people, yellow, green, purple in the end we're just people. Rather one person hates another is their business

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

edit on 12-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I think it's human nature to identify with groups according to differences with others. As much as people look for what they share in common, they also notice their differences. It probably goes back as far as Mr Neanderthal not wanting his daughter mixing with the damn Sapiens.

Real racism, I think came into existence in the last half of the slave trade era. As those associated with slavery mixed pseudo-science, gossip and BS to justify keeping other humans in captivity, the culture of segregation and prejudice came into being. This was a true conspiracy that influences the world still. After all, racial segregation in Europe, USA and Africa is in living memory.

The ATS racists are a mixture of both. I think there are a few hateful racists, but most seem to be the mild variety. For them casual racism isn't an issue and probably speaks more of their limited experience in life. Sometimes, it seems like some ATSers have a tendency to get themselves hysterical and start *shrieking* over the latest media flap or ridiculous conspiracy. Haiti earthquake, London rioters and Mexican immigration threads have been carried along on a wave of racism and ignorance. Hopefully a lot of that hatred is just internet warriors and closet racists? They might smile and talk to different colours all day and save the spite for the web...

For me it's a fine line between freedom of speech and condoning hatred that could become damaging to real people. Some on ATS argue that freedom of speech is inviolable and they have a point. Social responsibility and respect for other humans should go hand in hand with these freedoms.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I think it's human nature to identify with groups according to differences with others. As much as people look for what they share in common, they also notice their differences. It probably goes back as far as Mr Neanderthal not wanting his daughter mixing with the damn Sapiens.

Real racism, I think came into existence in the last half of the slave trade era. As those associated with slavery mixed pseudo-science, gossip and BS to justify keeping other humans in captivity, the culture of segregation and prejudice came into being. This was a true conspiracy that influences the world still. After all, racial segregation in Europe, USA and Africa is in living memory.

The ATS racists are a mixture of both. I think there are a few hateful racists, but most seem to be the mild variety. For them casual racism isn't an issue and probably speaks more of their limited experience in life. Sometimes, it seems like some ATSers have a tendency to get themselves hysterical and start *shrieking* over the latest media flap or ridiculous conspiracy. Haiti earthquake, London rioters and Mexican immigration threads have been carried along on a wave of racism and ignorance. Hopefully a lot of that hatred is just internet warriors and closet racists? They might smile and talk to different colours all day and save the spite for the web...

For me it's a fine line between freedom of speech and condoning hatred that could become damaging to real people. Some on ATS argue that freedom of speech is inviolable and they have a point. Social responsibility and respect for other humans should go hand in hand with these freedoms.

GLP is race-baiting hatred now that is the truth

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

When a baby is with another and of a different color they are more aware of the similarities as opposed to their color/upbringing/family wealth etc,.

We have turned something as basic as understanding an individual for their being then of their color. There are many that base their bias on media/movies/music, when in reality there has been a forced division between not only color but gender.

What truly upsets and disturbs me is that grown adults seem to act as if these things are ingrained in us at birth. Knowing your culture TRULY is a part of life, and if it happens to coincide with atrocities, then so be it. But trying reverse psychology on an entire race/races, is utter stupidity.

Wanting to be like another for non achievement is the same as being in a group that is always last, but since more then one is doing it, its the same as being first. There is no common ground, except the fight for what is right.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

join