It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you know what grinds my gears?....."swamp gas" guy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you know, the obvious believer poster who always says around 5 posts in to a crappy video thread showing some vague lights in the night sky which is obviously NOT an extraterrestrial craft sarcastically stating......

"yeah, it must be swamp gas" and dont forget the roll eyes "
"

oh and occasionally they'll throw in a flippant" phhhh i guess its chinese lanterns too".

this particular type of person comes in usually at the point when a pretty astute member starts to point out the absurdity that the posted video may actually be just.....i dont know, ANYTHING other than E.T.

there is usually nothing else added. just the snarky rebuttal that it'll be blown off by the evil skeptics as something other than the obvious.... the second coming of our outerspace brothers come to confound us with their weird lights in the sky.

just please take a pause before you go to that new cliche and think out a better rebuttal lest you become that "swamp gas guy".

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
kudos

great rant

those are the disinfo agents getting paid minimum wage

edit on 12-8-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

hehe seriously, i get having an intelligent reply as to why you think its anything out of the ordinary but that just seems to irk me a lot. it just smacks of smug ignorance.

plus its pretty uncreative and lame

edit on 8/12/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

Amen, it is unreal. Swamp gas doesn't morph into a plane before your eyes either

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
obviously NOT an extraterrestrial craft sarcastically stating......

Looks like the majority disagrees...just saying.

Cheers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

obviously NOT an extraterrestrial craft sarcastically stating......

Looks like the majority disagrees...just saying.

Cheers

then "swamp gas" it is for you friend.

there is a difference between belief and reality btw

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

homeskillet i've noticed there are assorted flavors of swamp gas guy. it seems to go hand-in-hand with many topics that have been posted upon repeatedly. just as there will always be someone who has to state the obvious, or someone who has to parrot something they have heard stated on TV programs one time too often.

a different site i attend features assorted online news posts that members remark on. in each and every post related to the news of a rapist or serial rapist being brought to justice or what-not, someone has to state with authority something about 'it's not a sex thing, it's all about control'. i've read that so many times i could scream.

your pet peeve is even more bona fide on ATS as many people try to think outside the box, to try and be original or creative in their theory or statement. swamp gas guy will never go away. he's the same guy who says to others "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" in summer, and actually thinks he is funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You are obviously trolling dude...

I simply pointed you to they survey results.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

man(woman?), thank you! i have never been accused of trolling ever!

honestly, i get your point. i actually took that poll and found it to be a little off in its wording here and there.

all im really pointing out is the lack of critical thinking some posters seem to display. not saying they dont have that but really?? is just throwing out tired cliches really helping your side? i rarely post things because i cant. n=know when to remain silent. choose your battles. dont throw out lame pot shots when you cant use eloquent logic to express your thoughts.....or hell, at least be funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

homeskillet i've noticed there are assorted flavors of swamp gas guy. it seems to go hand-in-hand with many topics that have been posted upon repeatedly. just as there will always be someone who has to state the obvious, or someone who has to parrot something they have heard stated on TV programs one time too often.

a different site i attend features assorted online news posts that members remark on. in each and every post related to the news of a rapist or serial rapist being brought to justice or what-not, someone has to state with authority something about 'it's not a sex thing, it's all about control'. i've read that so many times i could scream.

your pet peeve is even more bona fide on ATS as many people try to think outside the box, to try and be original or creative in their theory or statement. swamp gas guy will never go away. he's the same guy who says to others "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" in summer, and actually thinks he is funny.

thank you! you get it. there always seem to be "that guy" that doesnt add ANYTHING. i dont even care if you dont add to the debate so much. i mean id prefer to see it during serious discussion but if you cant...at least be funny and original.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I get your, point.

There are does non-believers who do the exact some things, to make the others look like loonies.
Hence, others are emotionally driven to return the favor.

Unless we have some sort of respect with regard to UFO debates, there will also be those that do what they do.

Cheers...
edit on 12-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

No sarcasm implied...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

oh and occasionally they'll throw in a flippant" phhhh i guess its chinese lanterns too".

Oh man, glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed at that kind of post. Have you also noticed that at the beginning of many a thread there's always a dimwit who states ''there'll be a debunker along in a minute to say you're mad or it didn't happen'' or something similar no matter how ridiculous the claim from the op is? Are these idiots annoyed that people don't automatically believe everything they read? Yet at the same time they have the balls to call the general public sheep.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Great thread...

Great minds think alike....I just posted an almost identical thread. Sorry hadn't seen this one, nice to know I'm not the only one who despises the swamp gas guy....what a tool.

Here's my thread.

My thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This made me think.
Are there any photos of actual swamp gas?
I mean, some gas being emitted from a swamp, most likely methane, ignited, and producing enough light in the sky to make people think it might be something else?
Anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Great thread...

Great minds think alike....I just posted an almost identical thread. Sorry hadn't seen this one, nice to know I'm not the only one who despises the swamp gas guy....what a tool.

Here's my thread.

My thread.

nice! i just went over and checked it out. i love the "play some skynyrd!" comment. it's just not funny.

i know that ats has an issue with one liners (which in actuality can add to a discussion) but most of the sites i frequent dont care. so, if youre going to risk a one liner, make it a good one. not some tired smug cliche.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

agreed.
isn't it weird that we made these threads within days of each other? I'm sure we've both hated the "swamp gas guy" for quite some time now.

Let's make a deal. From now on when we see the "swamp gas guy" show up in a thread we'll refer him to both of our threads. I really think we can make a real difference here. I'm actually thinking of going back a scouring old threads to find him. As far as I know there is no statute of limitations on "gassing" a thread. Just coined a new ats term.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

its great because your thread really mirrors mine. ive definitely wanted to write one for a while so one night when i was having a few drinks i figured it was time.

im up for referring people to our threads as im pretty sure the many "swamp gas guys" probably havent seen them. that, or they are ashamed to comment lol

p.s. i actually decided it probably wouldnt be a good idea to call people directly out but it would be interesting to see how many their are or even if some are the same character.
edit on 8/15/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/2011 by homeskillet because: grammar

edit on 8/15/2011 by homeskillet because: ahhh more grammar

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Chinese lantern, more advanced than the stealth bomber.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hawkwind.

Well said. I think some have lived their entire life in Disneyland, circuses and zoos. Don't forget church. A world of fantasy is the result of years of conditioning to Hollywood, video games and comic books?

Clogging the internet with YouTubes asking, is anything real?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join