It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, how many times did God destroy the world before Adam/Eve?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Implying some kind of change or make over, but not creating something new
It has to do with being god-like.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The gods being god like?
Or man been made god like?

Because if its man then why all the fuss with the knowledge fruit tree?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

You are asking the right question. I actually wrote out an explanation for that but decided not to post it. It might be slanted due to some study I have recently been doing on the subject and I probably need to let it settle down a bit. Remember that saying that the victors write the history.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter, if the perspective is cosmogonic or cosmological. 'Suffering' is an prominent and observable part of bio-cosmos, and it's in human nature to either place the 'blame' somewhere or search for rational explanations.

When boiled down to the essense, the OT 'explanation' is: "As I'm 'god' and thus self-defined always in the right, I can't make anything wrong...... so see, what YOU made me do".

This circle-argumented non-sense has been around for thousands of years, in spite of both alternative semi-religious alternative methodologies on the question, and recently science/logic suggesting that we use facts to find the answer (or at least do something about the consequences of 'suffering).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is why it is important to make new translations that fit the people of the day. The original Hebrew word for ‘replenish’ in Genesis 1:28 is Male' which simply means ‘fill,’ here are all of the possible translations

Male'
to fill, be full
(Qal)
to be full 1a
fulness, abundance (participle) 1a
to be full, be accomplished, be ended
to consecrate, fill the hand
(Niphal)
to be filled, be armed, be satisfied
to be accomplished, be ended
(Piel)
to fill
to satisfy
to fulfil, accomplish, complete
to confirm
(Pual) to be filled
(Hithpael) to mass themselves against
www.biblestudytools.com...

It should also be noted that at the time of the KJV was translated the word "replenish" also simply meant to "fill" According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it did not mean ‘re-fill’ at the time the translators worked on the King James Bible. It was taken to express such ideas as to stock, fill, supply, or inhabit. I recommend checking out these articles for a better understanding: www.answersingenesis.org... and www.answersingenesis.org...

edit on 14-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
NONE

sceond lnie nnoe

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by jmdewey60

The gods being god like?
Or man been made god like?

Because if its man then why all the fuss with the knowledge fruit tree?

Consider that God already knew that Adam would eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Therefore knowing that in advance would show that the fall was a planned event. Then God said, “Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness." IMO the knowledge of good and evil is a requirement in making humans in the image of God. God has the knowledge of good and evil and humans must gain the knowledge of good and evil to become like God.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Been visiting this site for a while, finally decided to join.
If you think about subjects like this you can look at them from multiple angles.
My opinion is we've been almost killed off, either from outside forces or our own stupidity, numerous times and have re grown civilization over and over again.

In genesis, it looks like God created (replenished) man and woman on the sixth day and gave them the run of the Earth but the in "origins" he creates Adam and Eve and gave them Eden. Is that the 3rd time?
Nonreligiously, a collection of 500 to 1500 year old thousand plus stone carvings in Ica Peru show men fighting and riding dinosaurs,
Tens of thousands of stone figurines have been found in Mexico, showing the same scenes.
Ooparts, or "out of place artifacts" have been found buried in rocks and coal that date back to 500,000 to 2.8 billion years old. See the Coso Artifact, Grooved Spheres, etc.
Some long dead and lost civilization have to be given credit.
I'm just saying......

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

I've always wondered....
Cain slew Abel, he was cast out of Eden and went to the Land of Nod where he knew his wife.
If there were only 3 people where did Cain's wife come from and who were the people who named the Land of Nod where Cain's Wife lived?
A previous civilization that grew from the Man and Woman that God created on the sixth day?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsfitter539

God created the crime to fit the punishment it would seem.
Normally a punishment is created to fit the crime.
Seems a little preplanned.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

If there is or was only one true God how many God's were there?
If there was only one how could man become like us?
Was God the one who defined God-like or was there a consensus by all of them to say "we/I are/am God like, let Me/Us make man in our/my own image(s) and God-like as we/I are/am"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join