It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of rifle should I buy my wife to help me defend the homefront when shtf?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If you looking for a gun with minimal recoil but still a big punch I would suggest a German made HK G36K. You can get her the compact G36C, or if you want a head buster upgrade to the G36 LMG. Depending on your needs you will need a different gun so in my opinion I would pair ANY rifle with a Barreta M9 9mm pistol, or if you wanna go classic go with the MP40 German WW2 SMG that has literally NO RECOIL what so ever.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (Canadian Armed Fources)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Everyone forgets the Chinese made SKS...

They are cheaper than a standard AK but just as reliable as they use identical hardware pretty much...

SKS has a folding stock usually and a bayonet... Fires a 7.62x39...

edit on 12-9-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would get her or you an AK-47, easy to shoot, plenty of ammo everywhere, And they rarely ever misfire, while the AR is a great weapon, if not kept clean all the time, it will jam alot, I own both, and love them both, but still would lean towards the AK-47.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A good 12 gauge loaded with some buck is a great choice....especially if your not talking about long range shots. If you live a little further out I'd say get her a .270 rifle. It gives you a range option and is light enough on the recoil for smaller frame shooters

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
get the Ciener .22lr conversion unit for the AR, or leave her with the .22 rifle. If she's going to let "likes" get in the way of training with the BEST fighting rifle, she is not going to do well, regardless. I'd divorce her over such irrationality, if she sticks with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
12 ga buck and slugs have serious recoil, especially in a non-auto type of shotgun. They also cost a helluva lot of money and slugs aint very "reloadable", it's a big pita to do so. Contrary to what nearly everyone believes, the shotgun is quite hard to learn to use well, especially with slugs. It's nothing like as effective as so many believe it is. AK in .30 cal has fairly serious recoil, too, in the lighter model rifles. No, the PM40 is NOT recoiless. Fire it on full auto and its muzzle will "climb" on you, just like it does on any smg. It will climb a bit less, due to the very heavy weight and the low cyclic rate, but it still climbs. If it had no recoil, like a .22lr, it would not climb in full auto fire. It has LITTLE recoil, yes, but it's not non existent, not by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

A 357 magnum round is easily strong enough. High velocity if you need to penetrate walls and if you don't want it to go through the perp you get hollow points. I can't believe you say you use 9mm and say you are unsure of a much more powerful round to get the job done. I'd suggest you look up bullet ballistics so you can get an idea of how they actually work.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I had a 44 mag and two 9mm, one a parabellum. The 357 didn't give me the "feel" I wanted in launching modified ballistics. I used to use scored hollow points and I filled them mercury, or my own lab produced hydrogen cyanide crystals, or semtex which I mixed up from PETM and RDX plus about 12% mineral oil (and something else I won't go into), the compression triggers were usually 22 rimfire cut-off or I'd use .38 center caps soldered in place with ground magnesium and phosphorus under the cap. I know a bit a bit about ballistics and ammunition as well as chemistry. One of my rounds went into the car (Opel S100) of 4 terr's at about 75 feet distance (an ANC hijack attempt), it looked like a flaming flower the way it blew the front of the car apart, almost pretty LOL. I've been around ;-)

Cheers - Dave

WOW. Just....wow! Of all the unadultered bullcr*p I've seen spewed out on the web, this has to be some of the funniest and most pathetic I've seen!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Hey there,

Considering your wife is not a fan of the Assault Rifle platform but does have experiance with a .22, i strongly suggest an M14 Battle Rifle, It fires a 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 winchester) and is loaded from a 20 round magazine. Its easily accurate out to about 500 yards and is also a select fire weapon system so your wife may choose either Single shot or Full Automatic fire if she needs to get the rounds out faster at a close distance. As an added bonus, its a platform that supports optic sights so if you can get your hands on a nice Leupold LR/T 10×40 mm M3 rifle scope it can then be effective out to about 850 yards. The M14 has been in service since the Vietnam war and is still in use by various branches of U.S military so you know its tried and tested.

Good Hunting,
Preparation is the best defensive weapon a man and his wife can have.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ill poof myself a lightsaber and shoot lightning all up out of my hands like a jedi knight.

i know how to do so believe it or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Awesome! Make us a Youtube video so we can see how it's done!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

A 357 magnum round is easily strong enough. High velocity if you need to penetrate walls and if you don't want it to go through the perp you get hollow points. I can't believe you say you use 9mm and say you are unsure of a much more powerful round to get the job done. I'd suggest you look up bullet ballistics so you can get an idea of how they actually work.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I had a 44 mag and two 9mm, one a parabellum. The 357 didn't give me the "feel" I wanted in launching modified ballistics. I used to use scored hollow points and I filled them mercury, or my own lab produced hydrogen cyanide crystals, or semtex which I mixed up from PETM and RDX plus about 12% mineral oil (and something else I won't go into), the compression triggers were usually 22 rimfire cut-off or I'd use .38 center caps soldered in place with ground magnesium and phosphorus under the cap. I know a bit a bit about ballistics and ammunition as well as chemistry. One of my rounds went into the car (Opel S100) of 4 terr's at about 75 feet distance (an ANC hijack attempt), it looked like a flaming flower the way it blew the front of the car apart, almost pretty LOL. I've been around ;-)

Cheers - Dave

WOW. Just....wow! Of all the unadultered bullcr*p I've seen spewed out on the web, this has to be some of the funniest and most pathetic I've seen!

You know, I was in South Africa for 4 years, most of it working for the SADF/Armscor/CI/MI and/or military contractors, much of the time in "hot zones" (I was only shot once due to a lack of caution on my part on the Zim border) where things did tend to get a bit rude. I know what my history is and I suggest you learn a little chemistry and metallurgy. Purchasing mercury in SA was as simply as going to the chemist (drug store), making hydrogen cyanide quite simple but I am not going to give you the recipe and process as you might hurt yourself. The same applies to the method and process of packing bullets. I am not here to teach, but the onus is on you to learn.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hello,

Here is a link to an article that you might find helpful. Read it over with your wife, and see if there are some rifles that she can try out before you buy. It's often a personal preference with these decisions.

www.armytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join