It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest plane goes missing during test flight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Sounds like that movie 'stealth' where the unmanned plane goes rogue. Perhaps this one just crashed out somewhere but interesting to know that all that money and technology has just vanished. Where to? Who knows. Any ideas?

www.stuff.co.nz...

Ah I see it's already been posted. My bad. I tried the search bar but nothing came up but now when I go to most recent, it shows.
edit on 12-8-2011 by ragsntatters because: Already posted.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yeah I heard about this. They apparently tested this plane last year as well, and it too had lost contact

The funny thing is, the US government is in so much debt, yet they spend lots of money to make this plane - where are the American tax dollars really going?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't normally make comments like this but.. Come on man.. There is a thread in the new topic feed right NOW!!!
And loads that passed through yesterday.. It only takes a minute to do a search..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Well I didn't notice the other posters thread. Was the title some obscure reference having little to do with the story? That the only reason I figure I didn't notice that thread. I noticed this one though and I am still picking my chin up off the floor. Who paid for this thing that "seemed to have just flown off on its own?"

The unmanned hypersonic plane developed for US defense research into super-fast global strike capability was launched atop a rocket overnight but contact was lost after the experimental craft began flying on its own, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency said.

This is eerily suspicious. I think it was made, we paid for it and then it was sold to some foreign government or individual who had the money to pay for it. I'll be the next one wanders off too. I want that money back.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I don't normally make comments like this but.. Come on man.. There is a thread in the new topic feed right NOW!!!
And loads that passed through yesterday.. It only takes a minute to do a search..

I didn't notice it either. Not that I was looking but still, you never missed something here before?
So ease the ef up, why doncha?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Check out this theory ... Gee - Zeus - Christ!
One of those potty mouth days.

edit on 12-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Northrop Quantum Teleportation Disc, that is what I believe it was, and it didn't disappear ... it worked. However it's anyones guess to it's destination.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't understand what the mystery is. The X-43 hypersonic vehicle just had a failure on a flight a while back. It happens all the time. That's testing.

top topics

join