It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird readings over East Coast Australia, East Coast of NZ and the Mid Atlantic ridge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So i'm not suggesting HAARP or anything but I was more just wondering what your thoughts are on what this possibly could be?

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

It just seems quite odd, i've never seen anything like it before. Possible manipulation?

Edit: Looking at the large tubular interference. Quite clear over Aus, Nz and the Mid Atlantic.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Semoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Thoughts on what? I don't even know what I'm looking at

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The Op is referring to those 2 cylindrical shaped spikes that flash down and hit New Zealand and the east side of Australia..

I'm not sure what they could be either, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point...

Maybe it really is something ermmm......haarp
related.. Could just be a glitch of sorts, which seems to be the popular excuse for wierd things these days...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I thought them to be glitches aswell, but usually say with the HAARP rings, at the centre you have another broadcasting station yet I can't seem to work out what causes them.

I mean, it fits the HAARP method, bouncing off frequencies off the Ionosphere. Seems odd is all. Thanks for contributing~

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sigh

It astounds me that none of you people who have experience with satellite imagery, simply assume something is suspicious. Its simply a glitch with the processing equipment that makes up the image.

But whatever...if you guys wanna keep living in fantasy land instead of using logic...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Obvious glitch is obvious?

OMG EXPLAINABLE MUST BE HAARP etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It clearly says SSMI/AMSRE derived data.
Thats from a polar orbiting satellite.
The orbit is just like the abnormal traces seen in the animation. Thus, I'm going to call it a data glitch of some sort.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I am pretty sure i made it clear in my posts i also think it's a glitch, i was more asking for an explanation behind the said glitch, if they have a name and how they are caused. I did not go "Omg NZ and AUS for a mag 10" at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Defintely UFO Tractor Beams...

No, no, no - maybe giant vertical tornado's...

Wait a minute....... Wormholes, definetly wormholes...

[Insert Sarcastic comment here!]

Seriously - Computer glitch... Also, already posted on ATS and debunked by meteorologist...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro
I am pretty sure i made it clear in my posts i also think it's a glitch, i was more asking for an explanation behind the said glitch, if they have a name and how they are caused. I did not go "Omg NZ and AUS for a mag 10" at all.

There's no name for the glitch....none that I know of anyway. I look at weather satellite imagery, radars and weather phenomena as a job, and these glitches are more common than people think.

Oh and my first post on this thread wasnt directed at you btw

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtanic

No I just looked out the window and the entire city is covered in rainbow ice cream. Yum !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Might I suggest that you tell people to wait for a minute to actually see what your talking about (& maybe even describe it for us).

I missed it 1st watch, all I saw was a typical weather map. More detail in your post.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Please explain what something out of the ordinary would look like on this type of image...youd think this day in age, readings would be glitch free.

It seams like this is exactly what its meant to be scanning for?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Looks like 3 gaps in the data stream(s) to me. Given that the data is derived from downlinked satellite data and we've been having a lot of solar activity lately, I'd suspect transmission interference first.

Looks very cool, though!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey

Just checking back here because i thought this might be of interest
www.stuff.co.nz... d-NZ

"People should prepare for the worst, which means making sure they're ready in the event that they cannot leave home and may be without electricity and other amenities."

50-YEAR EVENT

MetService head forecaster Peter Kreft said the polar blast was "a 50 year" event.

"It's a once-in-many-decades event. We are probably looking at something like - in terms of extent and severity, maybe 50 years," he said.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer
[moreI

Saw this thread and thought hmmm we are having odd weather arent we. But id agree its nothing but a data glitch.

That being said concerning the current 50 year event. We had snow on our nearby mountain to late afternoon which is about 600-700 meters high and in the 10 years ive been here ive only seen that 2 other times and its gone by noon usually. Also we had what appeared to be proto snow for most of the morning (larger than fine mist drops but very slow meandering trajectory rather than typical angled rain you could tell it wasn't fine rain even though a portion of it was), followed by a sudden 2 minute snow flurry around lunch time which was a mix of very loose hail like material that floated lazily rather than the regular speedy moving hail along with what looked like smaller clumps of white snowiness material that melted the moment it hit the wet ground or any other surface.

They even got snow like that in Auckland, which happened last time over 80 years ago... so while it aint HAARP, we have some freaky record breaking weather at the mo thanks to this polar blast, and its gonna be around for a few more days to boot

Might get lucky and get some actual snow snow tonight or tomorrow if the elements are right, garden might not like that though
and its playing havoc down in the South Island unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

join