It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity during the Atlantis/ISS docking procedure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A Big White Object has appeared during the delicate manouver of docking of the STS-135 Atlantis and the International Space Station in the last space shuttle mission. A Big piece of Space Junk? A Big Floating Iceberg? The "Object" seems to have an its own light/halo. Infact, during this sighting Atlantis and ISS were on the dark side above Australia. No "Alert of incoming/risk impact" and no Escape Procedure" was launched...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
interesting find Mr Arken

not sure if its the dark side here in Australia lol
- that's no moon...........

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Interesing. SnF. Still a chance that these were doctored or were these live and legitamte?
edit on 12-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

MAUSSAN!

There's some very forced logic in this video. They try and claim that space junk requires evacuation when this isn't the case at all. Junk is everywhere up there and has been reported since before Musgrave and his 'snake' debris. Over half a million pieces of junk are tracked. By suggesting junk requires evacuation and then showing debris next to the ISS and *no evacuation* it must be a UFO. Forced logic.

There's no reason to rule out space junk. At one point he states the object is 'self-illuminated.' How so? From where does he arrive at this fact? Is the ISS also 'self-illuminated' as it is also bright? Are perhaps both objects illuminated by the Sun? The docking was in the minutes prior to midday (Central Time) above the USA.

There was a piece of an old Cosmos satellite on the same trajectory as the Atlantis/ISS docking. I'm not suggesting this was the object in the video but illustrating that there is debris that doesn't require evacuation and isn't 'UFO!'

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
Interesing. SnF. Still a chance that these were doctored or were these live and legitamte?
edit on 12-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

This is a personal discovery.
Go to 1.58 min.....
TWO OBJECTS with different speeds and trajectory crossing the Shuttle Atlantis STS-135 path.

The second object is very, very fast, blinking, shining and 'self-illuminated.'

edit on 12-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

KANDINSKY!

There's some very forced logic in your personal opinion.
As usual...

Thanks however.
Your point of view is 'self-illuminated.'

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
A Big White Object has appeared during the delicate manouver of docking of the STS-135 Atlantis and the International Space Station in the last space shuttle mission. A Big piece of Space Junk? A Big Floating Iceberg? The "Object" seems to have an its own light/halo. Infact, during this sighting Atlantis and ISS were on the dark side above Australia. No "Alert of incoming/risk impact" and no Escape Procedure" was launched...

in this video at 5:28 i see a line and a circle ... what is that? and at 5:42-43 the UFO passes on top of that line... seems impossible to me...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I cannot watch the video from where I am now, but why does the title say August 7th? The last shuttle mission was over on July 17th.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I also saw something weird on the day the last space shuttle docked with the ISS. I was stargazing at about 2 am at night and I was surprised to see a lot more activity in the skies that I normally do. I live in an apartment block and I have a gorgeous view from my balcony. There's little light pollution, compared to the 'lower city', so on a good night you can stargaze.

The weird thing is that I barely see any satellites, only occasionally and it's quite rare. That night, on the contrary, was full of activity. I think I saw 5-7 moving stars (satellites) within a quarter hour. However what surprised me most was something else.

I was admiring the view when I saw two stars appear about 30 degrees over the horizon. They were shining brightly and they were moving over the sky at what seemed like a great altitude roughly in my direction. The reason why I thought the objects were so high was that the trajectory seemed to be like an arch, so it was easy to assume that they were in Earth's orbit. The 'stars' were moving pretty fast. I believe it took them less than 10 seconds to travel from where I found them to the highest point in the sky over my head and to disappear behind the roof of our building.

But what amazed me the most was that the 2 stars were travelling in formation - one seemed to be following the other, like they were tethered or something. The distance between them was roughly like a distance between the neighbouring stars in the Orion's belt in the sky.

So my first though was that it was the space shuttle docking with the ISS. However, when I looked up the ISS spotting guides, I found that it should be moving much slower than what I saw that night.

Any ideas what could that be?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think it could possibly be a tether that we're seeing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62b84bbd10bb.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed41f11d00f.png[/atsimg]

Tethers Offer Many Benefits to the ISS

Tethers can stabilize the attitude of the space station without propellant and with very little power
· ISS configuration is inherently unstable—short (~1-2 km), simple tether with guided boom provides gravity-gradient stabilization · Relieves CMGs and propellant req’ts for CMG desaturation ¨

A tether can provide standoff for an electric propulsion (EP) system to reboost the station ·
EP studies in the past have been stymied by plume impingement, thruster installation, plumbing, power consumption · An EP spacecraft on a short tether (~500 m) with its own power supply can provide reboost without these issues

A small electrodynamic (ED) tether system can reboost the station without propellant · Ionospheric current driven by solar power through conductive tether (~5 km) provides reboost force through magnetic interaction. · No resupply propellant requirements

A large electrodynamic tether system can reduce the inclination of the station · Electrodynamic forces can be used to provide out-of-plane forces needed to reduce station inclination. ¨ ISS can demonstrate tether technologies needed for robust exploration activities · ED tethers systems map into future momentum-exchange tethers for reusable, propellantless propulsion to GEO and the Moon.

source

Who knows? Im interested in hearing what you all think this is - The material the tether is made of may not be easily oicked by the camera, hence the reason its not seen in the OP. Anything anyone needs to know about this is located in the link, its definitely interesting.
edit on 8/12/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I also wanted to add this info to the thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce28296a883a.jpg[/atsimg]

Stainless steel disk flies in shuttles wake

Many shuttle experiments over the years have focused on developing or testing out new materials. One such study was the Wake Shield Facility (WSF), a 12-foot-wide (3.7-m), free-flying stainless steel disk. The WSF was designed to fly behind the space shuttle for several days, then be captured again. As the disk zipped through space, it would create a vacuum in its wake 1,000 to 10,000 times better than anything that can be achieved on Earth. The WSF would take advantage of this vacuum to grow extremely thin and pure films that could find applications in many different fields, such as the manufacture of semiconductors....

source

I think similar experimentation is what we are seeing, not a UFO. Just my .02

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Kandinsky

KANDINSKY!

There's some very forced logic in your personal opinion.
As usual...

Thanks however.
Your point of view is 'self-illuminated.'

It's a good find Arken and could be anomalous, but except for not mentioning Jaime at all...I was gonna say pretty much what Kandinsky said.

There is no way to tell if the object is self-luminous...or at what distance it might be at. Folk who make vids with statements that show a lack of critical thinking are our enemy. They are the enemy of truth...whatever that might turn out to be.

Thanks for sharing, but even for believers it's a must to thoroughly vet any claim made.

top topics

join