It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of rifle should I buy my wife to help me defend the homefront when shtf?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by Exuberant1

read the whole conversation it will make more since

Nice 'comeback'.

It makes people think that you are a person who is to be believed and who they can converse with like adults. A person who is not just here to argue, a real role model for all ATS members. Someone for us all to model ourselves after.

Sort of like Jesus.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Kentucky Constitution Section 1 Rights of life, liberty, worship, pursuit of safety and happiness, free speech, acquiring and protecting property, peaceable assembly, redress of grievances, bearing arms. All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned: First: The right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties. Second: The right of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences. Third: The right of seeking and pursuing their safety and happiness. Fourth: The right of freely communicating their thoughts and opinions. Fifth: The right of acquiring and protecting property. Sixth: The right of assembling together in a peaceable manner for their common good, and of applying to those invested with the power of government for redress of grievances or other proper purposes, by petition, address or remonstrance. Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons. Text as Ratified on: August 3, 1891, and revised September 28, 1891. History: Not yet amended.

This is my response to your statement.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Campy61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by Campy61

why would you need to defend yourself against animals when shtf and not now? you live on a farm so I will assume you live in a rual area so animals are probally already alive and if they are a threat then you need you defens now not after shtf there for leading me to think you were talking about killing humans.

This,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

50cal mate.... cant get more firepower than that

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Americans are funny... "what type of gun should I buy my wife"

YEAh...haha ! I thought the same.

Personally, I wouldn't like a PMS wife with a gun. Pepper spray and maybe some karate lessons are good enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
this female likes the KelTech Sub2000 ... 9mm but available as 40 ... avg $400
lightweight, collapsible, minimal recoil, semi-auto and great targeting ... personal is loaded with scope, laser and light

kinda partial to this fully functional antique --> dbl long barrel shotgun ... little pricey but worth it

then again for the commando types, this might be more her style ... it's kinda "planet of the apes" in design but does that really matter ?? ... multi-caliber, semi-auto, fires smooth, targets well and lightweight just bulky, also dual switch trigger (for those stuck in the left/right paradigm
) Beretta CXstorm

for something more handy, i look toward the Taurus millenium 9mm, Springfield XD and or SigSauer Equinox or The Judge ... any of them suits me just fine but i favor the Equinox.
P220 / 45 ...
P220

P226 / 40 ...
P226
Good luck

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Tell ya what, if you have some long guns your best bet is to get "the judge" from Taurus. Its a .410 5 shot revolver that is perfect for home defense. It's got a rifled barrel so your shot pattern opens up drastically at short distances and it won't go through walls. Or you could go with the slightly more lethal route and loading up with 00 buck shot. With 5 pulls of the trigger you could potentially put 15 .30 cal holes in something. Or you could load it up with .45 long volts and reach out and touch someone.

Very versatile, pretty inexpensive and it just looks mean as heck!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Get yourself a IMI Galil SAR 5.56mm, its the perfect combination between the Ak and the m16

And if you want more firepower, get the Galil ARM 7.62mm: 4.45 kg

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
got my glock ready incase the klan starts up some shhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by quetzlcomeback
reply to post by Campy61

Tell ya what, if you have some long guns your best bet is to get "the judge" from Taurus.

They have a Raging Judge now.

It is a 28 gauge instead of the pewny .410.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My husband bought me a 243 Winchester in 1998. It is perfect, there is nearly zero kickback, it is so smooth and pinpoint that he uses it for shots under 300 yards. Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Beretta Storm carbine
9mm

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
AK47 or M!6 wouldnt be enough but you have to do your best!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

the best lightweight platform for a smaller frame BUT still with adequate power is the AR-10/SR-10...

its basically a 7.62 Nato version of the m-16.. makes every shot count..

7 min long original video.part 2.. gets a gun nut aroused...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
this is a vid of a teen GIRL shooting it... I would say 'wife approved'

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
one more, check out the CHEEEESE on the dude's face....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

just whats on the shelf buddy..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bakedbluedevil

very sexy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'll throw my hat in the ring for either the Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm or a Ruger Mini 14. It would depend on how much range you want the rifle to have. Obviously the Ruger will have better range with its 5.56 round and it sounds like you already have a bunch of this ammo laying around. The advantage of the Kel Tec is price. 9mm rounds are cheap, and the rifle itself is about half the price($350 for the Kel Tec and $700 for the Ruger.)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Look to a 20g auto loading shotgun.
Kick/recoil is manageable and the auto loading is great.

Saiga.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join